question

Pop/Country Songs the "New Thing"?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hausofkc

Um Shania Twain is the first person I can think of who dabbled in Country/Pop. She was even did a complete album with double sides of a country version and pop version of the songs. 

Damon
26 minutes ago, SILENT HILL said:

I feel if she had as much impact as she’s saying I’d know how to pronounce her name by now :poot:

:air: thought i was the only one struggling with that

... and now i just sit in silence.

Eddie

Ok...some POP artists that made country songs. Here we go...

Gaga, Miley, Kesha, Beyonce, Kylie, Gwen Stefani, Justin Timberlake, Avicii in the electronic field and even The Chainsmokers!!! And let's not forget T. Swift :duck:

So NO, bebe hasn't begun anything :trollga:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

DiscoHeaven23

for those commenting, 

the focus of this post is on COLLABORATIONS between pop and country artists. Not the country/pop genre

DiscoHeaven23
1 hour ago, swordstalker said:

Considering airplay, streaming, and sales, I'm pretty sure MTB is the biggest country pop hit in years. But she definitely didn't start a trend. 

In fact, Billboard has stated that the song is the biggest country hit since Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" in 2010. 

djBuffoon

Bebe didn't begin anything lol. Other artists were on this trend way before her.

rumours
6 hours ago, hausofkc said:

Um Shania Twain is the first person I can think of who dabbled in Country/Pop. She was even did a complete album with double sides of a country version and pop version of the songs. 

Country Pop has been going on for decades. For example, Patsy Cline was crossing over as early as the 1950s. 

Shania Twain is nowhere near the first. Trust me. 

Whispering

Um...she missed being "the first" by a few decades.  Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton,  Glen Campbell, Crystal Gale, Juice Newton, Kenny Rogers, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Dixie Chicks...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHO DOES THIS BITCH THINK SHE IS

THERE'S SOMETHING CALLED THE JOANNE EFFECT :ladyhaha:

rah rah rah rah

thatsmoneyhoney

I don’t even think I know any song by Bebe. Unless we’re talking about Bebe Zahara Benet :cryga:

I seriously do not know anything by Bebe Rexha

free my mind

Archived