Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne was NOT for the fans

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

Eggsy
3 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Why do fans make everything about the fans? She was obviously talking about Taylor in PI. 

I always felt she was talking about us fans.. I mean we kinda acted like little brats before Joanne. Like was all love all a perfect illusion all we wanted was the dramatic OverTheTopGa? Some seemed to be like that and still are.. Im for her creativity even if its not a booty bouncing beat.. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NotMyFlop
25 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

I always felt she was talking about us fans.. I mean we kinda acted like little brats before Joanne. Like was all love all a perfect illusion all we wanted was the dramatic OverTheTopGa? Some seemed to be like that and still are.. Im for her creativity even if its not a booty bouncing beat.. 

this. as i get older & my music tastes mature, she is getting older and more mature with her music. 

i don't see OverTheTopGa coming back ever. in 5f2 she even said doing that would essentially invalidate the record.

maryloo

Question: Do you think Joanne would have done better if she dropped "Million Reasons" as the first single and "Joanne" as the second ("The Cure" as the third, as it was)? I feel like "Perfect Illusion" was so different and jarring for fans that it turned them off the record. But MR is much more in line with BalladGa, what makes her popular with the GP, and it maybe could've been an Adele-type moment for her where she had an era based around her amazing ballads. I was just thinking about this today... 

GagaMegaFan

I don't know if it was for the fans or not

but it obviously was NOT for me

rs_500x281-151209111726-drinking-final.g

ew

IAmNotHere1997

Uhm, yeah?! Good morning. Also, literally every other producer that worked with Gaga >>>>>>>> R***ne

Mario Roberto Flores

For me, Joanne was just for her. About his feelings, especially what he was living in that moment. And it's OK. I also feel that she is putting some distance to the fans. And I understand it too. The true love, the significant love, this is only found in family and friends. And when I say friends, I mean the really close ones. Everything else is paraphernalia. The only thing I feel with Joanne and that breaks my heart is that Lady Gaga was not having fun, she became serious and melancholy. I notice a lot of sadness. And I think that without the Super Bowl, not even Million Reasons would be a success. But that's history. She had to work hard. And that had an impact on his health. I hope she finds joy again.

LeJudas
6 hours ago, NotMyFlop said:

i'll try to find it, but i am pretty sure in an interview she confirmed it was not about him. 

She can't say it is, Taylor might sue for 25% of it's sales :duck:

NotMyFlop
2 hours ago, maryloo said:

Question: Do you think Joanne would have done better if she dropped "Million Reasons" as the first single and "Joanne" as the second ("The Cure" as the third, as it was)? I feel like "Perfect Illusion" was so different and jarring for fans that it turned them off the record. But MR is much more in line with BalladGa, what makes her popular with the GP, and it maybe could've been an Adele-type moment for her where she had an era based around her amazing ballads. I was just thinking about this today... 

um, maybe? my gut says no, but million resons gained steam by itself. 

i think diamond heart was the best lead but. perfect illusion is so good so i'll take it. :giveup:

HairBow

Just some perspective about the fanbase who seems to be very split on Gaga's career since Born This Way:

If people are upset that Gaga released a jazz album and then a more folksy album instead of "pop bops," then they have every right to say "Meh. I don't like this."  Nobody has to enjoy everything that a specific artist puts out.  Everybody has their own tastes, and that's totally cool.

However, for the people obsessing over it: You sound no different than the record companies that just want artists to focus on appealing to the lowest common denominator because that's what makes them the most money. If you don't want Gaga to be creatively compromised by the record companies, then you shouldn't want Gaga to be creatively compromised by the hardcore (fringe) fanbase's very specific demands.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, HairBow said:

Just some perspective about the fanbase who seems to be very split on Gaga's career since Born This Way:

If people are upset that Gaga released a jazz album and then a more folksy album instead of "pop bops," then they have every right to say "Meh. I don't like this."  Nobody has to enjoy everything that a specific artist puts out.  Everybody has their own tastes, and that's totally cool.

However, for the people obsessing over it: You sound no different than the record companies that just want artists to focus on appealing to the lowest common denominator because that's what makes them the most money. If you don't want Gaga to be creatively compromised by the record companies, then you shouldn't want Gaga to be creatively compromised by the hardcore (fringe) fanbase's very specific demands.

a very fair comment :golfclap: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

HairBow
2 hours ago, maryloo said:

Personally, I think the first single should have been Diamond Heart.  It's a very catchy and "anthem-esque" song that I think would have performed on the charts much better than Perfect Illusion did. The problem with Perfect Illusion, in my opinion, is that it is almost impossible to sing along casually to (which does not make it radio friendly).  I think that even Gaga herself has a hard time singing along to it, as she did close to ZERO promo performances of it and did a shortened version of it on the Joanne World Tour.

"I might not be flawless, but you know I gotta diamond heart!"  What an epic lyric to make a comeback with.  At least I think so!

I think that there should have been more singles to this album altogether, though. Million Reasons was obviously a great single choice ... But I think that A-Yo should have been a real single, and John Wayne most definitely had single potential.  Joanne being the final single was a good choice, too ... But I think it just came out WAY too late for it to gain any commercial attention.

Excuse me no...

Not everything is about the fans.

& Joanne is one of her greatest album imo. Btw this album was the good choice for that particular time & era. I think it's similar to art history (& history in general). People go from something crazy to something simpler & softer I guess. So doing something totally crazy wouldn't have been that great for her imo.

Brian Ryan

I don't know why I bought it then... I demand a refund. I love the album though. 

Ronk
35 minutes ago, HairBow said:

Good point.  But while I'm around, consider it a 3-way split, and there may be very few with me in that 3rd way.  While others bicker about her music, I consider her career to be the vehicle that gives her the wealth and reach to help many people in many ways.  I think helping others, spreading kindness, and being a positive role model, will be her most important legacy and is the reason I follow her.   Her music is only one of the ways she inspires people and spreads her messages and changes the world.   Her reach is so important, because people notice that she lives a life of kindness, caring, and positivity.  Her actions speak louder than her words as she leads by example.  She changes the world every day just by being herself.  She may be a music icon, etc., but this, multiplied thousands of times over, is her real impact:

t89qmHg.jpg

I live outside the space time continuum.

BornAsUnic0rn
8 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

I just said she's not going to admit it's about Taylor, or make any notions of it if it were about him. :emma: 

Obviously I didn't write the song so I'm only making assumptions here. 

Exactly.

And going by the music video doesn’t mean anything. Because Telephone wasn’t about her going to jail and her lesbo bimbo freeing her. And Lovegame wasn’t about her having sex with a shapeshifting police officer. And You And I wasn’t about mermaid ****.

also: Gaga has often stated that her songs have multiple meanings and sometimes they end up meaning something completely different to her than what they meant when she initially wrote them.

Archived