đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

charts

Charts Discussion - Pre-order 'A Star Is Born' soundtrack!

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Jennie Kim

yikes she's not getting a number one album against twenty one pilots
blocked by VENOM on Boxoffice too

:smh:

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FarixGaga
8 minutes ago, asana15 said:

Yes, that seems to be the strategy at this point.

Putting the movie in the forefront and hopefully it will be able to make the music shine too, and not the opposite. I think it's kinda smart since the main issue for Gaga's relationship with the Academy for a BA nomination is the fact that they might perceive her as a singer who tries to jump into acting. It's essential that they accept her as an actress (besides the singer they already appreciate), like they did with Cher.

JC

• Admin changed the title to Charts Discussion
Arizona Sky

iTunes US (without Aretha)
2. breathin
4. God is a woman
30. no tears left to cry
36. goodnight n go
47. everytime
50. R.E.M.
72. sweetener
87. better off
103. raindrops (an angel cried)
113. blazed
115. get well soon
125. pete davidson
162. the light is coming
174. borderline
233. successful

not successful aka the song that describes my life being last on ikoons

Is it bad that after the Superbowl, your death is the most "effective promo" an artist can get :air: 

ViviLittleM

It’s so sad but I think it’s true... the tragedy that happened in Manchester « helped » Ariana charts wise

mister max
1 hour ago, mariomania1234 said:

All major soundtracks that are released usually compete in the Grammys a year later. Look at La La Land and The Greatest Showman. It's pretty standard stuff.

Well those soundtracks were also release one week prior to the movie :vegas:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

so no lead single for ASIB ? :chica: The excitement I had for the project just vanished back to the excitement I had before I saw the trailer : none :emma: hopefully that source isn't reliable 

mariomania1234
5 minutes ago, mister max said:

Well those soundtracks were also release one week prior to the movie :vegas:

La la lands soundtrack was released on the same day as the films release.

ZiggyZiggs
1 hour ago, mariomania1234 said:

All major soundtracks that are released usually compete in the Grammys a year later. Look at La La Land and The Greatest Showman. It's pretty standard stuff.

hun both those movies were released in december including the soundtracks so not really an accurate comparison now is it? 

they're releasing the ASIB OST 5 days after the deadline lmao that's messy when they could've hyped up the movie and the OST all through awards season next year. The soundtrack should've competed at the 2019 grammys. no excuses. next year it's going to be lion king vs asib, and lion king will most likely take the crown. gaga could've snatched a couple trophies at the 2019 grammys. a missed opportunity imo

mariomania1234
6 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

hun both those movies were released in december including the soundtracks so not really an accurate comparison now is it? 

they're releasing the ASIB OST 5 days after the deadline lmao that's messy when they could've hyped up the movie and the OST all through awards season next year. The soundtrack should've competed at the 2019 grammys. no excuses. next year it's going to be lion king vs asib, and lion king will most likely take the crown. gaga could've snatched a couple trophies at the 2019 grammys. a missed opportunity imo

I'm pretty sure the studios and labels know what they're doing better than us forum dwellers. They're not going to make an exception for ASIB just because it's released in October and not December. :smh: This is how these soundtrack roll outs work.

Also the source could be complete BS for all we know. So maybe we should just chill before we jump to rash and baseless conclusions.

FarixGaga
7 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

But ASIB music will (hopefully) have an Oscar nomination/win on its side by 2020 and that's a factor the Grammys voters will be considering when choosing between ASIB and The Lion King so that's not a suicidal strategy, even thought at first I didn't quite agree too.

JC

• Admin unpinned and locked this topic

Archived