Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Brooklyn Nights is Gaga's best song

Taide

Featured Posts

HairBow

When I first heard this song after it leaked a few years ago, I was actually pretty "meh" towards it.

I adore the track now, though (I wouldn't call it a favorite of mine though).  If this had been on ARTPOP, I think it would have easily been her strongest song on the album lyrically.

In terms of it being a "hit" or a "single," though ... I don't think it would have performed well in 2013-2014, but I absolutely think it would have been an absolute smash in 2010-2011.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ferretti

It's def not her best song, but it does sorta remind me of a Carly Rae song, minus that chorus, which I also find underwhelming. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

That said, I DO like it, anyone wanna PM the full file? haha

disco stick tester, inquire within

Mikolaj
2 hours ago, Taide said:

It bring up so good memories that you didn't even know you had.  :tony:

Couldn't put this into words better myself.

While not her best song, it definitely had a potential for it so I give you that. But it still sounds like a demo rather than an album song and it would need some more work. 

still love it

Lextyr97
2 hours ago, seXXX dreams said:

while I agree it may not be her best, but calling it unoriginal and overrated is wrong. It gives the listener a feeling of nostalgia, while also giving off a feeling of  rage. Claiming her voice had nowhere to shine is wrong. I feel it was supposed to be bland, almost as if she is holding back tears singing of a failed relationship that still holds importance to her. Calling the chorus unexplosive is wrong. Have you N O T listened to this song on full blast? This song has the power to bring me tears.

I have listened to the song many, many, MANY times. Yeah the instrumental is kind of loud, but Gaga legit sounds emotionless. Her voice is literally robotic from how autotuned it is. I'd much rather her show emotion in the calm fashion that she does in Joanne or even Gypsy. 

Jay.P

It's her best unreleased song that's for sure. I love the production.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Glamourpuss

It's not her best but it had great potential to be one of her best. It needed the lyrics to be re written and a lot of it tweaked to sound a lot more professionally refined because it sounds low quality like a demo with basic lyrics. 

I feel that it would have smashed and been a big hit. If not for the gp, it would have been a big fan favourite. Imagine it closing a show. It had that special something about it that hits you in the feels (for lack of a better explanation). 

ShockPop

I can only assume that those who think it's emotionless have never had a relationship fall down around them and cry in a puddle of memories.

I don't know who you are, but I want to meet you and hug you because of this:hug:

Brooklyn Nights is one of my favourite songs and I'm 

I can't :giveup: it's just...TOO MUCH for me :cryga: I love everything about the song, the lyrics, the nostalgia, the instrumental, the autotune,  :giveup: the lyrics again,

The lyrics again, the lyrics again, did I mention the lyrics? It's not the best song she's ever written, but this song just does it for me, it's simple and emotional 

Thank you for bringing this up now I'm gonna get thrashed with that song:ladyhaha:

Lazlo

PerfectGUY
3 hours ago, Taide said:

It bring up so good memories that you didn't even know you had.  :tony:

OMGGG, it's soooooo trueee. 

There's a hugeeeee nostalgia feel to it

PerfectExca
3 hours ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

If Joanne didn't exist, it would be my favorite ballad by far, and that's saying something :wub:

Which Joanne version? And I feel like I'm the only Little Monster that loves Dope:cryga:

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

Annette Pratt

I love it!  I wish it was on ARTPOP.  My favorite is still BTW, for personal reasons.  

blackthorns

It's good, but its not THAT good. 

To clarify, I love the song, but the opening is very..... barbie princess and the pauper meets billboard top 40. 

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

crackpoppodcast

It’s definitely a great unreleased track but she made the better decision to keep it off of BTW. Some of the lyrics are so cringey! “I didn’t brush my hair and my lashes are falling off..” 

Archived