Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

ARTPOP and Joanne could slay more if she released more singles

Biggest Bitch

Featured Posts

Inferno
Just now, Luxe Ford said:

The only thing that really, really bothers me is that Aura wasn't a single.

Its the hit that got away, and that without a generic bone under her hood.

Aura would've been very controversial considering there were essay length think pieces written on her use of the burqa as metaphor and I think had it been released as a single that narrative would've just exploded and been yet another PR nightmare for her at that time.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PedrinniSan
11 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

i can feel massive flops 

I don't care about the charts, I just care about the music videos & which songs she's going to still performing in the future. (which sadly are just her singles...)

And you should do the same, charts are for losers and delelus:derpga:

PS: Gypsy would have been a massive flop too lmao. If DWUW (the most comercial and basic song from the album) didn't work, no song would work on the radio. ARTPOP is for creative and crazy minds, not for the gp.

Gagadonna
17 minutes ago, PedrinniSan said:

I don't care about the charts, I just care about the music videos & which songs she's going to still performing in the future. (which sadly are just her singles...)

And you should do the same, charts are for losers and delelus:derpga:

PS: Gypsy would have been a massive flop too lmao. If DWUW (the most comercial and basic song from the album) didn't work, no song would work on the radio. ARTPOP is for creative and crazy minds, not for the gp.

Then, if she did release a video for each music video as first planned, you wouldn't have needed the songs as singles :trollga:

I don't care about charts either in general, but I think she should care about it. 

Gypsy was a GP favourite. I do think it could have done well

DWUW did work but as a moderate hit, could have done better with a music video and a better feature

Regardless, all of this won't happen so let us not argue about it :lolly:

Anderson123

I'm pretty sure Gaga's team know better than us about these things. Of course it'd have been great to have more singles released from ARTPOP and Joanne but things don't always work the way they wanted, especially for ARTPOP because Gaga and her former manager parted ways.

It's very easy as fans to say "This, this and this should've been done, these songs would've sLaYeD" and I'm pretty sure Gaga would've wanted Venus, Gypsy, Aura, etc. pretty much all of ARTPOP to have its moment but they can't just release random singles without a plan, it is an investment after all.

Joanne was fine the way it was handled in my opinion. It's a beautiful album but didn't really need to have more than 3 singles. It is also a sin to have Nicki Minaj be part of that, it's so out of place.

ShockPop

Some of these suggestions are really showing that people don't know how radio or GP work.

They want some fast food they can digest quickly. Something sexy or fun. They don't want to think because they're not that bright.

ARTPOP should've been:

Applause

DWUW(Feat. xtine) - Needs a great video... possibly lesbianing

Gypsy - Needs an emotional video interspliced with a fun times travelling video. Like Avril Lavigne's "Wish you were here" (which is amazing for the views it has!!) and a tour video, with an overarcing theme of her with Taylor.

Swine - Go totally insane (but not to gross levels) with the video. Avril Lavigne's "Hello Kitty" has 150M views and isn't even a good song. Imagine Swine.

Joanne should've been:

Million Reasons - With a decent video please. Jesus.

Ayo - It was met with a very good reception when it was originally planned to be a single.

Joanne - This would be great as a single not released a year too late. Proper promo. Sad af video.

Hey Girl - Yup yup. This would be great as a leaving single due to lyrics.

Honestly. The GP love sex and sadness so give them either and they're good.

BlingNotTheMusic

Justice for John Wayne, the bop that got away. 

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

God Control

ARTPOP

1. Applause
2. Do What U Want (feat. R-Kelly)
3. Venus
4. ARTPOP
5. Fashion!

Joanne

1. Million Reasons (with a much better and more professional video)
2. Perfect Illusion
3. A-Yo
4. John Wayne

Smother Em Eh

Yesss MANiCURE and Gypsy really deserved to be singles, but Venus would’ve flopped hard as a single! And A-YO, John Wayne, and Dancin in Circles have wasted single potential. Ahhhh It could’ve been:neyde:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Most Deserved Singles:

ARTPOP: Gypsy, Aura, Sexxx Dreams 

Joanne: Diamond Heart & Dancin’ In Circles

Jewels n Drugs
12 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

flops too 

(even tho i love Fashion!) 

I feel like JnD would do good on urban radio tho. Not saying it would smash but a cute top 20 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Phlop

ARTPOP:

1. Applause

2. Venus

3. Do What U Want feat. Xtina

4. Sexxx Dreams

5. Gypsy

Joanne:

1. A-YO

2. Million Reasons

3. John Wayne

4. Dancin In Circles

5. Joanne

BYE

Batwings

ARTPOP:

1. Applause

2. Venus

3. DWUW (SOLO VERSION WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ALBUM VERSION)

4. Gypsy

Joanne:

1. A-YO

2. Million Reasons

3. John Wayne

4. Diamond Heart

And can we please stop trying to make the DIC single happen? It would have flopped harder than G.U.Y. which everyone said was going to be a huge hit. I mean, the entire concept that Gaga was presenting for Joanne was a heartfelt, family-themed Americana album. Releasing DIC as a single would have been like "This is an album about my father's sister because I'm my father's daughter. Now here's my new single, a song about rubbing my vag!"

Archived