Just now, Bad Monster Kid said:

This better. 

I don't mind that one either. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Monster Kid

Go Deep shouldn’t be in Top 5. Together Again I wouldn’t be mad about. 

3 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#10] Special - 8,42

Highs - @Kandy life@gabrielflorin01@Texas Joanne@HausOfAmericano - 10

Lows - @ssslyboy - 5,5

YsqdD2l.jpg

Commentary

Reveal hidden contents

@That J - Love this final track.  Sounds like MJ but with that Janet twist. A lovely way to end such an epic album.

@janetjackson - A classic Jackson ballad to end the album complete with children's choir. My favorite track when I first bought the album as a kid. Through her sincerity, she escapes the potential of it being preachy or contrived.

@Janet - See "Every Time" for notes on how it sounds. What sets the two apart is how this deals with the background trauma Janet has been through as a child and young woman, which gives this far more gravitas and interest than "Every Time". You can really hear how she longs to overcome her history.

@HausOfAmericano - This song is basically the conclusion of the beautiful chapter that is The Velvet Rope :diane:

@FrankGutz - super sexy bop, i use to play this **** to relax and just walk around feelin' myself, love it

@Kandy life - I got the need to feel I''m special too! This is the message fo the whole album; It goes back and forth while exploring different sides of human complexity. This song makes me fall in love with Janet over and over again.

@Texas Joanne - a perfect closer to a perfect album. the album seems like a dark tunnel to me when I listened to it, and Special is like the light at the end. so hopeful and always calms me

@The Bling - THIS :giveup::giveup::giveup:

Special alone or with Can't Be Stopped inside

That J
1 minute ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

Go Deep shouldn’t be in Top 5. Together Again I wouldn’t be mad about. 

Exact opposite here!  But we agree on everything else lol. 

Phoebe Buffay

[#09] Empty - 8,46

Highs - @Inferno@Kandy life - 11

Lows - @Texas Joanne - 6

W4ow1bC.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - Another experimental track with sputtering urgency.  It's good if you are in the mood for it.

@Texas Joanne - while I love the production and the theme of it. it really isnt a standout

@janetjackson - Startlingly ahead of it's time. In 1996, Janet, Jimmy and Terry wrote and recorded this song about the emptiness of online connection that rings even truer now than ever before. The production is mathematical and busy but somehow floats effortless and effervescently. It's one of the strongest deep cuts of Janet's career.

@Janet - The icy production is gorgeous, a brilliant example of it's kind. The melody in the bridge and chorus is stunning. The way the beat builds throughout the song is thrilling - ooh the start of the second chorus honey! So good. 

@HausOfAmericano - Can you believe Miss Janet invented online relationships? ugh her mind is too powerful :giveup:

@FrankGutz - love it

@Kandy life - This is how it feels like when the person you like has a velvet rope that keeps you from getting inside their heart. It's really unique the way she portraits emptiness in this song; I listen to it often and think about a person I used to like, I feel empty every time. Definitely the greatest of the album.

Bad Monster Kid
Just now, EvilRegal said:

[#09] Empty - 8,46

Highs - @Inferno@Kandy life - 11

Lows - @Texas Joanne - 6

W4ow1bC.jpg

Commentary

Reveal hidden contents

@That J - Another experimental track with sputtering urgency.  It's good if you are in the mood for it.

@Texas Joanne - while I love the production and the theme of it. it really isnt a standout

@janetjackson - Startlingly ahead of it's time. In 1996, Janet, Jimmy and Terry wrote and recorded this song about the emptiness of online connection that rings even truer now than ever before. The production is mathematical and busy but somehow floats effortless and effervescently. It's one of the strongest deep cuts of Janet's career.

@Janet - The icy production is gorgeous, a brilliant example of it's kind. The melody in the bridge and chorus is stunning. The way the beat builds throughout the song is thrilling - ooh the start of the second chorus honey! So good. 

@HausOfAmericano - Can you believe Miss Janet invented online relationships? ugh her mind is too powerful :giveup:

@FrankGutz - love it

@Kandy life - This is how it feels like when the person you like has a velvet rope that keeps you from getting inside their heart. It's really unique the way she portraits emptiness in this song; I listen to it often and think about a person I used to like, I feel empty every time. Definitely the greatest of the album.

Where it should be. 

That J

NOW the evil has been defeated!  :trollga:

Phoebe Buffay
2 minutes ago, GaGaLB said:

Special alone or with Can't Be Stopped inside

Can't Be Stopped inside. :)

That J

My comment for Empty said it's good if you are in the mood for it. 

Problem is ...im never in that mood. 

Bad Monster Kid
1 minute ago, That J said:

My comment for Empty said it's good if you are in the mood for it. 

Problem is ...im never in that mood. 

That’s cause your empty. 

That J
Just now, Bad Monster Kid said:

That’s cause your empty. 

Ah touche! And yes. I am a black hole of a shell of a man but I smell good! 

Phoebe Buffay

[#08] Free Xone - 8,75

Highs - @RAMROD - 11

Lows - @ssslyboy - 5

6glO2FO.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - A unique track.  Experimental R&B and it's fun but forgettable. The good outweighs the bad.

@janetjackson - Samples upon samples upon samples. Conceptually and lyrically groundbreaking. It feels like pure liberation.

@Janet - "Xone" really gives away the era this song comes from. A call to individualism and a reminder to never apologise for who you are. Miss Jackson was really out here doing so much for the community that she is not thanked for. I can imagine this song being very good for a ball.

@FrankGutz -  i always loved this one, its infectious rythm makes me dance, a lil bit of acid jazz i think sometimes, idk i just love it so much

@HausOfAmericano - I get so frustated that Janet is one of the most discredited allies and this track is why. Janet did that :diane:

@Kandy life - The careless yet so relevant song of the album. Love is love no matter what!

@Texas Joanne - a F**KING SONG. the way the production hits you is just WOW. and the theme and lyrics are just amazing and perfect. completely confused as to why this wasnt performed

That J

Eh, Free Xone did well. I think that's a fair spot for it. 

Phoebe Buffay

Are you satisfied with the results so far? :oprah:

What you did to this next one I'll never forgive ya! :grr:

Archived