Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

What if E•MO•TION was Gaga's

Gohan

Featured Posts

Gohan

album? Would you stan even more? Imagine an album FULL of bops, praise, iconic melancholic songs like Run Away With Me, All That, Never Get To Hold You and Warm Blood. 

I would LOSE IT :giveup:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Quasi

I love Carly but not that album so

No.gif

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

joanoflark

yeaaaaaah, no. To me Gaga is filthy, dark, twisted, ghoulish, sexual. EMOTION is sticky sweet music, you can only take in so much before you're done with it, I'm not fond of it that much. So yeah, we want EdgyGa, not BubbleGa. 

Quartz

Emotion is Bubblegum Pop masterpiece. It's inoffensive and light, something Gaga isn't. Even her least controversial and lightest persona (FameGa) is too controversial for the material. This is fine. I don't listen to Gaga for lighthearted, sexless stuff anyway. Carly can always be the queen in that department <3

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

River

I always read this album as E•MO•TICON:laughga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

ItsTommyBitch

Honestly, Gaga probably couldn't have made EMOTION, and that's not meant to be an insult. It's a very Carly Rae Jepsen project, their approach to singing, vocal style, collaborators, writing style, life experiences, etc. are just so different. While I do prefer PopGa to JoanneGa/CountryGa/whateverGa, I actually don't want/need bubblegum pop amazingness from her :shrug: 

I would stan for anyone that released EMOTION, but a huge part of the record would be lost if anyone else created it so I can't say more or less.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Anderson123

Way too bubblegum. I really can't stand Carly's voice. :awkney: I think Teenage Dream Katy would suit that more.

Sakrai

I suppose she'd have to develop a persona and style that matches that kind of bubblegum-pop sound. The very idea makes me shudder and cringe to the core :selena:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Gohan
2 minutes ago, Rescued said:

I suppose she'd have to develop a persona and style that matches that kind of bubblegum-pop sound. The very idea makes me shudder and cringe to the core :selena:

A sweeter FameGa could pull off this tbh

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Sakrai
7 minutes ago, Gohan said:

A sweeter FameGa could pull off this tbh

I'm not sure about that. FameGa was purposefully artificial, like a robot. There was an element of concealment of any form of honesty. FameGa was a skeptic. I don't see FameGa twirling around in a park, smiling broadly, arms wide open, loving life. It feels jarring.

Edit: as a sidenote, I DO see JoanneGa doing all that. So it's not like Gaga couldn't pull it off, but JoanneGa has a much more mature approach, way too mature for EMOTION.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

SWhaaaat

Not sure if Gaga can pull this off, probably not. The album is so Carly that only she herself can pull it off. Love EMOTION but if it were sang by Gaga I think I would cringe cause it would look like she is trying too hard. What is considered as a bubblegum pop from Gaga is still heavier and darker than Carly's.

Miel
51 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Emotion is Bubblegum Pop masterpiece. It's inoffensive and light, something Gaga isn't. Even her least controversial and lightest persona (FameGa) is too controversial for the material. This is fine. I don't listen to Gaga for lighthearted, sexless stuff anyway. Carly can always be the queen in that department <3

48 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Honestly, Gaga probably couldn't have made EMOTION, and that's not meant to be an insult. It's a very Carly Rae Jepsen project, their approach to singing, vocal style, collaborators, writing style, life experiences, etc. are just so different. While I do prefer PopGa to JoanneGa/CountryGa/whateverGa, I actually don't want/need bubblegum pop amazingness from her :shrug: 

I would stan for anyone that released EMOTION, but a huge part of the record would be lost if anyone else created it so I can't say more or less.

27 minutes ago, SWhaaaat said:

Not sure if Gaga can pull this off, probably not. The album is so Carly that only she herself can pull it off. Love EMOTION but if it were sang by Gaga I think I would cringe cause it would look like she is trying too hard. What is considered as a bubblegum pop from Gaga is still heavier and darker than Carly's.

I agree with all of these. Emotion is an incredible pop album, but nothing I would want or expect from Gaga.

3 points in and ready for more

sethrb101

Not you listing some of Emotion’s best songs in the OP!!

I kinda agree with what everyone else has said, but Gaga could make anything her own tbh :hor:

#Gaga2020

Archived