it's emotional

catchy too

vocals slay

so why is it so slept on?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BeIIadonna

I have no clue :giveup: It's one of my favourites from her. I feel like it has something to do with I Wanna Be With  U though 

Small correction:

Just now, Mirrion Rizzons said:

It's easily the best song on ARTPOP after sexxx dreams and gypsy and DWUW and Applause and ARTPOP

Carry on

Inferno

I really hate that vocal affectation she puts on in songs like Dope, Till It Happens to You and Your Song.

I don't like it. I don't get why she keeps doing it. Her voice is so forceful throughout the entirety of all of them and theres nothing pretty or delicate or even particularly emotional about any of them because shes just staying in that blasted voice the whole time. Im just not about it. I prefer her voice on songs like You and I and Speechless. And to be quite honest since this is all opinion anyway, I think it instantly ages a track when she sings that way and voids any semblance of "cool" it could have. Its too much. Like the instrumental for Dope is kind of cool with the piano and those minimal pulsing electronics coming in underneath, but her vocals are so ugly I can't even bother to listen. And imo some of the tracks off Joanne would have been slightly better had she sung them without said affectation (Come to Mama, Just Another Day, Diamond Heart, etc).

tbh if she ever heard me say this it would probably just make her want to do it even more lol

PunkTheFunk

They know they've ****ed up again, because they've lost their only friends. God forgive their sins.

mylifeiscrazy.gif

Mirrion Rizzons
Just now, MonsterGaga5555 said:

I have no clue :giveup: It's one of my favourites from her. I feel like it has something to do with I Wanna Be With  U though 

I guess but its way more emotional than IWBWY so i dont really get why most monsters prefer that. Obviously it's down to preference but I live for dark vibesGa

Inferno
3 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I guess but its way more emotional than IWBWY so i dont really get why most monsters prefer that. Obviously it's down to preference but I live for dark vibesGa

I don't like either song so I have no bias, but imo IWBWY sounds like the more emotionally authentic song and Dope seemed like this fake anti-drug message nonsense that she whipped up real quick to put on the album because the label didn't like IWBWY.

4 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I really hate that vocal affectation she puts on in songs like Dope, Till It Happens to You and Your Song.

I don't like it. I don't get why she keeps doing it. Her voice is so forceful throughout the entirety of all of them and theres nothing pretty or delicate or even particularly emotional about any of them because shes just staying in that blasted voice the whole time. Im just not about it. I prefer her voice on songs like You and I and Speechless. And to be quite honest since this is all opinion anyway, I think it instantly ages a track when she sings that way and voids any semblance of "cool" it could have. Its too much. Like the instrumental for Dope is kind of cool with the piano and those minimal pulsing electronics coming in underneath, but her vocals are so ugly I can't even bother to listen.

tbh if she ever heard me say this it would probably just make her want to do it even more lol

Spoiler

:golfclap::tony::reductive:

Enzo

TEA

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Tom Nook
6 minutes ago, MonsterGaga5555 said:

I feel like it has something to do with I Wanna Be With  U though 

That’s usually the main reason :poot: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

"Vocals slay" yeah like slay her throath dead. The only bad thing about dope is what makes it "unlistenable" for most: the vocals.

But the lyrics and production itself, it's all just made to be her best ballad. The lyrics are really deep and they're really strong, and it's all really Gaga. My fav for now, kinda got into it after these years.

Spoiler

and I hope I won't read people saying I wanna be "I RATHER BE POOR AND HAPPY  THAN RICH AND ALONE" with you  is better

Archived