💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Avicii takes over charts following his death

PopTwo

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, River said:

You know what makes me sick? that a person needs to die to be recognized by the stupid GP that listens to trash all the time and supports it instead to the real musicians..

It's always like that, an artists die and they all fake tears and listen to their music for weeks like they were their biggest fans.. like most of them didn't even know his name before..

Honey, he literally has a video with over 1.5b views... that’s more than BR + PF. 

I think he was recognised :laughga:

River
12 minutes ago, Dominic said:

He's had 9 UK Top 10s and 2 #1s. Avicii himself was pretty well known, especially across Europe.  It was just the US where he wasn't as big :shrug:

It's not what I meant, what I want to say is that the majority of people didn't care to buy his music, to invest time on him, but after death they act like his biggest fans and they can't live without his music..

Like let's say if Gaga will die (please no), suddenly all those who were like "BR is trash" or didn't care to check ARTPOP  will post on fb "OMG HOW I LOVE THE SONG SUCH A LOSE" "ARTPOP was so ahead of it's time" like they were LM since 2008..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Haroon
1 hour ago, River said:

It's not what I meant, what I want to say is that the majority of people didn't care to buy his music, to invest time on him, but after death they act like his biggest fans and they can't live without his music..

Like let's say if Gaga will die (please no), suddenly all those who were like "BR is trash" or didn't care to check ARTPOP  will post on fb "OMG HOW I LOVE THE SONG SUCH A LOSE" "ARTPOP was so ahead of it's time" like they were LM since 2008..

You don't know what you have until it's gone, it's a sad fact of life :ohno: 

That being said though, I don't think it's fair to be making this into a negative thing either :S People significant dying that they didn't give a proper chance to before can spark interest in making people go listen to their work, that's not a bad thing, it's just people hearing about the person and wanting to see what their music was about and if they enjoy it then they'll purchase/stream/etc it :sweat: Death is huge promotion, as weird and as scary as that sounds - I just mean that because it gets so many big headlines an effect of that is that the person's material is given a big spotlight.

It's a different thing if people were bashing him before and now they're worshiping the same songs they bashed, then yeah it would be messy and not right :/

Your example about if someone didn't check out ARTPOP when it came out and said in the future that it was ahead of its time, I don't think that's bad either and you don't need to have listened to ARTPOP when it came out to be making a statement like that. Like the whole thing about owning an artist or owning music because you (general "you") listened to it first doesn't make sense to me. Some people are later to finding and liking certain music, that doesn't mean they like that music any less than you do :shrug:

River
31 minutes ago, Haroon said:

You don't know what you have until it's gone, it's a sad fact of life :ohno: 

That being said though, I don't think it's fair to be making this into a negative thing either :S People significant dying that they didn't give a proper chance to before can spark interest in making people go listen to their work, that's not a bad thing, it's just people hearing about the person and wanting to see what their music was about and if they enjoy it then they'll purchase/stream/etc it :sweat: Death is huge promotion, as weird and as scary as that sounds - I just mean that because it gets so many big headlines an effect of that is that the person's material is given a big spotlight.

It's a different thing if people were bashing him before and now they're worshiping the same songs they bashed, then yeah it would be messy and not right :/

Your example about if someone didn't check out ARTPOP when it came out and said in the future that it was ahead of its time, I don't think that's bad either and you don't need to have listened to ARTPOP when it came out to be making a statement like that. Like the whole thing about owning an artist or owning music because you (general "you") listened to it first doesn't make sense to me. Some people are later to finding and liking certain music, that doesn't mean they like that music any less than you do :shrug:

I know I shouldn't make it a negative thing, it's just the emotions talking in some sense..

Let's take Freddy Mercury, I didn't live yet when he died, but when I discovered him and Queen, it was very pure, I appreciated his art every second..

But those artists now, who work their ass off, doing promotion all the time and yet the GP who lives now is not caring or badly criticizing their art and then after the death they give a damn about the artists, it's just hurting, it's like, where was your respect to them back then? when they mostly needed, when they did it only for you and for your happiness?

Yeah I know that death is a big promotion, just like a person with a sad story in a singing competition.. it's something weird that the GP likes, this tragedies love, this pity feeling to someone and then let them win so like "we did something good"..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived