💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce and Jay Z/cultural appropriation

Blond

Featured Posts

BBhomemaker
5 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

everytime calls out for cultural appropiation i just assume the persone is bored af and tries to create drama :nails:

Like for Bruno SMH :sharon:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours

Regardless of appropriation, my viewpoint is that you - the consumer - have the power in this sort of transaction. If you don’t like the message, imagery, etc, of the material, simply don’t buy the product the artist is selling. The power of the dollar speaks volumes. Perhaps, that’s just my cynical, capitalistic viewpoint... 

Sepsami
42 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Bad appropriations are offensives like : 

They are mocking a culture, personally I was ultra mad toward beiber I felt like it was a joke for him I wanted to put my Spanish fist in his face hahaha

"Good" appropriations made with respect : 

Taylor donated to the natural reserve and didn't make fun by wearing anything offensive 

And well I don't know for madonna but I feel like it was made with respect, and I know she learnt a lot of cultures and she done a lot, it's meaningful, but I can be wrong, either way I don't feel like it's mocking Japanese culture as Avril

that bieber :air: 

SolidSnake

"F**k sjws" she says in a forum about the queen SJW lady gaga who has said "free speech is overated" and has a foundation based on building safe spaces.

BlingNotTheMusic

From prior discussions on here, “apparently” its not cultural appropriation if it’s being done by another minority race. So they and Nicki in her Chun Li video are fine...:oprah:

GypsyVida
Just now, Alexander Blue said:

I dont believe in cultural appropriation.

A sensible human

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Sergio Rivadulla

Italian and greek people aren't oppressed LMAO. You can't be mad about poc people using elements from cultures that weren't oppressed. It's really simple.

Ugh.

That J
2 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I would usually agree with this but the original poster didn't exactly express themselves eloquently. You can't expect to receive polite answers when you start a thread with generalizations about certain groups of people and statements like "f*ck SJWs". 

That may be so and if it was then my bad. 

My only true point was ....let's just all breathe and then ask and then answer. We ALL come across better that way. Xoxo

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
3 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I would usually agree with this but the original poster didn't exactly express themselves eloquently. You can't expect to receive polite answers when you start a thread with generalizations about certain groups of people and statements like "f*ck SJWs". 

Reading it again, I somehow missed that qoute. No good!!!  So yes, I see your point very well. 

Ask with care, answer with care.  :hug:

That J
2 hours ago, BBhomemaker said:

Bad appropriations are offensives like : 

They are mocking a culture, personally I was ultra mad toward beiber I felt like it was a joke for him I wanted to put my Spanish fist in his face hahaha

"Good" appropriations made with respect : 

Taylor donated to the natural reserve and didn't make fun by wearing anything offensive 

And well I don't know for madonna but I feel like it was made with respect, and I know she learnt a lot of cultures and she done a lot, it's meaningful, but I can be wrong, either way I don't feel like it's mocking Japanese culture as Avril

Madonna wanted SO much to be in Memoirs of a Geisha and that was her way of being in it without getting the part. Yeaaaaa.  I always think it depends on how it's used. Is it respectful?  Even then, it can still be argued. 

edengowon
4 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Cultural appropriation is a concept dealing with the adoption of the elements of a minority culture by members of the dominant culture

And in some places white people are a minority :trollga:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

edengowon
22 minutes ago, SergioMegaSing said:

Italian and greek people aren't oppressed LMAO. You can't be mad about poc people using elements from cultures that weren't oppressed. It's really simple.

*cough* The Ottoman Empire *cough*

Sergio Rivadulla
2 minutes ago, GagaRhino said:

*cough* The Ottoman Empire *cough*

Girl, first of all that was on 13 century xd aaaand Ottoman Empire literally had nothing to do w poc people oppressing white people. Go back to party city 

giphy.gif

Ugh.

edengowon
4 minutes ago, SergioMegaSing said:

Girl, first of all that was on 13 century xd aaaand Ottoman Empire literally had nothing to do w poc people oppressing white people. Go back to party city 

giphy.gif

Look at the fact that the Greeks were being oppressed and controlled by the Turks as late as 1830, Turks are people of colour. The Greeks are white and they were being oppressed by the Turks who are poc. Simple.

Eggsy
5 hours ago, ryanripley said:

ancient greece is long dead, it can't be appropriated lol

and anyway beyonce didn't appropriate anything lol i think you're taking it way too seriously

if you don't know why white people need to think more about cultural appropriation then i recommend a few history lessons

Its not long dead for some.. 

Archived