The Bling

Featured Posts

GaGaAst
1 hour ago, Taide said:

It was for 4 weeks and charted 61 week.

Faith restored 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

DesertWolf

The main reason we got great positions for the ARTPOP singles (except G.U.Y.), for Anything Goes and BJ+AF it's because in that times the chart was mainly based on (digital) sales (not sure if radio was counted, but there was a separate airplay chart too). That also explains why Paparazzi did poorly on the chart, although it was played a lot on radio, everyone had it already when they bought the album. Same happens with LoveGame and MTN, that's why they never charted. So that formula was bad for the singles that were released after the album and it didn't reflect what was trending properly. 

The thing changed in recent years and now streams also count, that's why the Joanne+The Cure era kinda flopped and most of our #1 are latin songs :interestinga:. In digital sales they did pretty good, can't give the receipts rn but I remember that PI was at #2, MI at #22 and TC at #4, but they stayed for less than 10 weeks on that chart then. So if you consider that, the Joanne era wasn't that bad here :ladyhaha:

Archived