💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular opinions : ARTPOP the album

Alexander Blue

Featured Posts

PerfectCure

Jewels N' Drugs isn't that bad. It's actually cute if you wanna bop a little.

As much as I love Dope's message, I think she should've released I Wanna Be With You instead of it. (actually, can we have both?)

In my opinion, Aura isn't that great. Same goes to Fashion! .

The album aged really well and I think she released it right when it was needed. :yay:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27monster27
15 minutes ago, Jake Deyton said:

ARTPOP is by far her worst record musically and artistically and deserved what it got.

:udidnt:

he/him/his

tomsches
1 hour ago, ImNoAngel said:

In your opinion, what is Gaga’s most experimental album?

None of her albums is experimental. She yet has to release an experimental album. If I had to choose the Most experimental album of her discography I think i would choose btw 

ImNoAngel
17 minutes ago, Jake Deyton said:

ARTPOP is by far her worst record musically and artistically and deserved what it got.

It’s definitely her worst but damn. That was a little cold:messga:

Swine is amazing and probably the best thing on the album bar DWUW. Venus is abysmally produced trash and could never havever been a hit and that's that on that.

TEANUS

Sexxx Dreams album version is better than SwineFest sans the sultriness of the SwineFest version. The bridge and chorus ad-libs >>>>>>>> SwineFest

Venus wouldn’t have done great as a single

G.U.Y. could’ve smashed

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

31 minutes ago, ImNoAngel said:

It’s definitely her worst but damn. That was a little cold:messga:

I said what I said :gaycat:

I don't think ARTPOP is horrible. I can sing all the lyrics + do all the choreography like the unwavering stan I am, but I think it was a big step backward for her as an artist. Sure, there are some bops but the entire thing feels misguided and half finished. I think the critics were pretty accurate in appraising what is obviously Gaga's weakest effort. The stan goggles have to be on pretty tight to compare ARTPOP to The Fame Monster or Born This Way in terms of quality. 

I know management and personal issues were HUGE factors throughout that entire time so I always try to take its dip in quality with a grain of salt. However, I think she just shouldn't have released an album that obviously wasn't ready during an incredibly volatile time in her life. I'm glad she took a step back to work on her mental health and repair her public image before releasing Joanne which is much more sonically cohesive. 

Anderson123

ARTPOP is not a bad album but after Born This Way, it was disappointing. I always felt this way , ever since I listened to Applause for the first time.

Manicure sounds dated. 

I can’t believe she decided to keep Donatella and not an experimental EDM song like Tinnitus (if that was even real) or Brooklyn Nights.

Love Jewels N Drugs but Partynauseous and Ratchet would’ve been better instead. 

Fashion! Is amazing. 

Venus is not the DITD/Scheiße of the album. 

Jewels N Drugs is fun but by the time we get to Too Short I’m already bored and have to skip it. It could’ve worked well with just T.I. 

I really wish things would’ve worked out well with Azealia, too bad they scrapped Ratchet and Red Flame but they were probably early concept songs anyway that wouldn’t have made the final cut. 

Do What U Want is the best song on the album and one of Gaga’s best overall. 

Swine is great, I love the instrumental. 

Head Empty
5 hours ago, TheSlash said:

The production of Dope is one of the worst of the album :triggered:  :vegas: 

Also an unpopular opinion: The production of Dope is one of the best of her career :ohwell: :vegas:

The way they left her voice so raw, how the piano sways through the song and how that bass synth hits at all right moments. It builds up beautifully without ever being overbearing. Not one flaw to be found production-wise 

Guest bostonGUY

DWUW music video shouldn't have been cancelled

She should have remade it with the xtina version. booted Richardson and R.Kelly, and got a different director. 

GunninMan

Sexxx Dreams is probably the best song on the album besides Applause and DWUW. The demo version is much better tho as most of the songs are better in the demo versions (except applause of course lol)

Top 5 for me are:

Sexxx Dreams

Applause 

DWUW

Venus 

Swine

yungpancake

GUY is one of the most pointless, unstubstantial Gaga song she has ever written. 

‘I Wanna Be With You’ sounds so much better than ‘I need you more than Dope’

Aura is the best song on ARTPOP

Archived