💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Why is Gaga moving away from the center of pop’s universe and why is it ok

Jakub

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

In this thread: people calling other people pathetic by saying they don't know her, but them not knowing her also. :cryga:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

and the outfits, interludes and incorporation of the stage were creative

The interludes were great. The outfits were ok at best, and the stage was used well I guess? That's kinda hard to mess up. Even then, the flower theme during applause and the flames during John Wayne were not cute.

ordinarynam1310

but being all serious, Gaga will keep saying that she's straying away from the pop scence or trying to create something different from the mainstream but deep down she still wants success for her projects. 

She's known for making trends over the weirdest sh*ts. How can she's not feel a little disappointed when her projects create a little to no impact? I think her commercial success kinda makes her doubt herself and force herself to put everything in a pop-spin. Joanne could've a much better if she ditches the pop stuff and makes it a full folk-country album. But still she makes a song about rubbing herself on an album about her late aunt. 

She really can leave pop all behind because that's what she embrace when she first started out, and that what's the GP and her fans expect from her

ryanripley
Just now, heels said:

The interludes were great. The outfits were ok at best, and the stage was used well I guess? That's kinda hard to mess up. Even then, the flower theme during applause and the flames during John Wayne were not cute.

the outfits were great at best :triggered: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Just now, ryanripley said:

Which ones were good

ryanripley
Just now, heels said:

Which ones were good

the just dance one, the alejandro one, the JW one, the bad romance one is incredible and the bloody mary one is just fire :firega: 

Just now, ryanripley said:

the just dance one, the alejandro one, the JW one, the bad romance one is incredible and the bloody mary one is just fire :firega: 

Actually you're right about the JD, BR, and BM ones mess

The JW/Alejandro one was ugly

IAmNotHere1997
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

this one is a total MESS

IMG_2695b.JPG

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, heels said:

Actually you're right about the JD, BR, and BM ones mess

The JW/Alejandro one was ugly

large_008.jpg.50ebfe9ddcc3bbfe9625ad16a8a785bf.jpg

:sure: 

giskardsb
37 minutes ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

But still she makes a song about rubbing herself on an album about her late aunt. 

I keep hearing this dig at the Joanne album but to me it represents a misunderstanding (or just a lazy complaint) of both Joanne and DIC.   Joanne is not just about her dead aunt, that is obvious by the song mix.  It is about a variety of human relationship conditions, love, loss of love, life and loss of life, pain, relationships, longing, etc.   DIC is not ABOUT masturbation, that is an attempt to alleviate the underlying illness, which in this case is longing, lonliness, and desperation.  DIC fits perfectly on Joanne.

The Surrealist
13 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

DIC is not ABOUT masturbation, that is an attempt to alleviate the underlying illness, which in this case is longing, lonliness, and desperation. 

tenor.gif

It's still about masturbation.

ordinarynam1310
49 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

I keep hearing this dig at the Joanne album but to me it represents a misunderstanding (or just a lazy complaint) of both Joanne and DIC.   Joanne is not just about her dead aunt, that is obvious by the song mix.  It is about a variety of human relationship conditions, love, loss of love, life and loss of life, pain, relationships, longing, etc.   DIC is not ABOUT masturbation, that is an attempt to alleviate the underlying illness, which in this case is longing, lonliness, and desperation.  DIC fits perfectly on Joanne.

you can keep making this deep meaning to the song with your own interpretation but still it is what it is, the song is about masturbation. And stop making Joanne deeper than the actual music itself, I mean I love the album but it's not really an album full about her family or everything she claimed it to be. That's fine, what i dont like about it is that I know Gaga IS capable of making a cohesive body of work but she always decide to put a little pop twist even when it's not needed just like on Joanne

ProdigyARTPOP

I just want to know where people get these illogical and irrational fantasies from???

Like how on Earth is that even possible.

From the very beginning Gaga was never truly about pop music. I mean when our queen was starting out she was being compared to Nora Jones. 

So the Joanne era as a whole was a long time coming. I mean even during the ITunes Festival in 2013 she spoke of wanting to take off the wigs and the makeup and showing us her raw side. Joanne was always meant to happen. & at the end of the day, we should be grateful and thankful that she’s been all over the board, because it proves that she’s no one trick pony and that even when she’s 60, she’ll still be able to sing her life away. 

& to end it off, we should be grateful she’s in the music scene altogether. Because she wanted to quit. Stop imposing your fantasies of grandeur and extraness on her. If she wanted to be as huge as she used to be, she would be. She has the blueprint, she damn created it. But she doesn’t because then her health and her life would suffer. So be grateful, be thankful and just enjoy the rollercoaster ride :trollga:

ProdigyARTPOP
7 minutes ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

you can keep making this deep meaning to the song with your own interpretation but still it is what it is, the song is about masturbation. And stop making Joanne deeper than the actual music itself, I mean I love the album but it's not really an album full about her family or everything she claimed it to be. That's fine, what i dont like about it is that I know Gaga IS capable of making a cohesive body of work but she always decide to put a little pop twist even when it's not needed just like on Joanne

Joanne was her most cohesive album to date. From a critical and master perspective. I went to school for music and design. Joanne is actually her most cohesive body of work to date. Every song meshes well with the other and the overall message makes it a personal album.

GagaStefi
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

large_008.jpg.50ebfe9ddcc3bbfe9625ad16a8a785bf.jpg

:sure: 

She looks so good and this photo is so epic.

Archived