💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

It's time for Gaga to move on.

Moebius

Featured Posts

Moebius
1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

The op you’ve created is just an opinion. And you’re entitled to have one. But it’s just that, an opinion.

I kinda forgot what you quoted me about but I'm not that serious to go look it up and continue the argument wig

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
Just now, ryanripley said:

it's her 4th highest critically rated album

Not hating on Joanne (listening rn, in fact), but... she has 5 albums.... Like?? :poot:

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Not hating on Joanne (listening rn, in fact), but... she has 5 albums.... Like?? :poot:

6 :poot:

Cheek To Cheek (and the remix albums) are on her metacritic

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

6 :poot:

Cheek To Cheek (and the remix albums) are on her metacritic

I keep forgetting about C2C :poot:

The remix albums??? I mean... I would count them if I want to feel better about Joanne's position :poot:

ryanripley
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I keep forgetting about C2C :poot:

The remix albums??? I mean... I would count them if I want to feel better about Joanne's position :poot:

i don't count them lol but i count C2C cus it was a full album era

the point is, the critics don't hate her like that user said since her projects since ARTPOP are getting higher critical praise

TimisaMonster

Well she can work with RedOne and DJWS but she needs newer and fresher people to be the MAIN producers for the albums...nobody would be upset if 3/15 songs were RedOne/DJWS

Make sense?

Plus it's not just about sound but Gaga is also picky about who she works with and what "rep" they have with female artists, drugs, etc...if you know what I mean :awkney:

So again...I do agree I want versatility but both RedOne and DJWS have proven to have eclectic sounds on each album

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Moebius
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

but you didn't, you're just listening to stan twitter

its time to spill again giphy.gif

Let's get crackin

it's her 4th highest critically rated album but the critics hated it,

A 67 score isn't that great lovely, when all her peers (except Kety, poor Kety) are outacclaiming her. Kesha got an 81, Beyonce has the highest rated female album on Metacritic, Anti has a 73 (still higher than both TF and BTW). Selena's revival has a 74 I believe, TMYLM has a 72, Ariana has 76s or something... granted critics hate Gaga's ass, the score was fit imo.

5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

t was number 1 and the second best selling female album of 2016 but nobody was here for it

Hunny everyone has #1 albums these days its nothing big. Kylie's 14th album is gonna go #1 in the UK but everyone forgot about her.

Selling 2 million worldwide isn't a big feat. With all the promo it had, Joanne should've done better. Also, this is Lady Gaga; 2 million is not a number we should be proud of. Non-mainstream albums like Lemonade also did better. 

And the GP didn't like it. Everyone I know thought she had become boring (hypocrites but it's the GP anyway), and GP nests like Reddit and Facebook are filled with such comments as well. Or people will be like "I like her new direction but her music isn't my thing"

9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the tour outgrossed her previous world tour in less dates but nobody was here for it,

Hunny Gaga is a touring force. Even if she flops to oblivion she will have the talenT to keep the arenas filled in. Look at Madonna. She is so far ahead of her peak and she's still selling out shows and stadiums, while her albums are certified wood.

When you're a touring force, no matter how hard you flop or you music isn't well known, you will get the coins cause "It's Lady Gaga".

11 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it got 2 grammy nominations but obviously everybody hated it,

2 nominations sis. Alessia Cara had 4. And they're not even that relevant categories. 

14 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

2 singles from that era out streamed nearly all of her discography but of course, nobody was here for it

We are in the streaming era I-

this drag is flawed from the roots sis and you know it

I hope

14 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

factually, it's a step up in the right direction from ARTPOP.

ARTPOPs era was a mess, the album would've been a massive success and would've been loved if Gaga wasn't, well, you know the story. And most of all, ARTPOP was Gaga. Joanne is not. Joanne should've been like Red and Blue not what it is. The concept of Joanne is flawed as it is. "returning to my roots" sis your roots are NYC not Texas :rip: 

Sis I may fool around a lot but I can be serious. I can analyze. I don't go pandering my opinion about just because I read one thing on Twitter, or a negative comment on YouTube. In the end we both have our opinions but sometimes hard truth is hidden in those opinions.

IAmNotHere1997

I would like her to do at least one/two songs with Max Martin or Pharrell or Timbaland or Danja. I'm not a fan of their works, but it would be interesting to see them collaborating

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Moebius said:

its time to spill again giphy.gif

Let's get crackin

A 67 score isn't that great lovely, when all her peers (except Kety, poor Kety) are outacclaiming her. Kesha got an 81, Beyonce has the highest rated female album on Metacritic, Anti has a 73 (still higher than both TF and BTW). Selena's revival has a 74 I believe, TMYLM has a 72, Ariana has 76s or something... granted critics hate Gaga's ass, the score was fit imo.

