💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Gaga Ever Said That "Monster" is About Sexual Assault?

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

Yo GagaGaga

I've always thought that that's what it meant since that's what I mostly heard on here, but I haven't found anything about Gaga saying/confirming that thats the actual meaning of the song. I've only heard her say that it is about her fear of sex/attachment, and it having a similar meaning to Judas.

Does anyone know if she's ever confirmed this, or if its one of those "The Cure is about Sonja" fan theories

27monster27

I think that it is about PTSD. Remember, Lady Gaga said that she got PTSD from being raped, and Monster is about the fear of men.

he/him/his

Head Empty
5 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I think that it is about PTSD. Remember, Lady Gaga said that she got PTSD from being raped, and Monster is about the fear of men.

Didn't she say that the sexual abuse was only part of the cause for her PTSD though? The main trigger seemed to be the mental abuse and physical trauma that she was put through by people like Troy in 2010-2013.

Kimblue
1 minute ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Didn't she say that the sexual abuse was only part of the cause for her PTSD though? The main trigger seemed to be the mental abuse and physical trauma that she was put through by people like Troy in 2010-2013.

Yeah it definitely part of the cause of PTSD because in her Zane Lowe interview she said that sometimes her body reacts to being touched and doesn’t know the difference between that and assault. But you are right she also stated that it’s other things too.

27monster27
23 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Yeah, I think that that is correct too.

he/him/his

AlexanderMagno

http://www.mtv.com/news/1627010/lady-gaga-sings-about-loving-something-bad-for-you-on-monster/

"It's the fear of attachment and the fear of loving something that's bad for you," she told MTV News about the track. "If you listen to the lyrics, it's like being in love with the bad boy all the time, and you keep going back for more."

In "Monster," Gaga says she needs a stable relationship. "I keep falling in love with the monster," she said. "But what I really need is the security and the safety and the womanhood, responsibility of my femininity. And so that's what that song is about."

There. Nothing about rape. Nothing about PTSD.

androiduser

no, and personally I don't think that it is about rape.... it's a song about a toxic relationship... I think fans are too often looking for an even deeper meaning in  Gaga songs...

And about the sexual assault, I remember Gaga saying that the person who raped did not even know that he raped her... so that leads me to believe it was the case of taking advantage of her while she was drunk or on drugs, not being able to say no...

Oriane

No, but as she said, it took her years to realize what had happened to her. What she thought was writing about "fear of sex" was the consequence of what she had been through. I'm sure it references it, even unconsciously. "I wanna just dance but he took me home instead, there was a monster in my bed"

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Bloodyjack

Thank you:hug: I've been telling people even since TFM came out that I think it's about sexual assault/harrasment but no one listened glad someone feels the same way. Now here's a thread if you ask me

TimisaMonster
2 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1627010/lady-gaga-sings-about-loving-something-bad-for-you-on-monster/

"It's the fear of attachment and the fear of loving something that's bad for you," she told MTV News about the track. "If you listen to the lyrics, it's like being in love with the bad boy all the time, and you keep going back for more."

In "Monster," Gaga says she needs a stable relationship. "I keep falling in love with the monster," she said. "But what I really need is the security and the safety and the womanhood, responsibility of my femininity. And so that's what that song is about."

There. Nothing about rape. Nothing about PTSD.

So...John Wayne is Monster 2.0 :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Quartz

It's about a monster cokk that eats brains :lolly:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Archived