Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Why does everyone hate the angel down work tape??

Bloodyjack

Featured Posts

McMonster08

Which everyone? :triggered:

If I remember clearly many liked both equally. The like the work tape for the vocals, they like the final for the instrumentals.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

It's basically an extra bonus thing for the album and shows a glimpse of another take on the song. It's not supposed to be finished. It's supposed to be raw and that's exactly what it is.  I love it. To me, it makes the official version even better somehow. And I don't get the thing about the official version sounding unfinished.  It's complete to my ears. That music box outro is soul shattering if you hear it a certain way.  Maybe I just have great ears.  😉 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Glamourpuss

I prefer it more than the album version. I feel more from it. Like I can feel her emotions. 

Arcanum

The album version even though it is polished is much more touching. The demo (although I prefer it to the album version) feels forced, like she sings to showcase her voice and not about the true message behind the song. Both are heart stopping for my fragile heart.:diane:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Sweet Olive

And what about the forgotten sis Million Reasons (Work Tape)? Poor soul.

However. I sure like Angel Down (Work Tape), her vocals are everything. But sometimes when I listen to the album, hearing again the "same" song after two tracks annoys me, and it feels like there isn't a closure. Idk. Maybe if there was another song after it, like a true closure, it would be different. Otherwise just make a disc2 with all the work tapes.

BlingNotTheMusic

Tbh I don’t see the point on having it twice on the album. I would prefer a different track. Normally skip it when it comes on. 

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

Archived