💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

Oriane
23 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

well I'm very touched by your lyrics and the fact that you explained 'em just make it even more real. I honestly can relate and I love the words you chose, your writing is really good! I love how experimental is your song as well, instrumentally and melodically. This changes and tbh I had this "I know what you're gonna say" in my head all day long! I hope you'll be there for the next season 

Thank you, it means a lot ! :hug:

I was not sure what people would think of it, I didn't try to make it especially relatable and I talked a lot about personal things but the message is universal.

I'll be here hopefully, it depends on when the next season takes place, I might not be available but I'll try my best !

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Cassidyfal
On 8/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

5. @Cassidyfal aka VOID - ICY QUEUE

Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

Void is your little mind
I hold a conscience
Amaurosis to your grime
(To your) I'm not blind

Their mental senses
My inner wellness
Cry, idle
They chose love over fate
Unavailing
Its overrated
I’m elated
Subject in vain

But in deep passion I am ecstatic
Your piece of plastic fractioned your brain
Feeling of freud
Art they level, I stand greater while your mind still void

Listen I, strive deep distance
Lack intentness, give what you don’t need
Bolder to visibility still you can’t see exquisite colour
I am free

Sometimes I Fall to pieces
But I get up Its just me
I veil positive
But your void minded
Visored perspective
Void

Void is your little mind
I hold a conscience
Amaurosis to your grime
(To your) I'm not blind

Hey, here's a bit about my songie! :heart:

This is my second song I released to the public, not the second I made lol I made so many songies. 

I am 16 and my music name is ICEY QUEUE!

In the beginning of summer I put out a song that wasn't really me or felt like me(the video for it did tho.) I posted it on social media and got backlash from other people. I wanted to post something after that was more like my style and with a meaning behind it, so in short time I made VOID! 

VOID is about a emptyiness, a cold place in some people's minds. Some people seem to have such cute little void brains, like a school of fish, they go in the direction they feel is expected and where everyone else goes. These people with void minds seek the worst in you when you're trying to do the most with yourself. 

Even though it seems like the world around you is a cold place, you can escape that by finding a passion. The root of the word passion means to die for, if what you love is truly to die for then it is a passion. Most people never find a passion and it's really sad, but the trick to finding it is to swim out of the school of fish, even if it means the sharks might try to eat you. To make it clear, passion does not rely on another person, when a passion is found you don't even feel the need to constantly be with someone else. 

"They chose love over fate", I believe fate is more important than the mainstream belief that love will find you happiness. If you follow a fate even if it's hard, you will find a love within yourself and it feels better. 

My song has to do with summer becuase in the summer time especially, everyone drifts away a bit and it becomes easier to tell who's spending their time genorously and who's minds stay void and use the time negativly. You can think of it as a roast track to the mean people or like a standing up for yourself song.

"I hold a conscience, amaurosis to your grime" You are better at seeing further, you have a beautiful blindness to the flaws of others. Even though it feels like its hard to go about, forgivness and going forwards is the key. Once you try to fight negativity with negativity your mind will become void like the enemy.

:heart:

Thanks!

I hope this song helped others and let people understand better! :heart:

(I think I might work on a word for word denotation of the song, any good websites to do it on?)

• Love 7

Oriane
5 minutes ago, Cassidyfal said:

Hey, here's a bit about my songie! :heart:

This is my second song I released to the public, not the second I made lol I made so many songies. 

I am 16 and my music name is ICEY QUEUE!

In the beginning of summer I put out a song that wasn't really me or felt like me(the video for it did tho.) I posted it on social media and got backlash from other people. I wanted to post something after that was more like my style and with a meaning behind it, so in short time I made VOID! 

VOID is about a emptyiness, a cold place in some people's minds. Some people seem to have such cute little void brains, like a school of fish, they go in the direction they feel is expected and where everyone else goes. These people with void minds seek the worst in you when you're trying to do the most with yourself. 

Even though it seems like the world around you is a cold place, you can escape that by finding a passion. The root of the word passion means to die for, if what you love is truly to die for then it is a passion. Most people never find a passion and it's really sad, but the trick to finding it is to swim out of the school of fish, even if it means the sharks might try to eat you. To make it clear, passion does not rely on another person, when a passion is found you don't even feel the need to constantly be with someone else. 

"They chose love over fate", I believe fate is more important than the mainstream belief that love will find you happiness. If you follow a fate even if it's hard, you will find a love within yourself and it feels better. 

