💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Happened with I Wanna Be With U?

Sylvanas

Featured Posts

misunderstood
7 hours ago, Vanilla said:

I remember from interviews back in the day Interscope were saying how much they loved the ballad (remembering this was 2012 just after 2011 and Adele), and she knew it was because it was trendy not because of the sentiment of it, so she said that if they want a ballad I'll give them something personal af. I'm pretty sure she said this in Howard Stern? 

Wasn’t IWBWU written after she broke her hip

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

DonnieDarko

IWBWU turned into a much better and I mean MUCH better song called Dope. Thankfully.

Seeka

I Wanna be with U sounded like a track that was cast off from born this way maybe?

Seriously. I wanna be with u is cute but it sounds like a leftover of the btw era.

Inferno
14 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

IWBWU was too cringey and literal for me. I’m glad she changed it with  more complex lyrics

Im sorry but Dope is so much more literal and cringy lol

"toast one last puff and two last regrets" one example of many in a song self described by her as ultimately being about her addiction to marijuana.

giphy.gif

and i mean honestly the sentiment behind Dope was SO goddamn forced. like seriously. her talking about her substance abuse in that time period where like only a few short months before she was puffing away and wearing weed leaves on her nips. please. she could've saved the whole "drugs are bad guys mmkay" rhetoric and in such an ugly bombastic ballad at that. i wanna be with u was corny but it was at least genuine. dope was so obviously whipped up real fast before the albums release.

freebit

I don't love Dope, but I'll take it over IWBWY. Dope was at least personal. The other one was just so dull and the type of song where I even can't recall how it sounded an hour after hearing it.

Archived