💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce and Jay Z/cultural appropriation

Blond

Featured Posts

Didymus

Well, accuse every art museum of cultural appropriation too then. Don't just focus on pop stars because you have no life.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sergio Rivadulla
3 minutes ago, GagaRhino said:

Look at the fact that the Greeks were being oppressed and controlled by the Turks as late as 1830, Turks are people of colour. The Greeks are white and they were being oppressed by the Turks who are poc. Simple.

but black culture has nothing to do w southwestern europe culture what the hell are you trying to say LMAAAAO. You're literally saying that Beyoncé and Jay Z are appropiating culturally of Greece and Italy because the Ottoman Empire did some **** on white people on XIII century?¿ Really?

giphy.gif

Ugh.

edengowon
1 minute ago, SergioMegaSing said:

but black culture has nothing to do w southwestern europe culture what the hell are you trying to say LMAAAAO. You're literally saying that Beyoncé and Jay Z are appropiating culturally of Greece and Italy because the Ottoman Empire did some **** on white people on XIII century?¿ Really?

giphy.gif

Again, if you listen, the Ottoman Empire controlled Greece as late as 1830 and Turkey continues to affect Greece. You said Greece hasn't been oppressed, it has. All I'm saying is that Greece was oppressed when you said it hasn't been. Every culture has been oppressed, we should stop cultural appropriation completely :bye:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Sergio Rivadulla
4 minutes ago, GagaRhino said:

Again, if you listen, the Ottoman Empire controlled Greece as late as 1830 and Turkey continues to affect Greece. You said Greece hasn't been oppressed, it has. All I'm saying is that Greece was oppressed when you said it hasn't been. Every culture has been oppressed, we should stop cultural appropriation completely :bye:

that "we're all the same" shet it's so white i just can't even hshshshshshshs

Ugh.

Why can't everyone just accept their opinion and give legitimate responses than being so hateful? First the ARTPOP GAGA mess and now this? What has GGD become??? :ohno:

Anveeroy

Another white liberalist detected. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

GunninMan

If we want to create awareness on why cultural appropriation is wrong, then every single race needs to be held to the same standard. If white ppl can’t appropriate black culture, then black ppl can’t appropriate Asian culture, and Asian ppl can’t appropriate black culture, so in and so forth. If we want real change and more awareness for anything then we can’t bag on one race for everything and let it slide when it comes to other races. That **** clearly isn’t working because we have made little to no progress in terms of appropriation.

Hexxx

There are meanings behind what people of different culture wear. The reason white people are often blamed for it is because it's just "dress up" for them. they don't represent that culture or share heritage with it. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

derpmonster
2 hours ago, GunninMan said:

If white ppl can’t appropriate black culture, then black ppl can’t appropriate Asian culture, and Asian ppl can’t appropriate black culture, so in and so forth.

Yes and that is also questioned. Racism among people of color is obviously real and it is wrong.

I would understand outrage if Beyoncé squinted her eyes, sat down with a cup of Thai tea and Asian cuisine just for a video. But she didn't. Ancient Greece isn't a culture and hasn't been for a while.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

BBhomemaker
4 hours ago, That J said:

Madonna wanted SO much to be in Memoirs of a Geisha and that was her way of being in it without getting the part. Yeaaaaa.  I always think it depends on how it's used. Is it respectful?  Even then, it can still be argued. 

See I was not sure about madonna at all haha thanks 

Yeah those things are too sensitive there are point on every parts, for me If it's done with respect and not as a joke but with somehow a meaning 

There is such a fine line between appropriation and appreciation. Most of us stereotype white people as appropriator and stereotype people of colour as appreciator.

In the end, I think the true test is whether there has been any element of disrespect in what's being done. Intention is not relevant.

5 hours ago, GunninMan said:

If we want to create awareness on why cultural appropriation is wrong, then every single race needs to be held to the same standard. If white ppl can’t appropriate black culture, then black ppl can’t appropriate Asian culture, and Asian ppl can’t appropriate black culture, so in and so forth. If we want real change and more awareness for anything then we can’t bag on one race for everything and let it slide when it comes to other races. That **** clearly isn’t working because we have made little to no progress in terms of appropriation.

I think every race should be allowed to evolve like a chameleon. To call a certain practice as only appropriate for a certain race is racist in all circumstances.

Miss Cherry

Cultural appropriation is a contrived term made in USA Academia that literally exists in no other country. designed to keep people separated and divided. I will wear what I like, have my hair what I like and I encourage all my brothers and sisters to do the same. imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Archived