opinion

SB51 - What would you change?

TEANUS

Featured Posts

TEANUS

DISCLAIMER - Gaga’s Super Bowl performance was one of the best of all time. It’s one of her best to date. I love the performance and watch it regularly, this thread does not mean I dislike it

As we all know, a little over 13 months ago, one of the, if not the biggest event of Gaga’s career occurred: The Super Bowl 51 Halftime Show Performance

gaga-pepsi-super-bowl.gif

gaga-super-bowl.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She performed some of her biggest hits, ‘Bad Romance’, ‘Born This Way’, ‘Poker Face’, ‘Just Dance’, ‘Telephone’, and introduced ‘Million Reasons’ to the world. 

The performance slayed and revolutionized public position of Gaga to such a position she hadn’t been in nearly a decade. However, is there anything you would change about it? ‘Applause’ and ‘The Edge of Glory’ were arguably snubbed, ‘Telephone’ made a surprising visit, and the appearance of ‘Just Dance’ was abrupt considering it being one of her three number one singles in the US.

Would you change anything about Gaga’s SB51 Performance?

DzNoJ.gif

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

I would have said to hell with the second half, and performed 13 more songs. 

Purr more, hiss less.

ryanripley

i would be there instead of at home

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

derpmonster

Nothing

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster

Ok, maybe before jumping at the end, she could've said, "Free my mind, ARTPOP, you make my heart stop." And jump.

ARTPOP would've trended worldwide and got the GP respect.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Sepsami

Changed Telephone for Applause, the rest is perfect

EDIT: actually wait no keep telephone but fit in applause somewhere? :saladga: idk its so good but I need applause 

Chromatislaps

I would have added Applause, TEOG, Dance In The Dark and Scheisse, and removed the second half of the match

WrvBGhl.jpg

McMonster08

Maybe some very short band breaks before Telephone and Just Dance. I kinda don't like how there's no smooth transitions to those songs like the one from Poker Face to Born This Way

justanothergay

Cut Million Reasons in half and put either the Edge of Glory or You and I in with it, maybe?

Honestly ARTPOP needs love but I don't know where she would've squeezed it in... Gaga has too much good music for 13 minutes.

While we're talking about the performance of the millennium, can we talk about this little detail at like 5:46 with the two drum beats and her perfect steps. Honestly the more I watch the more things I see like this and I'm just so amazed by her. I linked the time

that boy that boy that boy that boy that boy That Boy THAT BOY is a MONSTER

Pop Music

Replace Just Dance with vanity and Replace Poker Face with nothing on but the radio :icega:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

The Child

Honestly I was initially furious with the fact of having zero ARTPOP songs but after thinking about it for a year now, what ARTPOP song would have fitted in there? And since ARTPOP “underperformed”, the GP surely don’t know any of its songs.

I wanted Applause to replace Just Dance but I don’t know, that would have been weird.

For the ones who don’t like Telephone being performed, deal with it, TELEPHONE has to stay, it was entertaining unlike Just Dance.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

PunkTheFunk

I would've removed both halves of the game and just made it the first show of the JWT

3usRqpe.gif

Duella Dvil

I would have replaced the J-J-J JUST DANCE in the intro with A R T P O P to give a nod. Applause instead of telephone.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

ArtGagaPop

The edge of glory on the roof before she jumped. Applause instead of Telephone. But lets be honest, it was perfect as it was :diane:

Archived