Pop Stars Who Haven't Realized They're Not Famous Anymore

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
21 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Jonas songs "chains" and "levels" were underappreciated. I loved them.

Preach sis

I'm the bitch that's fragile

2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She can actually sing really well when she tries but there's a lot going on that make people (including me) dislike her. She writes barely anything, she just pays people to write her hits, so she's hardly an "artist," especially in this day and age where singers are expected to write their own material. She's also everywhere despite only having released one album years ago and has basically done nothing to earn all these undeserved opportunities. And lastly, its long been rumoured (and pretty much backed up) that she gets to where she is by attempting to sleep her way to the top. She's been with so many people, even the offspring of famous people, like Rob Kardashian and Ricky Hill and X Factor winners like James Arthur. It's likely she got together with Calvin Harris just so he could produce her album (there were rumours he dumped her and banned her from playing the songs they worked on after she cheated on him with Justin Bieber). A$AP Rocky made a disgusting sexual reference to her in his song, Better Things, which, although wrong and all, showed the extent of just how much she gets around. And she was also criticised for her portrayal of bisexuality in new song, Girls, because we don't even know if she's even into girls, the closest evidence is her being friends with Cara Delevigne.

So many have asked the question "Why do so many people dislike her?" but I think it's obvious. It's not so much her music people are against, it's the persona. She represents the kind of fame hungry celebrity that the public tends to hate.

As I said, I think those choices were chosen specifically to outrage their respective fanbases, thus generating clicks, for good or bad.

I agree, as much as I like her new album and her old stuff, she's done a lot worse than a lot of the names listed and I'm surprised she's not here either.

Okay I get what you are saying with not writing her songs but we do sometimes need fluffy pop stars like that like Britney and Whitney. She’s actually a pretty good performer as well, yeah she’s not brought out an album since ORA, but in today’s market, singles make more sense than a full album if you don’t intend on writing a full and cohesive project yourself. She’s had a fair bit of success in the UK even with her latest singles.. I also find it a bit presumptuous and rude to accuse her of sleeping her way to the top, she’s a talented singer and performer. 

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, Karl said:

Okay I get what you are saying with not writing her songs but we do sometimes need fluffy pop stars like that like Britney and Whitney. She’s actually a pretty good performer as well, yeah she’s not brought out an album since ORA, but in today’s market, singles make more sense than a full album if you don’t intend on writing a full and cohesive project yourself. She’s had a fair bit of success in the UK even with her latest singles.. I also find it a bit presumptuous and rude to accuse her of sleeping her way to the top, she’s a talented singer and performer. 

Yeah, but they're from a different time. Back then, not writing your own songs was acceptable but it's a whole new landscape now. You'll be looked at weird if you don't write the majority of your own material now. If she doesn't want to release a full album, why is she is a singer writing new songs? It makes sense that if you want to garner a fanbase, you have to put out full albums, which is likely part of the reason why she doesn't have much of a fanbase to speak of - there's nothing to be a fan of as she has nothing to say or any form of a brand. Yes, she's had a bit of surprising success recently but that's because hitmakers wrote the singles. If she was completely on her own, she might flounder helplessly. You can be the most talented person in the world and not make it, hence why some try sleeping their way to the top. Not that it's actually something that works, but it doesn't stop many from trying. You can't deny that she always hooks up with famous people and as soon as she breaks up with one, she's onto the next. Rob Kardashian claimed she cheated on him with "a whole bunch of dudes" and she must have done something really hurtful to Calvin Harris to make him forbid her to perform any of the material he made with her. Doesn't sound like someone to be trusted. There's also much to be made of the fact that she's seemingly always on exotic holidays despite not releasing an album in years, not having massive worldwide success, not touring and not earning royalties from songs because she doesn't write them. Where does she get all the money to fund these trips and why is she even on holiday instead of working on her music? Its caused some to put two and two together and realise that these could be "business trips," shall we say. Plenty of reality stars down on their luck have gone this route to pay the bills. It wouldn't surprise me.

Bradley
11 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Take out Katy and Justin and add Christina, Nicki, etc. :air:

Nicki is still pretty relevant.

Luxe Ford

Thinking like this would only be wortwhile if fame developed in a predictable way with an apex followed by a swift decline and boom - someone isn't relevant anymore.

Artists can come back again and again, even after many years.

One example: Cher with "Believe". Who would have thunk it?

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

LOVE JUNKIE
On 7/18/2018 at 6:12 PM, ryanliarripley said:

katy perry? justin timberlake? is this woman delusional?

EVERYONE knows who katy perry and justin are, one underperformance doesn't just drop them off the face of the earth

everyone would easily recognise both these people. katy is literally on AI and justin's tour is pulling in millions for his "flop" album

Man of the Woods was sooooooooooooooooooo bad tho how does anyone come back from that :confused:

The single he released two weeks ago that didn't chart isn't helping his case either

on a three day bender

Sebastiaan De Graaf
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

Nicki is still pretty relevant.

She's just going through her 4th album curse, hopefully she'll slay again soon:staymad:

SpeechIess
20 minutes ago, Sebastiaan De Graaf said:

She's just going through her 4th album curse, hopefully she'll slay again soon:staymad:

Let's just hope she doesn't take it hard and do a Joanne era. "Carol" :spin:

ryanripley
2 hours ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Man of the Woods was sooooooooooooooooooo bad tho how does anyone come back from that :confused:

The single he released two weeks ago that didn't chart isn't helping his case either

he's justin timberlake, his tour proves he doesn't need to

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Sebastiaan De Graaf
2 hours ago, SpeechIess said:

Let's just hope she doesn't take it hard and do a Joanne era. "Carol" :spin:

Lmao Nicki is the queen of rap (or at least one of the queens), it would give her a #1 tho:trollga:

SpeechIess
2 hours ago, Sebastiaan De Graaf said:

Lmao Nicki is the queen of rap (or at least one of the queens), it would give her a #1 tho:trollga:

It would, whewww :stalkga:

Bradley
7 hours ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

His tour is doing better than the Joanne World Tour, and no the album was actually pretty good.

Also he just did the Superbowl so I'd say he's doing just fine.

Archived