My song has to do with summer becuase in the summer time especially, everyone drifts away a bit and it becomes easier to tell who's spending their time genorously and who's minds stay void and use the time negativly. You can think of it as a roast track to the mean people or like a standing up for yourself song.

"I hold a conscience, amaurosis to your grime" You are better at seeing further, you have a beautiful blindness to the flaws of others. Even though it feels like its hard to go about, forgivness and going forwards is the key. Once you try to fight negativity with negativity your mind will become void like the enemy.

:heart:

Thanks!

I hope this song helped others and let people understand better! :heart:

(I think I might work on a word for word denotation of the song, any good websites to do it on?)

I remember when you posted your first song here !

It's really good, you're very talented for your age. Thanks for explaining your song, I was confused about the meaning but it's clear now.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Love 2

Bottleblonde
On 8/12/2018 at 9:09 PM, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

4. @Bottleblonde aka LÚPÙS - No Limits

Lyrics:

Hide contents

Verse 1:
We love,
We fight,
How can I just say goodbye to you tonight?

You hate
That I make
All of this so complicated but I need

Someone
Like you
But we both know that breaking up is the right thing to do 'cause

If you don't
Want me to
Stay the night, that's alright, I'm done with you

Pre-chorus 1:
And if you change your mind,
Promise I'll leave all of this behind

Chorus:
'Cause you are always there you see that,
You are the one who sets me free
When I'm with you I can be me
There are no limits, nothing's weird and nothing I can't be (2x)

Verse 2:
Not once,
Not twice,
You know I cheat and you know I lie everytime

We are
Stuck in
The same old cycle and repent our sins

Pre-chorus 2:
And though we've been through it all,
Without you I'm afraid I'll fall

Chorus

Bridge:
I know soon you will come back to me and you will see that we are meant to be
You need me and I need you and I know we'll make it through

Chorus (2x)

As everyone already started promoting their song, I will be doing the same now.

Sooo hi it's me again,  LÚPÙS :ohwell:

The meaning of the song: 

This is going to sound very pathetic, but here it is. The story I wanted to tell with this song is a personal one about a guy I met and we were dating for a while. It is still unclear what we are right now (I think friends), but we fight all the time because it's confusing and we both get jealous, but everytime we come back to each other ('cause we need each other, I think:messga:).

Something about me:

I have been writing songs my whole life and taught myself how to play the piano at a very young age (I think 10). Only very lately I got more into the whole producing side and I am still learning as you probably can hear. It was also never the purpose to sing the songs myself as it was always meant for professional singers. With this song I really changed my direction as well. Maybe people here still remember Last Call from last season which was a very emotional ballad and now I am producing more electropop tracks as I love listening to those kind of songs myself.

What to expect in the future:

My first album Lupus came out in March and some stand-alone singles were released along the way. I travelled to Switzerland all by myself (I am from the Netherlands) and stayed there three months for my studies, but I got a lot of new inspiration for my second album. All the songwriting is done, now it's production time. No Limits will be on the second album and it is definitely not the best song on the album right now but the most summer themed song on the album that's why I shelved one reaaally good song that is coming out as soon as possible and it will have a music video (maybe something for the next contest:stalkga:). 

SOOO I also wanted to wish everyone good luck once again and I am still shookT by the songs and listen to some of them a lot!

Black Aura
  • Love 6

LOVE JUNKIE
On 8/12/2018 at 2:24 PM, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

12. @LOVE JUNKIE aka Elion Gimoni - Ivy

Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I know it's scary
but it's your ticket out of here
Don't be sorry Ivy in the morning
Just pack your bags and run, run, run
It didn't take too long to read the signs and
See that your path is clear
Yeah come running through the city
Brilliant Ivy show them your heart of gold
Now that you're on your own
You asked me "tell me,
Aren't we all just running toward the same thing?"
Yeah, Summer Ivy keep on growing
Green and thriving while it's still not snowing
With your heart on the ground
You asked me "will you stick around?"
I say friend to friend only til the bitter end
and into eternity, eternity
Words they hurt they scarred you
Poisoned Ivy, bleed them
Bleed them out
Your heart is in the right place
Draw them in
Leave them screaming
Make them shout
It's your world now
You asked me "tell me,
Aren't we all just running toward the same thing"
yeah Summer Ivy keep on growing
Yeah we're all just running toward the same thing
Summer Ivy keep on growing
You're in the sky you're climbing Ivy but
you say the beat of your drum is drowning you out
praying for a warm familiar hero
but you know only you can save you now
All these knights in shining armor
They're just cowards in a crowd
Empty rovers in the mire
Looking to suck your lifeblood out
Don't be jaded jewel and silver
You're all-precious, hear us
When the storm comes in the morning
You'll be riding the wind on your way out
We're all just running toward the same thing
Yeah, Summer Ivy keep on growing
Yeah we're all just running toward the same thing
Summer Ivy keep on growing
Til the bitter
End

