💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

ARTPOP era wasn’t as bad as people say is is

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

So I know this is a late and random statement and it might sound weird or obvious from an ARTPOP-fan like me but what I have realized is that the ARTPOP era really wasn’t that bad after all.It is often brought up in negative thoughts and as a ‘dark time’ but comparing it to era’s like Witness,Bionic and other underperformed albums and their era’s really shows how succesful and eventful in a good way ARTPOP actually was.

I think If we keep bringing up the ARTPOP era only for it’s darkness and negative happenings, we are really missing out on a beautiful era.I mean this era served fashion,beautiful visuals,a cool tour and most importantly:a beautiful album.Just because some people weren’t too fond of Gaga during the time doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good era.And the era wasn’t as messy as many people on here claim it was.I mean,aside from a few unkept promises like ACT II,DWUW video and a further-updated ARTPOP app and single changes ,nearly everyday we got a new interview,a new performance,a new outfit or whatever new stuff.Not on Born This Way-level obviously, but this era was still very eventful and very promoted.

Now I’m certainly not saying ARTPOP is the best era of Gaga because it defintely isn’t , but stop giving it so much negative light and start focusing on the good things of the era.Remember the beautiful looks of the Applause era?Or the iTunes festival?DWUW at AMA’s?The artRAVE?Or any other good memorable moment of the ARTPOP era?Why not focus on all these beautiful happenings instead of what people in the media said about the album?

And for the record,even Gaga herself can look back at this era with a smile on her face:’You know,did anyone here go to the artRAVE.*laughs*That was a party’.💜And Gaga still always pays a lot of attention to the anniversarys of this album.

LONG LIVE ARTPOP!

709e80b1-f136-41d1-8a5a-fbbfb6682eea.gif

mondrian

Yaas ARTPOP is my favorite album :queenga: and the visuals are something she has yet to top imo

iamKenny17

Praise be to ARTPOP.

Spoiler

But DWUW still needs to be performed more; ARTPOP's best song can't keep eating dust this way!!

King J

I think most people here think that THANKFULLY because ARTPOP was such a creative journey - it was really amazing to see flourish

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

ArtGagaPop

Well it was bad since it ended after like 5 months and 1,5 singles only to be brought back with 1 video a few months later when the hype was already dead. The things we actually got was great, the photoshoots, the songs, applause and g.u.y video etc. But it could been so much more if she continued to promote and release singles from it in 2014. Manicure and gypsy could been great singles and songs like venus and sexxx dreams also really deserved videos. She said she would made a video for every song on the album but we ended up with 2 :smh:

LittleMonster20
1 minute ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Well it was bad since it ended after like 5 months and 1,5 singles only to be brought back with 1 video a few months later when the hype was already dead. The things we actually got was great, the photoshoots, the songs, applause and g.u.y video etc. But it could been so much more if she continued to promote and release singles from it in 2014. Manicure and gypsy could been great singles and songs like venus and sexxx dreams also really deserved videos. She said she would made a video for every song on the album but we ended up with 2 :smh:

I think the reason they didn’t release any singles after G.U.Y anymore was because Interscope was afraid of another underperformance so they just went straight onto the Roseland Residency and the artRAVE tour.

It was bad tho, especially after three very successful eras with lots of videos and promo. And also the failed concept of the album, the Volantis thing, the app, Troy Carter, working with rapists, etc. ARTPOP is still a very good album to me, would it be better if it had 11 songs instead of 15? Yes, but it's still great.

TimisaMonster

Sad that Troy ruined so many of the plans for the era... :giveup:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Haroon

The album is good and the performances and the tour were great :woohoo: The downside is that the era was quite rocky so that kinda cast a shadow on the bright things :noparty:

ArtGagaPop
4 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

I think the reason they didn’t release any singles after G.U.Y anymore was because Interscope was afraid of another underperformance so they just went straight onto the Roseland Residency and the artRAVE tour.

well the thing was, g.u.y was released when it was already to late for singles and they didn't do anything to promote it except the video. DWUW should had a video released in dec then when that song was starting to die on radio they should quickly followed up with manicure or another 3rd single around febuary. No dwuw video and no further peformances from her in early 2014 killed the era. 

corvus albus
15 minutes ago, Bio said:

would it be better if it had 11 songs instead of 15? Yes, but it's still great.

No instead of 15 songs it should have been 13. Exclude Fashion! and JND and ARTPOP would be rivaling TFM in quality of the songs

Bradley

ARTPOP sold 2,500,000 albums worldwide and is platinum in the US.

Had a tour that grossed $83 million from 79 dates. Spawned two successful singles, Applause which sold more than 2 million copies in the US, and Do What U Want which sold more than 1.3 million copies in the US.

Very successful for an 'underperforming' album to be honest. Wikipedia considers it a commercial success.

Archived