Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Marina officially drops "and the Diamonds" from her name

pink sushi

Featured Posts

Mezz I thought she was in band and I listen to her :messga:

Tbh it's her fault  why would you make you name "and sth" she should have named herself Marina Diamond or sth now her name feels like it's missing something :cryga:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IAmNotHere1997

I think that's better I guess :vegas: I was listening to the radio a couple of years ago and the DJ literally said "You just listened to Marina FEATURING the diamonds" :saladga:

Oriane
1 hour ago, PussyGlam said:

Florence and the Machine is a solo artist? 

I have to agree with you about the name trend because it's ridiculous.  

No it's a band, but it's the same, "girl name + something". In that case it works, for solo artists it's just weird because of course you would think it's a band.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

pink sushi
12 minutes ago, Fusel said:

the nostalgia i get from reading this

OMFG IT'S YOU!

I REMEMBER YOU!! :udidnt:

Seeka
1 hour ago, Oriane said:

No it's a band, but it's the same, "girl name + something". In that case it works, for solo artists it's just weird because of course you would think it's a band.

Isn't your own point moot then? Not to mention, the original name of Florence and The Machine is much longer, more ridiculous and actually featured two female names.

Not to mention, I really wouldn't consider it a trend. I don't see like multiple people doing this.

MaryJaneHolland
2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

her fans/ stan world yes

the GP no

She is known in The UK

RAMROD

This change will only problematic to anyone who uses last fm, and listens to her, for instance: me.😆

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Oriane
10 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Isn't your own point moot then? Not to mention, the original name of Florence and The Machine is much longer, more ridiculous and actually featured two female names.

Not to mention, I really wouldn't consider it a trend. I don't see like multiple people doing this.

How ? I mentioned it because it was the first mainstream example from the last years, then others followed but they were not bands.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Seeka
2 hours ago, Oriane said:

How ? I mentioned it because it was the first mainstream example from the last years, then others followed but they were not bands.

How many people have really done it though?

You only have two examples. Two does not a trend make. Especially when said two were at least a year apart. 

Plus also, there have been bands before Florence who did something similar I'm pretty sure.

Honestly everything here is just similarities and coincidences. You're entire premise has to rely on Marina being inspired by Florence when we know that probably didn't happen. And I doubt that Christine person was inspired by either Florence or Marina who have both become cult bands.

Queen Gloria

She should just call herself Marina Diamandis. 

Pop Music

I love this choice. She is joining the Cher and Beyonce levels of divadom and iconic status :classy: 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

FrankGutz

Marina and the diamonds >>>> Marina

Marina alone screams flop, her full name was beautiful tbh

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

RainingOnMe

Ahh I love her! I'll be going to the show and meeting her backstage as well as some of my online best friends!

Archived