💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Witness Is An Underrated Album

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

DitaDolla

I hate the fact that most ppl hate it. It's her best work for me. I mean:

Witness, HHH, Roulette, bigger than me, save as draft, miss u more, power, pendulum and deja vu are all bopssss

AlexanderMagno

I'm watching you and your weird opinions :gum:

Simply putting, trying to do something different does not mean it's better (same argument goes for Gaga).

Witness is far from the bubblegum pop Katy delivered for many years. But even that was better than Witness. Somehow, that was a genre that she mastered. The whole album sounds like a filler, it's really weird. And not a good filler. The attempt for being a bit more conceptual is nothing but words, it delivers generic sounds with no true call. I think she lost herself a bit. But it's my opinion and, also my opinion, I think it's an album to be enjoyed for those who enjoy it. I don't like it so I don't listen to it, and I have no business judging those who like it. I do have business when someone says it's underrated :hor:

Lucas

Witness, Roulette, Power, Chained To The Rythm and the gem Tsunami are some of her best songs. Not a big fan on the rest of the album but it's not as bad as people say

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm watching you and your weird opinions :gum:

Simply putting, trying to do something different does not mean it's better (same argument goes for Gaga).

Witness is far from the bubblegum pop Katy delivered for many years. But even that was better than Witness. Somehow, that was a genre that she mastered. The whole album sounds like a filler, it's really weird. And not a good filler. The attempt for being a bit more conceptual is nothing but words, it delivers generic sounds with no true call. I think she lost herself a bit. But it's my opinion and, also my opinion, I think it's an album to be enjoyed for those who enjoy it. I don't like it so I don't listen to it, and I have no business judging those who like it. I do have business when someone says it's underrated :hor:

I obviously disagree but I'm too tired to go into it all... 

But I never said it was better because 'it's something different'... it may well be but who cares? This whole album is a bop, the production is great and really served bops. 

It's underrated for the fact that people turn their nose at it because 'Katy has short blonde hair' or 'its not bubblegum pop'... you got to give the project a chance and it's the same for any artist. 

The album doesn't scream filler to me at all... to me fillers are extra songs which are really not needed and I don't get that from Witness at all. 

But I'm not judging anyone who hated it, I was just stating that it's underrated which is indeed true :vegas: 

End Racism Now

Anderson123

It is an interesting album for Katy’s standards but I feel like she’s lost without Dr. Luke’s presence. I admire that she’s proud of it but it’s not that good in my opinion, could’ve been better. NOT that I am a fan of her past work (only a couple of guilty pleasures like ET, The One That Got Away and Dark Horse) but she really needs new people and producers/writers. 

joannesrats

I think it was a misstep, she talked too highly of it saying that it was "woke pop," whatever that even means. I gave it a few listens and there weren't any stand out tracks to me, even the singles... I hope her next album does well. 

Damon

I lowkey agree, I love like half of the album though

... and now i just sit in silence.

HelloBarbara

For me ranking Katys albums:

1. One of the Boys

2. Witness

3. Teenage Dream

4. Prism

Witness is actually a great album. Made me a Katy stan again after I lost some interest during prism (the album still had great tracks Walking on Air, BTGOG, Legendary Lovers but felt like something was missing and was her most generic). Honestly apart from Tsunami and Pendulum, every track on Witness is great (personal faves include Act My Age, Swish Swish, Roulette, Power, Hey Hey Hey and Bigger Than Me)

Hiiieee

Bradley
12 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

Ugh no, my mum and dad don't have a lot of money and I don't have a job... so I was never going to go see her, or Gaga for that matter :selena: I really wish I was one of the people she offered free tickets to :selena: I always liked Katy, one because her music is great and two because she is hot af :selena:  I don't like her short blonde hair, though I loved her hair during CTTR... but it got shorter and shorter :selena:

Aww, her tickets generally aren't expensive. Justin Timberlake's last row tickets were way more expensive than Katy Perry's front row tickets. And Katy puts on a better show. I wish you could have seen her live.

Anyway, she just seems so confident in her short hair, it's so appealing to me I dk why, and I rarely like women with short hair.

12 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

Do you believe me if I say this is exacltly my same experience, feelings and thoughts?

Except I didn't get to see her live even if she came really really close to where I live because I still wasn't so much into the album. Next time, I really think I'm going tho!

Of course I believe you. You have to go see her live next time, she's a wonderful live performer.

Queen Bitch

"Your words are like chinese water torture" :selena: is one of the most cringe-worthy lines i've ever heard in a song. The tracklist was a mess and should have been shorter. I liked some song, but overall I wouldn't call it her best.

Archived