In this post I'll be breaking down the lyrics in my song Ivy. Before I get into it I just wanted to say that 🚨 some of the inspiration for my song is a bit sad and dark so if that kind of thing affects you in a negative way I understand and I'd recommend not reading this 🚨 I'm sorry this post is so long but it'd really mean a lot if you are able to read it all :heart:

0_A7_DECAB_936_B_488_A_AE34_98_CE577150_

a picture I took in my front yard :selena:

The character of Ivy in my song represents an amalgamation of people in my life: mostly my sister, my best friend and myself. As a whole, it's a coming-of-age type story about finding your place in the world as an artist, personal freedom/independence, and seizing opportunities while you can :firega:

I'm going to to explain each section of the song and put the lyrics I'm referring to in parentheses.

FIRST VERSE

The first verse reflects what's happening in my life. It's about taking risks (I know it's scary/but it's your ticket out of here), becoming independent (pack your bags and run, run, run) and proving yourself (show them your heart of gold) 💛

CHORUS

The chorus is essentially saying we're all going to die one day (we're all just running toward the same thing: death) so we should be thankful for what we have and make the most of the situations we're in (keep on growing/Green and thriving while it's still not snowing) 🌿🍃🌱

I live in Minnesota where it's cold and snowy for more than half of the year so I use that as a metaphor: use the opportunities and situations in your life to grow like a plant uses the abundance of sunlight in the Summer. To add to that metaphor, ivy is a type of plant that uses other plants and structures to grow.

"On level ground they remain creeping, not exceeding 5–20 cm height, but on suitable surfaces for climbing, including trees, natural rock outcrops or man-made structures such as quarry rock faces or built masonry and wooden structures, they can climb to at least 30 m above the ground." thanks wikipedia :flutter:

This is a lot like people. Some of us will only ever creep near the ground but given the right circumstances we can climb to great heights :koons:

POST-CHORUS

The post-chorus is inspired by my relationship with my best friend. We've been friends for a decade now and we've been through a lot together. In high school she experienced a lot of painful, horrible things including abusive parents, sexual assault, having an eating disorder, and self-harming. She would always fear that I would leave her/stop being her friend because she was angry/sad/emotional all the time and she would ask me if I was going to abandon her (With your heart on the ground/You asked me "will you stick around?") I never abandoned her or gave up on our friendship and we're closer now than ever and I think she'll be a part of my life until the day I die (I say friend to friend only til the bitter end and into eternity) :runhug:

SECOND VERSE

The second verse is about confronting trauma from your past (Words they hurt, they scarred you), letting go of hurt and anger (Bleed them out) and using those painful feelings to create something that will connect with people (Draw them in/Leave them screaming/Make them shout) :woot:

BRIDGE

Finally, the bridge is inspired a lot by my sister. She has a hard time with being alone (you say the beat of your drum is drowning you out). Like a lot of people she looks to romantic relationships to help herself feel whole and complete (praying for a warm familiar hero) but I think learning to love herself and embracing her independence will help her find true happiness and I think deep down she knows that, too (but you know only you can save you now) :queenga:

A lot of the men in her life have seemed great at first but ended up treating her poorly and have taken advantage of her (All these knights in shining armor/They're just cowards in a crowd/Empty rovers in the mire/Looking to suck your lifeblood out) but despite these bad experiences she shouldn't give up on love (Don't be jaded jewel and silver) and at the end of the day no matter what happens we, as her family love and support her (You're all-precious, hear us) and no matter how bad things get there's always hope that you can escape and become free (When the storm comes in the morning/You'll be riding the wind on your way out) :bye:

If you made it through all that THANK YOU! :hug: I think I'll do another post about my inspirations for the sound/style/structure of the song when I have the chance to organize all my thoughts about it.

Edited by LOVE JUNKIE
on a three day bender
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Haralampos

I have my final votes! I want to say that many of you have very good songs but I can't vote you all. My third favorite song have the best overall production. It was less hard to vote this time because we have less songs than last season. Still I had to left songs out of my list that was good too. This season have better songs and I hope this to continue and grow. I don't feel bad that I didn't participate, it was a conscious decision, taking into account my feelings for the first season and for what I said, I wanted to stay true with myself. This time I'm enjoying it better as a listener!

