Last Friday Night vs. The Edge of Glory  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sax Solo?

• Kenny G in TGIF
    • Clarence Clemons in TEOG

Featured Posts

shame
17 hours ago, NotMyFlop said:

I think both solos are fine, but in my opinion, The Edge Of Glory's fits in better sonically. It makes sense to the production, whereas in TGIF, I think the removal of the saxophone wouldn't disrupt or change the song that  much. Whereas if you were to remove it from The Edge Of Glory, you'd miss the entire mood leading up to the climax of the song. 

If that makes sense. :cryga:

THIS SO MUCH. I think TEOG takes major influence from 80s Springsteen music that featured Clarence's signature saxophone and that's why it fits so well with the whole vibe. It really adds to the sentimental feeling of the song. The 20 second sax solo in TGIF sounds kinda spontaneous and is forgettable at best.

16 hours ago, Fernster7 said:

This comparison is disrespectful to The Edge Of Glory.

tumblr_inline_ntnpnz8O7U1rn4u1r_500.gif

Spoiler

perfection being TEOG :poot::whitney:

14 hours ago, Enigma said:

I feel like everyone knows about the one in TGIF (what does this acronym even mean can someone help me out :poot:) but in TEOG it’s just a nice addition that you don’t think about when the song is mentioned 

TGIF means Thank God It's Friday :poot: 

I'm shook u think that tbh cuz i thought it was the other way around where the 2 second sax solo in Kety's song is the most forgettable. The sax solo in TEOG was even featured in a top 10 list of Best Sax Solos :diane:

12 hours ago, justanothergay said:

Wow what an impartial place to ask this question :awkney:

In all seriousness though, I like the tone of the sax in TEOG more, but I'm not a sax aficionado so it's not like my opinion matters.

Just testing GGD to see if ppl truly have taste :poot:

DSF-Say-It-With-a-Tiffany-Pollard-GIF-se

Btw, your (valid) opinion matters to me sis :kara:

11 hours ago, Alan123 said:

Seriously? :awkney:

tenor.gif?itemid=5385465

angels forever, forever angels

Archived