💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Why do many monsters hate dope?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Some fans hating it cos they like the first version more I Wanna Be With You). Also many of younger fans are straight edge (I guess) so any reference to drugs makes them ill :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloodyjack
10 hours ago, Inferno said:

It literally has nothing to do with preferring dance/pop or non-stripped down music. It has to do with her choice of vocal style.

To you it's that but I feel it's not the case for lots of other people that I've spoken too about the song

SilkSpectre
On 30/03/2018 at 9:13 PM, FrankGutz said:

1. Koons voice

2. I wanna be with you was superior

3. Doesnt fit with the soul of ARTPOP, Imagine all the songs being a drug, rush, energy, Dope feels like the depression that comes after lmao

But I feel that’s why dope fits so well on the album and it’s soul of adrenaline. You can’t have the high without the comedown and it’s a very authentic relateable song for that experience 

heygirl
On 3/30/2018 at 9:33 PM, Inferno said:

I really hate that vocal affectation she puts on in songs like Dope, Till It Happens to You and Your Song.

I don't like it. I don't get why she keeps doing it. Her voice is so forceful throughout the entirety of all of them and theres nothing pretty or delicate or even particularly emotional about any of them because shes just staying in that blasted voice the whole time. Im just not about it. I prefer her voice on songs like You and I and Speechless. And to be quite honest since this is all opinion anyway, I think it instantly ages a track when she sings that way and voids any semblance of "cool" it could have. Its too much. Like the instrumental for Dope is kind of cool with the piano and those minimal pulsing electronics coming in underneath, but her vocals are so ugly I can't even bother to listen. And imo some of the tracks off Joanne would have been slightly better had she sung them without said affectation (Come to Mama, Just Another Day, Diamond Heart, etc).

tbh if she ever heard me say this it would probably just make her want to do it even more lol

to be truthful i believe 'the voice' you're speaking of is a singing technique which she adds on where she finds necessary. just as she gets an almost nasal voice when singing 'joanne' or 'bang bang' from CTC. in the case of dope i believe the rough-on-the-edges vocal to add onto the broken feeling the lyrics are about, same goes for tihty, where she on top of which wants to come across as powerful; which i think she does superbly when implementing 'that voice'. she's even said that the person singing tihty is a warrior, which if you think about, is what her voice in that song comes across as. the only song i agree with you on is your song, where it doesn't fit with the song's lyrics and overall sentimental lyrics, feel, instrumental. but then again, i dont believe it to be present at all times of the song. for example in the beginning she doesn't have it as much as toward the chorus. so i really do believe it to be a singing technique she puts to use when she finds necessary. this is a talent and testimony for her versatility and artistry so im not complaining. 

PS. her speaking voice has changed immensely since her earlier eras so it isn't weird that her professional, singing, voice has too tbh. 

be kind guys

monketsharona

Personnally I don't really like her voice on some of her ballads and piano performances in the last few years. Too forced and it feels like she tries to prove something...

Which is dumb because she already had an incredible voice without forcing too much, those ones feels much more natural to me (only my opinion though) :

Bazaar

Agreed!!! 
Even my non-Gaga fan friend is obsessed with this song, even now she plays it sometimes.

LoanSPW

I always skip it when listening to the album. It just doesn't really fit, and she did better ballads.

Inferno
1 hour ago, heygirl said:

to be truthful i believe 'the voice' you're speaking of is a singing technique which she adds on where she finds necessary. just as she gets an almost nasal voice when singing 'joanne' or 'bang bang' from CTC. in the case of dope i believe the rough-on-the-edges vocal to add onto the broken feeling the lyrics are about, same goes for tihty, where she on top of which wants to come across as powerful; which i think she does superbly when implementing 'that voice'. she's even said that the person singing tihty is a warrior, which if you think about, is what her voice in that song comes across as. the only song i agree with you on is your song, where it doesn't fit with the song's lyrics and overall sentimental lyrics, feel, instrumental. but then again, i dont believe it to be present at all times of the song. for example in the beginning she doesn't have it as much as toward the chorus. so i really do believe it to be a singing technique she puts to use when she finds necessary. this is a talent and testimony for her versatility and artistry so im not complaining. 

PS. her speaking voice has changed immensely since her earlier eras so it isn't weird that her professional, singing, voice has too tbh. 

I understand that it is a technique, its however a technique I dont like and personally think is a detriment to the songs in that i think it ages her music and makes it less likable for people on a commercial level. and i dont mean that for anyone to say "she doesnt need to be commercial she just needs to be true to herself" way I mean clearly these songs are meant to reach a vast amount of people and I think that technique totally and completely holds her songs back from being as popular as they could be if she sang them like she sang you and i or speechless for instance. i think the technique appeals to an elderly crowd of vocal snobs and why shes intent on reaching them over anyone else kind of annoys me. its like she surrounds herself with old industry people like elton and would rather appease them then make something that actually sounds cool. Theres a lot of songs lately, especially with this technique, that just sound a little too old retired queen in palm springs for me *cough* I Want Your Love *cough*

heygirl
21 hours ago, Inferno said:

I understand that it is a technique, its however a technique I dont like and personally think is a detriment to the songs in that i think it ages her music and makes it less likable for people on a commercial level. and i dont mean that for anyone to say "she doesnt need to be commercial she just needs to be true to herself" way I mean clearly these songs are meant to reach a vast amount of people and I think that technique totally and completely holds her songs back from being as popular as they could be if she sang them like she sang you and i or speechless for instance. i think the technique appeals to an elderly crowd of vocal snobs and why shes intent on reaching them over anyone else kind of annoys me. its like she surrounds herself with old industry people like elton and would rather appease them then make something that actually sounds cool. Theres a lot of songs lately, especially with this technique, that just sound a little too old retired queen in palm springs for me *cough* I Want Your Love *cough*

okay well concludingly: it's clearly just a matter of taste then. personally i love both 'voices' equally and haven't really noticed it. i rly rly love i want your love and only now that i hear it again, with what you've said in mind come to understand what it is you mean and how it may annoy someone. 

be kind guys

Benji

I love the song apart from the line "I need you more than dope"

So f*cking cringey.

moonboywow

Because it’s not pop. I know there’s a theme with my posts today but it’s true. I love the dope vocals. It’s theatrical and cool sounding. Anyone who can’t hear that needs their ears checked. 

Archived