Jump to content
DJ White Shadow
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
opinion

RedOne is overrated

Featured Posts

Hyperballad
1 hour ago, L E O said:

Go listen to Joanne if you think that Bad Romance, Boys Boys Boys Just Dance, LoveGame, Money Honey, Paper Gangsta, Poker Face, Alejandro, Monster, So Happy I Could Die, Hair, Judas and motherf-cking Scheiße are not of your liking. But don't mistake your opinion and taste, which are of course valid, with facts. 

who said i wasn’t respecting him or that i never liked his music with Gaga :oprah: 

2 hours ago, L E O said:

Go listen to Joanne if you think that Bad Romance, Boys Boys Boys Just Dance, LoveGame, Money Honey, Paper Gangsta, Poker Face, Alejandro, Monster, So Happy I Could Die, Hair, Judas and motherf-cking Scheiße are not of your liking. But don't mistake your opinion and taste, which are of course valid, with facts. 

Y'all need to learn to respect people's work, even if you don't like it (which I find it hard to believe considering the numbers of songs he produced, but hey, taste...)

Or maybe we want him because we consider his work with Gaga the best instead, and we have more fun listening to his produced songs? 

I know I'd dance to Scheiße over ANY Gaga song, anyday.

it’s Gaga’s work at the end of the day not ours, we don’t decide... 

and her repeating herself to impress her fans and show that she can make a Scheiße and Poker Face 2.0 is just so... :gum: 

i’d also dance to Scheiße over any Gaga song as well but why would trying to recreate it be a good idea? wouldn’t it be better for her to showcase what she’s capable instead of just repeating herself?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
27 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

RedOne hate will not be tolerated. In addition to Gaga’s work ethic, he is a huge part of why Gaga’s music sounded fresh in 2008, and solidified her role in pop music. In my opinion, he’s always saving his best for Gaga. I’m sure they have tons of unreleased that sound amazing!

Look, yes we credit RedOne at the begining of her career but he is not a god. His work with other artists haven't been very good at all. His song Boom Boom is honestly not good... his work is just not great. I don't why everyone wants Gaga to work with Red again :saladga:

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tino

He's not overrated. We based our opinion solely on his work with Gaga. And as far as I know, he was the producer of her biggest hits for a reason.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monketsharona

Well just saying but she performed like almost ALL her songs she made with him the last two years and everyone was bopping hard on it.

So no their collabs are not dated.

The Cure is already dated though, at least she was just trying to follow a trend with this. Anyway. 

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
2 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Well just saying but she performed like almost ALL her song she made with him the least two years and everyone was bopping hard on it.

So no their collabs are not dated.

The Cure is already dated though, at least she was just trying to follow a trend with this. Anyway. 

How is The Cure dated? It still sounds current to me... 

The  Fame/Monster still bops, but it is dated. You can tell it's from 2009. Bad Romance is overrated in itself with in this fanbase. 

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monketsharona
24 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I don't why everyone wants Gaga to work with Red again :saladga:

Because he did like amazing with her ? Because he's such a cool and positive guy ? Because fought hard for her to get radio plays everywhere in the world at the start of her career while nobody wanted her ? Because the songs they've done together still have a HUGE impact in pop music and will probably still being played in 30 years ? 

No one care about what he does on his own, we are talking about working with LG. Mark Ronson last album is boring as hell, DJWS mixtapes are often hell messy and repetitive. BloodPop has done some hell generic stuff for other artists.

Do you want them back ? yes. Only because they do good with her. Same goes for RedOne.  

 

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tino
3 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Bad Romance is overrated in itself with in this fanbase. 

I wouldn't say Bad Romance is overrated within the fanbase. People here seems to over praise Scheibe more than any other song. Bad Romance is however, critics favorite.

Edited by Tino

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monketsharona
1 minute ago, Craig Barnes said:

How is The Cure dated? It still sounds current to me... 

The  Fame/Monster still bops, but it is dated. You can tell it's from 2009. Bad Romance is overrated in itself with in this fanbase. 

Tropical house is already fading honestly. The Cure is everything but ground breaking or creative. It is just a random song following an already tired trend. Nobody will remember that song in years, just my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
16 minutes ago, Tino said:

He's not overrated. We based our opinion solely on his work with Gaga. And as far as I know, he was the producer of her biggest hits for a reason.

I based my opinion by taking is work with others into consideration. He worked with Gaga and both Gaga and RedOne combined made Gaga's career start. That's good. But after this he worked with other artists and their songs sounded similar to Gaga's. Then Gaga went back to him for some of BTW and he created Judas which is literally Poker Face and Bad Romance in the same song, and other songs too. RedOne creates songs which then sound similar to songs he has already made. 

He made Starships by Nicki Minaj... which was his last big hit. So monsters saying stuff like "Go back to RedOne" will not help Gaga at all.

He is overrated because there's nothing original about him. He created TF/M and hasn't moved on from there 

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatieJudasGaga4

Angel Down and Gypsy were very different than Bad Romance, Poker Face, Judas, etc.....all songs that RedOne worked on, so no.

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
EnigmaticHooker

y'all just sit here spilling tea, when i'm here remembering Darkchild, who did the ultimate masterpiece called ''Telephone''.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
7 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Because he did like amazing with her ? Because he's such a cool and positive guy ? Because fought hard for her to get radio plays everywhere in the world at the start of her career while nobody wanted her ? Because the songs they've done together still have a HUGE impact in pop music and will probably still being played in 30 years ? 

No one care about what he does on his own, we are talking about working with LG. Mark Ronson last album is boring as hell, DJWS mixtapes are often hell messy and repetitive. BloodPop has done some hell generic stuff for other artists.

Do you want them back ? yes. Only because they do good with her. Same goes for RedOne.  

 

RedOne will try created a Bad Romance 3.0 which I don't want

 

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tino
5 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I based my opinion by taking is work with others into consideration. He worked with Gaga and both Gaga and RedOne combined made Gaga's career start. That's good. But after this he worked with other artists and their songs sounded similar to Gaga's. Then Gaga went back to him for some of BTW and he created Judas which is literally Poker Face and Bad Romance in the same song, and other songs too. RedOne creates songs which then sound similar to songs he has already made. 

He made Starships by Nicki Minaj... which was his last big hit. So monsters saying stuff like "Go back to RedOne" will not help Gaga at all.

He is overrated because there's nothing original about him. He created TF/M and hasn't moved on from there 

Saying he's overrated because there's "nothing" original about him is bs. Like many people here have mentioned, when Gaga works with a producer, she tends to bring out the best out of them. His latest work with Gaga (Angel Down Work Tape) sounds totally different to everything that he has done in the past. 

Edited by Tino

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Angel Down and Gypsy were very different than Bad Romance, Poker Face, Judas, etc.....all songs that RedOne worked on, so no.

They aren't that great though 

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tino
1 minute ago, Craig Barnes said:

They aren't that great though 

It's not about being great. It sounds different and that's the point. Because you were the one who said that his work sounds the same all the time.

Edited by Tino

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×