Hunny everyone has #1 albums these days its nothing big. Kylie's 14th album is gonna go #1 in the UK but everyone forgot about her.

Selling 2 million worldwide isn't a big feat. With all the promo it had, Joanne should've done better. Also, this is Lady Gaga; 2 million is not a number we should be proud of. Non-mainstream albums like Lemonade also did better. 

And the GP didn't like it. Everyone I know thought she had become boring (hypocrites but it's the GP anyway), and GP nests like Reddit and Facebook are filled with such comments as well. Or people will be like "I like her new direction but her music isn't my thing"

Hunny Gaga is a touring force. Even if she flops to oblivion she will have the talenT to keep the arenas filled in. Look at Madonna. She is so far ahead of her peak and she's still selling out shows and stadiums, while her albums are certified wood.

When you're a touring force, no matter how hard you flop or you music isn't well known, you will get the coins cause "It's Lady Gaga".

2 nominations sis. Alessia Cara had 4. And they're not even that relevant categories. 

We are in the streaming era I-

this drag is flawed from the roots sis and you know it

I hope

ARTPOPs era was a mess, the album would've been a massive success and would've been loved if Gaga wasn't, well, you know the story. And most of all, ARTPOP was Gaga. Joanne is not. Joanne should've been like Red and Blue not what it is. The concept of Joanne is flawed as it is. "returning to my roots" sis your roots are NYC not Texas :rip: 

Sis I may fool around a lot but I can be serious. I can analyze. I don't go pandering my opinion about just because I read one thing on Twitter, or a negative comment on YouTube. In the end we both have our opinions but sometimes hard truth is hidden in those opinions.

i stopped reading after the first sentence cus you totally missed the point of my comment:

Joanne was an upgrade from ARTPOP critically and GP wise and that's a fact. i literally said it wasn't a smash. just an improvement from last time since you said everybody hated it.

if the JWT did worse than the artrave, if Joanne had no grammy noms, if she didn't manage to outstream her "much loved" older music with anything on the album, you'd have a point

everybody didn't hate it and it's clear

Moebius

i stopped reading after the first sentence cus you totally missed the point of my comment:

Joanne was an upgrade from ARTPOP critically and GP wise and that's a fact. i literally said it wasn't a smash. just an improvement from last time since you said everybody hated it.

if the JWT did worse than the artrave, if Joanne had no grammy noms, if she didn't manage to outstream her "much loved" older music with anything on the album, you'd have a point

everybody didn't hate it and it's clear

Wow, sure, just don't read it at all

it's an upgrade but at what cost? Her losing all personality in her music? Losing credibility? ARTPOP would've scored a lot more if everyone wasn't so up her ass at that time. They still are, but to a lesser extent. 

Let's stop this right here cause we are getting off topic.

ryanripley
Just now, Moebius said:

Wow, sure, just don't read it at all

it's an upgrade but at what cost? Her losing all personality in her music? Losing credibility? ARTPOP would've scored a lot more if everyone wasn't so up her ass at that time. They still are, but to a lesser extent. 

Let's stop this right here cause we are getting off topic.

i'm not going to read something that isn't replying to my point

also that's an opinion lol i saw her as gaga as ever and this fanbase just has a tough time accepting change

Clarence

ppl like gaga an djws no matter how much they work with each other come up with new sounds all the time cuz, get this, they grow as artists. the more you know :firega:

Inferno

Mark Ronson is a stellar producer. Joanne was a stylistic choice made by Gaga, its not his fault she wanted to go in the direction she did and I think he helped shape it as best possible. Using him in other stylistic contexts he'd be amazing.

That being said, I think the main producer she needs to move on from is DJWS purely because I think his production style doesn't sound as polished and progressive as i'd like her to be. I'd rather her work with someone like Arca or something thatll push the limits of her commercial sound.

Inferno
3 hours ago, baptism said:

I want her to work with Jack Antonoff, the music he makes with Lorde and Taylor is absolutely magical for the most part. 

First of all hes basic as hell, second of all he hates her and would never work with her musically.

Inferno
39 minutes ago, Moebius said:

First of all, the JWT did way better than the artrave and honestly a lot better than the btwb here in the states. so you can't just say she'll always be a touring force when attendance for the artrave was nothing to write home about. the jwt was way more relevant and I believe a lot of that had to do with the superbowl but i digress.

thats 2 more nominations than ARTPOP which was not nominated at all.

joanne is divisive within everyone from monsters to the general public. some people like it, some people are like why did she go country and they don't like it. there isn't one singular attitude towards the project., it varies. so unlike ARTPOP, you can't say "everybody" hated it. when the attitude towards ARTPOP was overwhelmingly negative vs. the generally positive to indifferent attitudes towards joanne. the only hatred it actually receives is in the stan world. and id be willing to argue that its most vocal haters are people that already hated her anyway so what does it matter.

Archived