:

:

:

question

Why don't we have male artists like this?

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

THAT JUST RELEASE PURE BOPS :giveup:

I sometimes listen to male versions of female songs and they all slay so hard :giveup:

Simon Curtis and Frankmusik are the closest to this, but they aren't mainstream.

Here pops the question tho. Will a male singer with songs like this be albe to go mainstream? :oops:

Don't sell me that Timberlake, Bruno crap sis no :toofunny:

ryanripley

the drag community can provide exactly this

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

I think there are many male artists who are capable of making bops and performing good live. Bruno, JT, Zayn etc. 

It’s just that the gay community (or GGD) prefers more feminine characters to the music and look. Therefore we tend to ignore the existence of great male performers just because they don’t put on wigs and lipsticks and eyeliners when they perform. 

And to answer the question can a male singer with feminine looks and music go mainstream. The answer is yes, but not now.

many countries really hate the LGBT community. They can never perform there, so no international stardom. Even the countries that allow gay marriage have homophobic people. Radio or TV won’t risk losing viewers for a few artists. 

If one day LGBT becomes a normal thing for the straights then we might get an artist like that.

MaryJaneHolland
7 minutes ago, Easy said:

I think there are many male artists who are capable of making bops and performing good live. Bruno, JT, Zayn etc. 

It’s just that the gay community (or GGD) prefers more feminine characters to the music and look. Therefore we tend to ignore the existence of great male performers just because they don’t put on wigs and lipsticks and eyeliners when they perform. 

2 minutes ago, Easy said:

And to answer the question can a male singer with feminine looks and music go mainstream. The answer is yes, but not now.

many countries really hate the LGBT community. They can never perform there, so no international stardom. Even the countries that allow gay marriage have homophobic people. Radio or TV won’t risk losing viewers for a few artists. 

If one day LGBT becomes a normal thing for the straights then we might get an artist like that.

Gurl no one mentioned feminine looks tho :vegas:

13 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Gurl no one mentioned feminine looks tho :vegas:

It’s really hard to imagine a male singer singing Bad Romance with the choreo in a “manly” cowboy hat-ish outfit. So I wrongly assumed you meant the whole drag type of artist. 

Maybe someone on GGD can break boundaries and release what you said 

ImNoAngel

People like Chris Brown, Usher, and JT have put out good bops like this in the early 2000’s.

RAMROD

We have JT and y'all hate him. We have Pharrell and y'all hate him. We also have Bruno, and y'all also hate him :giggle:

Maybe if there are new male pop star who are as good as them come up, y'all cna learn not to hate him? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

:ohwell:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

ryanripley
18 minutes ago, Easy said:

bowie, prince, freddie and elton managed to which is weird because today is meant to be more liberal but male pop is much more conservative

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

hoeslay

I don't care for male pop at this point. I'd rather see the rise of bold genderqueer pop stars unafraid to push the envelope. 

22 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

bowie, prince, freddie and elton managed to which is weird because today is meant to be more liberal but male pop is much more conservative

We have Adam Lambert and Troye Sivan. Look what the market told them? They definitely want a JT more than AL, a Chalie Puth more than Troye

Archived