Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Come To Mama (Father John Misty Demo)

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

Free My Mind

I have no idea why this is such a thing.... Gaga has never misled anyone in terms of this. She has always said of Joanne that it was a much more collaborative album than the rest of hers... Gaga's influence on the final version is very strong anyway..

This release definitely wasn't shade from Father John Misty so to paint it as that is wrong too. 

I don't see how anybody can bring her artistic integrity in to question because of this?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse
10 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Imagine writing 5 records but your fans are disappointed because you didn’t write one song :duck:

@ me bro

How passive aggressive 4 the likes 

Creyk
10 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Imagine writing 5 records but your fans are disappointed because you didn’t write one song :duck:

She also didn't write TIHTY

Saint Laurent

Y'all are crazy, the Joanne version is so different to this...

Writing a song isn't just about writing the words 'come to mama' on a piece of paper. The melody, tempo, arrangement, lyrics, tone, production are all different in some way.

Plus, she doesn't even have the main writing credit :laughga:

8929521_orig.gif

Saint Laurent
15 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Was TIHTY on one of the 5 records mentioned? :huh:

Killa

This song was a waste. With a good kind of producer that knows hits, we could had a production that would make this accessible to the main public. Gaga's version, in my opinion, didn't add that factor. Some parts she managed to make it easier to listen to as good pop artist do it, but the overall production...

Great song

Lextyr97

Idk why y'all are so pressed. Gaga is the only artist that I see talk so much about the people she works with. She verbally gave credit to everyone she worked with on Joanne and I love that about her. Some of y'all also act like she can't write a song because of this lol she has sole writing credit on You and I, and RedOne said Gaga wrote pretty much all of Bad Romance herself. Just Another Day and Speechless have sole writing credit to Gaga as well.

holy scheisse
11 hours ago, androiduser said:

I don't think anyone is disappointed because she didn't write one song, but personally I am disappointed by Gaga's attitude about songwriting and artistic integrity, and then something like this is revealed. And you can bet there are a few more examples we haven't found out about.

And she "produced" Aura, when in reality she just bought the finished instrumental.

Same, this is a rational statement/feeling as a fan all of this time. Also we have been respectfully expressing this so idk why people have to aggressively denounce it in this thread or assume that it's more malicious than it really is. :( 

Miel
9 hours ago, PartySick said:

Personally, I still think it's a possibility that they wrote the song, he recorded a demo, then they worked that demo into the final version that she recorded. I know that's a bit naive and unlikely, but hey, it's a possibility and one that helps me enjoy the song more lol.

8 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Yeah it is naive ^^ 

Gaga is an amazing song writer but she definitely have help for composition and some elements of lyrics to make songs even catchier 

+ We know Kevin Parker gave Illusion to Gaga and FJM wrote CTM before he even met Gaga. Not saying she hasn't made changes tho

It's definitely possible. That's what happened with the MJH instrumental, I think, and it still managed to get into another artists view as a demo instrumental.

7 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

She did change a few lyrics though which is fair to get writing credit for, I like when she was promoting PI she kept saying talking about Kevin Parker being a main writer, she wasn't trying to hide that at all, she was giving credit where credit is due and it was her first single where someone else had written so much and had the initial concept

Yeah, I get curious as to how she credits other writers and producers on songs, or who chooses what, etc.

I know previously, other writers and producers said she would be very generous with writing or producing or engineering credits, even if it was just a small change or addition. With Perfect Illusion, I feel like it's likely she wrote the core of the lyrics and even the melody, but chose to have Kevin Parker as the main writer, as he was the one who created the concept of "Illusion", and likely the original skeleton of the instrumental.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
2 hours ago, Creyk said:

I know she produced the song, but wasn't there also a release of the actual portions that she wrote? It might have been more a ratio than anything.

I'm guessing her writing is more on the actual orchestral/overall musical arrangement than lyrics, for this particular song.

3 points in and ready for more

I always thought that the lyrics to Come To Mama didn’t seem like something Gaga would write. 

monketsharona

We all know Gaga comes with most of her songs she has wrote. But making songs is a collaboration task first. The final songs would not be what they are if producers and writers she worked with weren't in the studio with her. They are not only producing, they are also writing and advicing about composition and lyrics to add / change to make the whole thing better.

I really don't see what is problematic for certain people to see her not being the only one to write and compose... It's not like she was given all her songs and adding one word to get the writing credits.  

17 hours ago, PerfectIllusion said:

"That was way more immersive than the Beyoncé thing. Oh, we were hanging. It was like five in the morning, someone handing me an acoustic guitar and I’m just like, ‘what are hands.’ We had so much fun. Mark [Ronson] – just watching him produce, it was amazing,”

He was referring to Sinners Prayer. 

Has there ever been anything ever said at all about the writing of CTM?

lost in limbo

I never cared about this. Like, I get that to some people it's bad, but like, what matters to me is the quality, not who wrote it or who sung it (right Britney Jean? :stalkga:). There's 13 songs on Joanne. CTM and PI only had a few touches, who cares? She still was the main person behind the other 11 songs. 

Every artist has atleast one song that wasn't written by them or mainly written by others. If you think that hurts Gaga's creativity, then you shouldn't be stanning pop stars.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Archived