Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

Donald Glover/Childish Gambino exposed on Twitter

DiscoStyx

Featured Posts

The Surrealist
14 minutes ago, Florian said:

The only other time she used it was for paparazzi and it was perfectly justified :shrug:

As I said, a wheelchair isn't specific to paralysis and that's why I don't understand why this association is calling her out. Especially that she wasn't adressing paralysis ar all in both performances :shrug:

She used it for the the music video, the paparazzi performance and the mermaid thing.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florian
2 minutes ago, The Surrealist said:

She used it for the the music video, the paparazzi performance and the mermaid thing.

And the three times it was about recovering after an operation :sweat: So where is the offense?

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, Doot said:

She has massacred people in her music videos and you are concerned with her being in a wheelchair for a performance? 

She also performed bald once. Should we raise our social justice flags for all the people in the world who can’t grow hair? :smh:

from stanning the meat dress to "calling her out" for using a wheelchair :icega:

lady gaga is not for the sensitive and we been knew since 2008 :icega:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

sipthistea

I wonder how will this problematic member defend him this time while bashing Gaga? :oprah:

Edit: Oh, wait. He already did.

Retron

That Tumblr is truly garbage. The entry on Amy Poehler slams her for appropriating "Cleopatra iconography".

StrawberryBlond

I've seen far worse problematic stuff and I'm not averse to risque comedy, but it doesn't work well on everyone. You've got to be just the right person to carry it off. But granted, I don't know if I've ever seen one man so obsessed with making rape references. Not saying it's indicative of anything, but it sure concerns me.

6 hours ago, Miel said:

It's unfortunate that the "blackface" incident got the most coverage, considering it was a fairly unfortunate situation.

The rest is pretty cringy, and I think should be looked at fairly critically.

Isn't "gypsy" a slur in particular regions? Like, I know it's used in a fairly derogatory way against Romani people.

She wasn't meant to look black or brown but super tanned, a subtle bash at the culture of tanning which was huge at the time. I may be in the minority when I say this but it doesn't bother me if she wants to wear a burqa or niqab regardless of how she's portraying it. It's just material to someone who's not from that culture. It's not just things from non-white cultures that need to be treated with respect while everyone else is apparently allowed to do whatever they like with elements of white cultures. Something only has a meaning if you give it a meaning and just because you drape a certain fabric over yourself doesn't mean you're intending to look like you're from another culture or disrespecting it. And as for "gypsy" being a slur, I'm so done with this accusation. No one cared about this when other artists made songs with the same title in the past, it's just because Gaga's done it that people want to attach a negative meaning to it. Actually Romanies actually call themselves gypsies as well as Romani or even "Romani gypsy." Also, the title "King of the Gypsies" is a real title carried down through its people. And in Britain, these people refer to themselves as gypsies as well. It's a term that SJWs got hold of and assumed it was a slur because it was where the phrase "getting gypped" came from. As always, ask actual people from the culture and they usually don't have a problem with it, it's just outsiders who do.

Xoxo Adriana

What can I say? It's no surprise he got his Perfect Illusion curse 

giphy.gif

weird he got it earlier than the others, poor little f**k

zakariah

I mean, are we even shocked or surprised at this point? 

It's been clear for years that whohever comes for Gaga will have their due in time, karma is always on Gaga's good side. :firega:

MJHolland
10 hours ago, The Surrealist said:

The only thing that isn't true on the list is the one with the blackface fans. The rest is problematic, but GGD will keep their eyes closed.

Hahaha

Saying tr*nny back when it was still PC and having a song called Gypsy is not the same as saying f*ggot and r*tard and "rape is funny" all the time

We're not turning a blind eye. Gaga has always been a kind person and has always been responsive to things she does that might offend people and she is so incredibly open to change and learning and overcoming her ignorance. 

She is the type of person that turns to the black community and says 'hey guys, I am a white woman with a LOT of privilege and I understand that I do not what to talk over you when we talk about race -- how can I be a good ally and support your movement for equality and amplify YOUR voices?

Gaga has always been a consistent ally. Especially to black people. And for this assh*le to trash her as just another talentless white woman who failed upwards is deplorable. 

Archived