Featured Posts

TheSlash

ASIB gets so much promotion :diane: . When will Gaga's albums? :vegas:

Ew, David!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ray of Light

I'm thrilled to see the Carter's tragic expulsion from the illuminati gave room for Ms. Stefani to return 

wgZJLwZ.gif

Bradley
1 hour ago, SolidSnake said:

They may give best director to Bradley Cooper. I could see it. Dont put your hopes on best picture.

I would be more than happy if they got nominated alone, let alone winning.

Bradley
58 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

To be fair the writer is a monster. He even posts on this board.

Still he represents EntertainmentWeekly. :bon:

Bradley
52 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Imagine debuting as a major role in a movie and already being considered for an Oscar

Our fave :diane: 

Legends only.

When will your fav?

androiduser
1 hour ago, SolidSnake said:

Nah, the academy loves Bradley Cooper and he has poured a lot into this movie. I would guess best director is more likely TO WIN. ASIB will likely NOT win best picture. 

I was talking about the nominations... Haven't seen the movie, of course, so it's all pure speculation... don't see him winning for best director.... first time actors-turned-directors usually win for historical movies

Rudz Xinc

I think people should take it easy with the hype. Cos I can smell another Sam Smith mess. Better make the prediction after we all watch the movie.

Look at those clowns

Bradley
Just now, RudzXinc said:

I think people should take it easy with the hype. Cos I can smell another Sam Smith mess. Better make the prediction after we all watch the movie.

I didn't make the prediction dude, EntertainmentWeekly did.

androiduser
Just now, Bradley said:

I didn't make the prediction dude, EntertainmentWeekly did.

we should take it all with a grain of salt... it's more likely media buzz sponsored by Warner Bros. That much award talk after one trailer is suspicious.

Bradley
Just now, androiduser said:

we should take it all with a grain of salt... it's more likely media buzz sponsored by Warner Bros. That much award talk after one trailer is suspicious.

Do movie studios actually pay journalists for Oscar talk tho? I haven't heard of such manoeuvres before. I'm more inclined to believing that this is genuine.

androiduser
Just now, Bradley said:

Do movie studios actually pay journalists for Oscar talk tho? I haven't heard of such manoeuvres before. I'm more inclined to believing that this is genuine.

They don't necessarily pay, but friendly journalists get exclusive interview with the cast, get trips to the movie premiere and all sorts of benefits. Warner Bros most likely secured exclusive interviews with the cast of their 2018 movies and all the possible benefits in exchange for hype.

I’m all for the buzz but I don’t really get how they can come up with Oscar predictions before the film is even out? Have they seen it early or something? :oprah:

The Z
2 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I’m all for the buzz but I don’t really get how they can come up with Oscar predauctions before the film is even out? Have they seen it early or something? :oprah:

I'm pretty sure that the media can see a lot of movies months before they're out

Bradley
11 hours ago, Blue Madonna said:

I’m all for the buzz but I don’t really get how they can come up with Oscar predictions before the film is even out? Have they seen it early or something? :oprah:

There's a lot that you can tell from a movie just based on the names attached to the project. From the director to the cast to the producers to the cinematographer and sound mixer, when these huge names are put together we often ask the question 'What could go wrong?' I mean if you see a movie with the names Halsey x Nick Jonas as the leads and directed by Michael Bay, I'm sure it's no-brainer that this film won't attract any Oscar attention at all. But if you see the names Bradley Cooper x Lady Gaga attached to a project, along with renowned cinematographer Matthew Libatique with that sound editor whose name I forgot but who's an Oscar nominee, it's not rocket science to know that this film won't go too terribly wrong.

Also now that the trailer is out, critics and journalists are even more convinced that the film looks good. Sure adjustments to Oscar predictions will be made in the future but there's a lot you can tell based on the information available to you at the moment.

Batwings
6 minutes ago, Bradley said:

There's a lot that you can tell from a movie just based on the names attached to the project. From the director to the cast to the producers to the cinematographer and sound mixer, when these huge names are put together we often ask the question 'What could go wrong?' I mean if you see a movie with the names Halsey x Nick Jonas as the leads and directed by Michael Bay, I'm sure it's no-brainer that this film won't attract any Oscar attention at all. But if you see the names Bradley Cooper x Lady Gaga attached to a project, along with renowned cinematographer Matthew Libatique with that sound editor whose name I forgot but who's an Oscar nominee, it's not rocket science to know that this film won't go too terribly wrong.

Also now that the trailer is out, critics and journalists are even more convinced that the film looks good. Sure adjustments to Oscar predictions will be made in the future but there's a lot you can tell based on the information available to you at the moment.

Also, you have to keep in mind that Bradley Cooper is an established, Oscar-nominated artist. He's not just going to cast Gaga in a movie to give the gays everything they want. I think there are a lot of pop fans who think that, but this is Cooper's directorial debut, so you know he's taking this project very seriously, and being such an established artist, he's making choices that will appeal to those with high taste, including the casting of Gaga. There is a lot of hype, but the naysayers need to think of these things.

Archived