💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Interscope Losing Out?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Julien Hatake
10 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

This. Interscope has had very loose reigns with her. Could you see Capitol letting Katy put out Born This Way, ARTPOP, or Joanne?

They letting her realize Witness :ladyhaha:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheJoanneJoker
2 hours ago, FATCAT said:

I thought it was 5 or 6, but I have no idea which albums "count". I don't think TFM counts, but C2C might.

Joanne was the last one she was signed to do with them so she probably resigned, idk

Insterscope actually owns acts like Maroon5 which are always getting at least one hit by era, Madonna which is a touring fource and even she do have a contract about releasing albuns under interscope label, Eminem on his floppiest era still managing to sell more than some pop girls at their prime...

And yet til also still give full support to Gaga and her ideas. Have you guys seem people like Capitol where their main act was Katy Perry for years (I remember back in 2014 I think, Sky Ferreira was their second priority at the moment but like... who's sky ferreira in the main market, for real.)

People keep blaming her label for things that are mostly Gaga's team fault so I'm just not shook, but I wonder how it would be to get under something like RCA where they would hand pick every producer to work on every record and also make her sing songs that are written from others just for the sake of "getting a hit single".

migamiga
2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Lets stop acting like Gaga picks her own singles lol. They didn't approve Joanne and ARTPOP until they got a song they could send to the radio. 

Henny we all know gaga picks her own singles even though she likes to say her label does. If Interscope had any say do you really think PI wouldve been the lead?And your second statement is based off of idle gossip amongst crazed stans. If Gaga had a problem with Interscope we would know by now. Look at how many people from her team have left due to creative differences. Yet she still praises Interscope and thanks them for their support.

Muche86

30 seconds to mars have switched to interscope. and the promo for the new album "america"  was incredible in america and also in europe.

Illuminati
20 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Henny we all know gaga picks her own singles even though she likes to say her label does. If Interscope had any say do you really think PI wouldve been the lead?And your second statement is based off of idle gossip amongst crazed stans. If Gaga had a problem with Interscope we would know by now. Look at how many people from her team have left due to creative differences. Yet she still praises Interscope and thanks them for their support.

She literally didn't care about PI, she wanted A-YO, we got PI and MR. PI is one of like two songs in her discography she's not the main writer of, you can make your own conclusion, but given the circumstances and the fact that it was one of the last songs recorded (just like Applause, by the way), I made the most logical assumption. She even said herself that the label picked Perfect Illusion and that she was fine with it.

lgaga1fan

Gaga would be nothing without Interscope. Jimmy Iovine took a huge risk with her, and realized that it paid off tremendously, and still allows her to do what she wants for the most part. 

lgaga1fan
50 minutes ago, Beytwice said:

Joanne was the last one she was signed to do with them so she probably resigned, idk

She released The Cure with them, so yeah she definitely resigned

lgaga1fan
47 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Not really. She wanted the lead to be Aura, and they wanted it to be Applause. She wanted to make Venus a single, but they made DWUW a single. She wanted A-YO to be the lead single, and they chose PI. She also wanted A-YO to be the second single, but they chose MR. Its pretty evident that they choose the singles, and she doesn't.

BeIIadonna
3 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Eminem's career is kinda over, Selena is also on a decline. Their only successful artists are Zedd, Imagine Dragons and Maroon5. And Gaga if it helps you sleep at night :selena:

Didn't Eninem say that River (Idk the actual album name) was his last album? Also if SG4 is anything like Bad Liar... 

lgaga1fan
1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

Didn't Gaga renew her contract? I remember hearing something about it. She's stuck, so might as well embrace it.

She had to have because of the release of The Cure

migamiga
9 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Not really. She wanted the lead to be Aura, and they wanted it to be Applause. She wanted to make Venus a single, but they made DWUW a single. She wanted A-YO to be the lead single, and they chose PI. She also wanted A-YO to be the second single, but they chose MR. Its pretty evident that they choose the singles, and she doesn't.

Look, interscope gives gaga full creative control. That means her and her team make the decision. For AP, i would say those choices were influenced by Troy and for joanne, Bobby. But interscope doesn’t choose singles for gaga. They support whatever direction she chooses. She may have artistically wanted to release aura, Venus, and a-yo but she also has her team in her ears. All I’m trying to say is interscope has not hindered her career at all. 

BornAsUnic0rn
2 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Look, interscope gives gaga full creative control. That means her and her team make the decision. For AP, i would say those choices were influenced by Troy and for joanne, Bobby. But interscope doesn’t choose singles for gaga. They support whatever direction she chooses. She may have artistically wanted to release aura, Venus, and a-yo but she also has her team in her ears. All I’m trying to say is interscope has not hindered her career at all

And even if Interscope decided, they didn't decide it over her head and choosing Applause over Venus/Aura as the first single makes sense and seems rather rational. Same with Perfect Illusion instead of A-Yo as the lead. (In my opinion: If anything, the promotion was the failure of Joanne's lead, A-Yo would have done around the same with whatever they tried to do with PI.)

The Venus/DWUW and A-Yo/MR situations were no-brainers, too. In both cases, they weighted in critical acclaim & public response and went with the leading horse.

So I will never get why people blame ''Interscope's poor choice of singles'.

bloody g
30 minutes ago, MonsterGaga5555 said:

Didn't Eninem say that River (Idk the actual album name) was his last album? Also if SG4 is anything like Bad Liar... 

even if it wasn't his last album it performed horrible. Also Bad Liar was maybe not that good but the fact that it bombed that hard it's alarming. At least Wolves kinda worked out but was barely a hit.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Anderson123
4 hours ago, corvus albus said:

They also have:

Dr. Dre

2pac

+44

Nicole Scherzinger

Lana Del Rey

Gwen Stefani

G Unit

Mos Def

JoJo

Will Smith

Jurassic 5

OneRepublic

Scars on Broadway

Eminem

Schoolboy Q

Enrique Iglesias

The Black Eyed Peas

50 Cent

Pharrell Williams

Tokio Hotel

Pia Mia

Soulja Boy

Sheryl Crow

Rise Against

Zedd

Carly Rae Jepsen

Selena Gomez

Maroon 5

Imagine Dragons

Skylar Grey

Yelawolf

Marilyn Manson

Tory Lanez

There are still megastars signed with Interscope. Don't worry Gaga and her team know when to switch the label.

Manson left Interscope a while ago, his last album with them was in 2009 so that list must be old. 

Archived