❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

Joanne was NOT for the fans

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

NotMyFlop

long post ahead (?): 

so, as we all infamously know there are eight songs with redone that was the original concept for #LG5. it was supposed to be dark, inspired by the countess & return back to her pop roots that cheek to cheek & ARTPOP were not.

but, i think Gaga threw away the concept because it wasn't authentic to what she wanted. 

the post-born this way era & ARTPOP era were a m e s s. like the album or not, her management sucked, there were tons of broken promises and it ultimately landed her in broken terrority. 

and, as fans, we left. obviously not the dedicated little monsters, but she was a cultural powerhouse and she lost a majoirty of that rabid fanbase.

she needed some (deserved) time away from the spotlight, so she worked on cheek to cheek, AHS, etc. Gaga really focused on what she wanted. 

but, the fans never returned. 

gaga, as we all know, is one of the most versatile artists in the world. a true chameleon. as she prepared to head back to the studio on #LG5, i think she formualted a concept that her fans wanted.

dark, working with redone; the proudcer who made her biggest hits, pop, etc. 

i think whilst working on #LG5, she realized this isn't what she wanted. so, joanne was born. 

i also think that's why perfect illusion was the lead single. i think it's a f*ck you to the fans. we didn't love gaga, we loved the weird fashion & music, and when we didn't get what we wanted, we left. we didn't stick with her during her most turbulent time. i don't think perfect illusion was ever about love, i think it was about her fans. 

and million reaons builds on that but is more about fame. however, gaga knows there is still a legion of us who idoloize her. i think we are the "good reason(s)" she stays famous. 

so, when gaga said joanne was her most personal record, i think she meant it more in the sense that this record is what she wanted. not much was changed/manipulated. this was primarily her image/concept. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Correction: it is not for the gay fans :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

FATCAT

Why do fans make everything about the fans? She was obviously talking about Taylor in PI. 

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
Just now, RAMROD said:

Correction: it is not for the gay fans :poot:

I found out why I love it so much. :hor:

Purr more, hiss less.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

I found out why I love it so much. :hor:

Oh, U “straight”? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

NotMyFlop
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Why do fans make everything about the fans? She was obviously talking about Taylor in PI. 

i'll try to find it, but i am pretty sure in an interview she confirmed it was not about him. 

corvus albus

This is a really well thought out essay about Joanne and i have to agree with you completely :golfclap:

VOLANTIS
4 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

she needed some (deserved) time away from the spotlight, so she worked on cheek to cheek, AHS, etc. Gaga really focused on what she wanted. 

but, the fans never returned. 

I don't believe fans simply abandoned her. I think how fans in general support the artist and music changed a lot during 2011 and 2012. It's a different time now. For example the amount of buzz created during Gaga's earlier years would receive a very different reaction from fans now. It's not that fans don't love the artist or their work, it's just a different approach now. Gaga needs to figure out how she'll approach with her work. I think she's very smart enough to figure out how to play her fame. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

FATCAT
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Oh, U “straight”? :poot:

giphy.gif

Purr more, hiss less.

ryanripley

you could say that, i guess

personally as a fan from 2009, Joanne is my favourite album :laughga:

but it's pretty obvious Joanne was a safe move after the hell that was 2012 to 2014. it was her first pop album cycle since her unfairly bashed ARTPOP so after spending 2 years recovering the media's favour etc, it would make sense to continue to test those waters with a safe album

however Joanne is an american album, so the only waters tested were America and some of Europe :selena: nothing about this album was meant to smash or start a revolution in music however she did achieve some of her biggest accomplishments in this era which really helped her look good

for the future: i hope she now has the confidence and support to attempt another big concept album like ARTPOP (not music-wise, just that level of ambition), she can't keep playing safe or she'll only keep getting top 10 hits and her fanbase will just drift between growing and shrinking

unless that's what she wants from now on :shrug:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

VOLANTIS
1 minute ago, NotMyFlop said:

i'll try to find it, but i am pretty sure in an interview she confirmed it was not about him. 

I believe she didn't want to drag Taylor through the drama. She obviously did care about him.

But it's not that deep of a song to figure out that it is about him.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

PerfectGUY
4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It clearly doesn't

Just look at the videos for PI and MR

They're obviously about the GP and the music industry, and how true monsters are the ones she keeps fighting for

Singing : 'YOU were a perfect Illusion' right in the GP's ears, what a genius :giveup:

NotMyFlop
1 minute ago, VOLANTIS said:

I don't believe fans simply abandoned her. I think how fans in general support the artist and music changed a lot during 2011 and 2012. It's a different time now. For example the amount of buzz created during Gaga's earlier years would receive a very different reaction from fans now. It's not that fans don't love the artist or their work, it's just a different approach now. Gaga needs to figure out how she'll approach with her work. I think she's very smart enough to figure out how to play her fame. 

i think that's a fair critique, especially since she still can sell/stream pretty decent. but her decline was pretty extreme & fast. 

ryanripley
1 minute ago, VOLANTIS said:

I believe she didn't want to drag Taylor through the drama. She obviously did care about him.

But it's not that deep of a song to figure out that it is about him.

oh here we go again :poot: that song is so vague it could be about anyone who pissed her off :poot:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived