šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is your Joanne?

Bottleblonde

Featured Posts

None really.Ā 

I have my grandfather whom I love dearly, and have a tattoo for him, but he suffers from Alzheimerā€™s/Dementia and lives in another state, so I donā€™t really see him often.Ā 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cavadour

My mom. She passed away 30 years ago. There's almost not a single day I don't miss her. She was my first friend and teached me to follow my instincts. She always encouraged me to develop my creative skills and above all, she was trusting me no matter what. Her death left a hole in my life, nothing could totally heal. It was and still is my biggest heartbreak. She also had a great voice and her singing trigged my musical skills when I was very young. Her memory is still a vivid source of inspiration. She was italian too. :queenga:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

RadioIsOurs

I literally also haveĀ an aunt that died as a teenager who I never lived to even see. Should I write anĀ album about her??Ā :stalkga:

SwissMonster

My grandfatherĀ :kara:Ā I can relate with 100% of the lyrics... Besides BTW, Joanne is possibly the Gaga song I relate the most with

SwissMonsterĀ®ļø - Creating controversy since 1999

JohnDeWayne

My mom who passed away two years ago after a long battle with cancer. Every time I listen to Joanne I sing along as if I'm singing to my mom. I miss her so much.Ā 

Sweet Olive
4 hours ago, HausOfAmericano said:

My grandfather. He died 3 years before I was born and he has the same name as me. Me and Gaga's situations resemble each other. I feel a huge connection to him like Gaga feels to Joanne even though I've never met him and I get really mad when people poke fun at Gaga's connection to her aunt bc I can relate to her.

It's true that the presence of aĀ relative who passed before your birth can be felt. It's something that define a family, it permeates everything. Even if you have never met him/her it's like you have. Joanne the song (and the whole album), if seen from Gaga's eyes, has this meaning imo. Of course if it's seen from Joe's eyes it talks of lossĀ and broken heart.

Gaga always felt Joanne, and having the same name as her the connection was even stronger.

Sweet Olive
4 hours ago, WhiteShadow90 said:

I feel you... :(:hug:

Mine passed away one year ago as well...It broke my heart...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Death suck.

Sweet Olive
4 hours ago, Bottleblonde said:

It will never be the same, but it will get better. It did with me and my family. It will be okay as long as you don't forget her

It's true, it's slowlyĀ getting better. But I fear time, it's powerful. I will never forget her, but memories are fragile.

Bottleblonde
1 minute ago, Sweet Olive said:

It's true, it's slowlyĀ getting better. But I fear time, it's powerful. I will never forget her, but memories are fragile.

Pass those memories on to everyone you know (or your future children maybe)Ā and it will not be that fragile :)Ā 

Black Aura

weed

I donā€™t have a current Joanne as Iā€™ve never been close toĀ anyone whoā€™s died in my whole life, but if my mom were to dieĀ Iā€™d be down to write an album about itĀ 

AFRODITA

my grandmother who passed 9 years ago, when i was 8 and discovered gaga. throughout the years gaga really helped.

blackthorns

A lot of people have, but the one that matches the story the closest was my mom's brother Jamie. He died well before I was born, and he was really close to my mom-one of her last surviving relatives. Rumor has it that he committed suicide because he was gay in a very homophobic time, but he didn't leave a note so we don't know "why".

That being said there are a lot of deaths in my family, I have only one living grandparent who's currently unwell. My mom is also terminally ill, and so is one of my youngest cousins. For reference, I'm 17-my family is just far from healthy.Ā 

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

My uncle Andy, he had a cowboy hat and everything.

As a kid I remember him being an unusual looking guy, he wore an eye-patch, apparently he had a car crash before I was born and used to work on my grandparents' farm, herding cattle. He wore a cowboy style hat, which I thought was kinda weird.Ā He was unmarried and had no kids, he seemed like a peaceful but solitary man. His house was a small cottage, I never thought it was special when I stayed there once. Overall,Ā he was a good uncle and would even buy me a few special gifts, but we never had a particularly close bond.

When I was in high school, he developed motor neuron's disease and passed away a year later, my grandmother cared for him and he died on the farm he was born in.

Several weeks after his death, stories were revealed to me that shook me to my core:

My grandparents told me travelled the world as a 25 year old, working on ranches across America and Australia. His cowboy hatĀ was a gift from a girlfriend he met out there, and I was told they were both deeply in love,Ā but family responsibilities meant he had to return home, so he wrote her postcards and always had a suitcase packed ready to fly out and be with her. Sadly, we had to inform her of his death. When I visited his house after his death, I realised how beautiful it really was, it was made exactly like the ranch he lived on while abroad, he built from the ground up with these memories in mind.

Another shocking revelation was his eye patch, it resulted from a suicide attempt long ago, not a car crash. People used to stare and judge him, but as kids he loved that we treated him indifferently. He even left me some money to put towards pursuing my ambitions in the future.Ā 

I didn't realise how much of a complex individual he was. Discovering more about his life, I now feel ever so connected to him, and Gaga's Joanne touched me and gives me a reason to live life to the full. It's a real shame I didn't get to know him properly, butĀ I try to make him proud and I hope he's resting peacefully.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Justo

My aunt. Her death in 2005 tore my family apart. My uncle even blamed my mother for her death even though she died of cancer and threatened her. My mom was the only one of my auntā€™s five sisters to take care of her and visit her everyday. My uncle had another wife one week after she had died. He appeared to have been abusive and controlling towards her afterwards. She was my favorite aunt.Ā :(

Archived