Edited by Harry X
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

tumblr_pdgq2tqwei1w2srido1_1280.jpg

Fetish for You - off my album Vainsexual

Vainsexual [noun/adjective]: someone who loves itself, its ambitions, its dreams first & believes in itself no matter what; someone who sees & uses Vanity as a way of self-discovery, not as something toxic. Not to be confused with being cocky or being a jerk.

#MirrorYourVanity

Edited by Guest

I’m happy that, even tho I didn’t participate this time, I listened to all of the songs one by one because they were all E-PIC (my #1 and #2 picks snatched me so hard I’m still bleeding...)!

I’m not saying this to be “Born This Way”, I love that literally everyone has their own style and that you can hear the passion in every single one of the songs.

Also, just like @Harry X, I wish I could’ve voted for more people, so if I didn’t vote for you, don’t take it personal...... blame @NIGHTCRAWLER instead :trollga:

Just kidding, good luck to everyone!

Love y’all creative hunties! 

Edited by Aleks
We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 4

Abramovic
On 8/12/2018 at 9:05 PM, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

2. @Abramovic aka Woodrake - Stalker 

Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

You think that I’m blind 
When I haunt you 
But I guess you need some time 
Until u realize 
I’m the one for you
Here waiting for you 
Is no crime 

So many people around me 
Have somebody (2x)
And you don’t care what I feel 
I need somebody (2x)

It’s a beautiful night 
It’s a beautiful night 
Show me you true desire (2x)
It’s a beautiful night 

I won’t lost my hope
I’m craving you
You give me a shove
Your trying 
But I wanna stay 
I’m dancing to 
A famous sad song 
You’re crying 

So many people around me 
Have somebody (2x)
And you don’t care what I feel 
I need somebody (2x)

It’s a beautiful night 
It’s a beautiful night 
It’s a beautiful night 

It is the coldest night 
I set the land on fire 
You have something to hide 
I know it’s your desire 

It’s a beautiful night 
It’s a beautiful night 
It’s a beautiful night 

It’s a beautiful night 
It’s a beautiful night 
It’s a beautiful night

My song "Stalker" is basically about a starting romance between two guys at a party. But one of the guys realizes after a while that it does not really work and he decides to move on. The thing is, the other guy does not want to accept this and he starts to stalk his love at night. He doesn't see that the other guy already moved on and forgot about him. So he really starts to live in a fantasy world. 

At the moment I write the script for the music video which I'll direct and shoot in September probably. I also did some photos related to the song since I used a real analogue photo as ArtWork, which was taken by a good friend of mine at a houseparty. 

The other pictures show a bit from the world of stalker I guess. Me laying on a dark floor between plants and darkness. :lana:

39249453_1827589540670107_41898136374618

39266608_1827589694003425_84176310267543

39347259_1827589937336734_30209880321666

My song is also available on all platforms now. :excited2:

• Love 9

Andreu
On 8/12/2018 at 9:03 PM, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

1. @Andreu - What I Feel Inside

Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

I wrote your name on a piece of paper

Although I don't know where you are,

And I really hope that when I did it

You feel my presence in the dark

It's not that it makes me lose any sleep

But I really wonder where you might be

I'm not afraid someone thinks I'm crazy

But there's one thing I'm worried about

Did you ever care about me 

Or was it all just in my mind

It's not that it makes me lose any sleep

But do you still remember me?

(Chorus):

I wish that I could see you today

Cause it would be in a different way

Now I'm not afraid to say

How I'm Feeling since that day

I wish that I could go back in time

Cause then I would be by your side

I wish I could relive that night

But now not hiding

What I Feel inside

Every time you're back in my mind

I always end up wondering the same

Do you sometimes think about me

Or at least do you still remember my name

I really hope that you remember my name

And I hope that you remember me

Chorus

I wrote your name on a piece of paper

But tonight I will be burning it down

And I hope that when it's only ashes

The stars will whisper to me

Where you are

Time for a little promo

What I Feel inside is one of the songs that will be part of my debut mixtape Season one, coming September seventh. It's an electropop song inspired by Avicii's music. The lyrics talk about a real story: a guy I would have loved to try to be something more, but we both were too shy to put our feelings out. And now I still wonder what would have happened if I did.....

Hope you like it 

• Love 5

manuanota

We need to keep this thread alive!

So I have some questions for you all to answer if you’d like ^^

1. How old are you?

2. Since when did you start making music?

3. What is your favorite lady gaga song + album?

4. Where can we keep on following you after this contest is over? 

Let’s do this 😁

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1