💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Monsters put Bad Romance on such an unreachable pedestal?

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

RochestrMonstr

BR was so different and so unexpected. I remember literally having to pull over to the side of the road in my car to listen to it because I was just so shook.  She grabbed the world by the horns with that song.  Plus Paparazzi's single era was still going strong and it just seemed out of nowhere that she busted that out.  Everything about the delivery was simply iconic.  In the grand scheme of things, I can see how it doesn't stand out as being bigger than some of the other songs mentioned, but I can see why that will always be such an almost universally epic time for little monsters.  

Did that mediocre Jennifer Lopez song really have as big of an impact as the others mentioned? I do remember it getting played on the radio but I don't remember it being anywhere near as inescapable as all of the others mentioned.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

of course there will be songs that have better numbers than bad romance but none of these have the same impact

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Vitleysingur

Bad Romance is A POP MOMENT. Other hit songs can't relate. And that's a #fact.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

The Bling
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Did you even read what I wrote?

Did YOU even read what I wrote? :poot:

Bad Romance didn't follow any trends, it set them. All those other songs you posted are no trend-setters at all

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, RochestrMonstr said:

BR was so different and so unexpected. I remember literally having to pull over to the side of the road in my car to listen to it because I was just so shook.  She grabbed the world by the horns with that song.  Plus Paparazzi's single era was still going strong and it just seemed out of nowhere that she busted that out.  Everything about the delivery was simply iconic.  In the grand scheme of things, I can see how it doesn't stand out as being bigger than some of the other songs mentioned, but I can see why that will always be such an almost universally epic time for little monsters.  

Did that mediocre Jennifer Lopez song really have as big of an impact as the others mentioned? I do remember it getting played on the radio but I don't remember it being anywhere near as inescapable as all of the others mentioned.

Just now, ryanripley said:

of course there will be songs that have better numbers than bad romance but none of these have the same impact

The OP literally says "success wise" :selena: How about y'all reading what I wrote instead of jumping to gang up on me? :selena:

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, 666 others said:

I was 21. Still fell for BR hook, line and sinkers. :firega:

:sis: 

it was cool, but i personally enjoyed Alejandro wayy more :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, The Bling said:

Did YOU even read what I wrote? :poot:

Bad Romance didn't follow any trends, it set them. All those other songs you posted are no trend-setters at all

No one's talking about trends. They were still as successful as BR or even more which is the point of this thread. I literally wrote "success-wise" :rip:

ryanripley
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

The OP literally says "success wise" :selena: How about y'all reading what I wrote instead of jumping to gang up on me? :selena:

i did read it and i said those songs were probably more successful but i'm talking about impact

bad romance had the industry shook and was trashed by critics at first but went on to slay the world

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

i did read it and i said those songs were probably more successful but i'm talking about impact

bad romance had the industry shook and was trashed by critics at first but went on to slay the world

Yes, that's true I think I pointed that out as well

The Z

None of these songs are remember, whereas Bad Romance will always be. I still think that Poker Face is her signature hit though. 

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

None of these songs are remember,

That's what you want to believe in :selena:

River

Because when she signed for the  fans during TMB her signature was "Lady BR Gaga"

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, River said:

Because when she signed for the  fans during TMB her signature was "Lady BR Gaga"

raw

DelusionalGaga

But all the videos you posted are from the peak of the streaming era. BR as a song and video was released in 2009, so its numbers are impressive if you consider how old it is. 

Glamourpuss

why do people still rate MJ's Thriller as one of the best videos of all time?

Lady Gaga released this generation's Thriller. 

In thirty years time it will still be remembered because it's iconic. 

Archived