• Shakira.

Featured Posts

The Bling

02. HIPS DON’T LIE [8.843]

dusfPW8.png

11s: @EvilRegal

Highest: 10 @Aleks, @BBhomemaker, @Kandy life, @Chiunzhan

Lowest: 7 @The Bling, @Salvador Sequea

I expected this one to snatch, and hell it did. It’s not Shakira’s signature song for nothing :firega:

7 It’s a bop. That’s all that there’s to it. I don’t think it fits with the album, but… it’s a nice change of pace. I live when they sing in Spanish too, it’s… OH IT’S A BOP WHAT THE HELL YAAAS!

@dit: 10 Literally one of the best bops in the history of mankind. I think everyone can agree on this. IT was huge and yet never felt annoying. Something about this song is pure sonic perfection. It hits all the right places in the brain. This song was like scientifically crafted to make u want to dance :selena:

@AndyGa: 9 Bop (first English song I've heard BTW :excited2:)

@Flippy: 8 Super fun but slightly overrated. I still love and enjoy it whenever they play it at the club though! My 12 year old self would be very pleased tbh

@Salvador Sequea: 7 HDL bring me good memories, but the production is awful and doesn't quite fit with the overall mixing of the album.

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bling

01. DON’T BOTHER [9.375]

j411InZ.jpg

11s: @Salvador Sequea, @Aleks, @BBhomemaker

Highest: 10 @Flippy, @DISCOxHEAVEN, @TheShameMonster, @JustifyMyLove, @Kandy life, @dit, @Chiunzhan

Lowest: 5 @EvilRegal

I expected Hips Don’t Lie to win so this one was a surprise. #1 from the very beginning and no other song ever threatened its position!

8 I love how the verses are constantly building up, AND THEN the chorus kicks in! And the bridge! And when she belts out that last ‘CRY’!!! She was pissed in this one too, I love pissed Shakira, she’s real fire.

@Salvador Sequea: 11 Don't Bother is MY JAM, is one of the most underrated songs of her. Coming from a Latin American country none of the songs of this album made the cut to the radio stations, none but HPL.

@Flippy: 10 Same as #2 (Illegal)

@dit: 10 This is a underrated gem. I like the awkward lyrics lol. It is a part of Shakira's english music charm. Just really adore it. It also feels like classic Shakira stuff. I also really like the lyricism in general..its so honest and written in such a raw way. IT feels like she stripped it out of her diary not that she was writing it as a song at first. It is honest...almost too honest. She even admits her own flaws and insecurities in the song and compares herself so much to the "other" girl. I LOVE IT.

@AndyGa: 9 always loved this song

The Bling

And with this ends this ceremony :firega:

I've had such a good time hosting this that I'm dying to repeat it any time soon :excited2: I've grown so close to all of you, even if all I did was copy and paste your names over and over again :wub: Thank you so much for giving this amazing album a chance, revisiting it, etc. Thank you so much, this meant a lot to me :kara: I'm really glad you participated and I hope you had a good time in this ceremony too :hug:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11207-1418289370-4.

Next week I'll start receiving submissions for the megarate that the poll chooses, so stay perchedT :firega: I'd love to have you again :hug::hug::hug:

@The Bling @Salvador Sequea @Aleks @Flippy @Garzilazo @DISCOxHEAVEN @RAMROD @CyanDante @TheShameMonster @EvilRegal @JustifyMyLove @BBhomemaker @Kandy life @AndyGa @dit @Chiunzhan

Spoiler

Sorry you couldn't make it in time @Texas Joanne :cryga: I hope you don't miss the next one :hug:

Flippy

So exciting! Glad Don’t Bother was #1! 

Sad that Illegal was that low tbh... Carlos Santa’s solo was everything! Can’t wait for Fijación Oral V1! 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Chiunzhan
1 hour ago, The Bling said:

04. TIMOR [8.421]

ZpnT4dt.jpg

11s: @The Bling

Highest: 10 @RAMROD, @CyanDante, @TheShameMonster, @EvilRegal, @JustifyMyLove, @dit

Lowest: 1 @Chiunzhan

This song was robbed of a well deserved #2 last moment :triggered: It should’ve been a single too. Well, still Top 5.

11 My favorite from the moment I first listened to this album. I do believe these are the best lyrics Shakira has ever written. They’re so in your face, but so true. And it’s sad that they remain true to this day too. ‘Hearing what we want’s the secret of eternal youth’. Bravo Queen. A perfect closing to the album as well!

@dit: 10 From the lyrics, to the melody, to the instrumentals this song is pure genius. Again another French pop sounding song. This song always invoked something in me even as a kid and I didnt understand anything of this lol. I love how this talks about everyone who is struggling and being forgotten. East Timor is only used as an example or an "umbrella term". She is talking about all the victims of war, poverty etc...It is a criticism on society in general. 

@AndyGa: 9 Nice ride

@Flippy: 6 Too meh for my taste. Nice message but forgettable to me

Oh my God, that was your favorite, now I understand :hug:

We were like the complete opposite about it 

The Bling
1 minute ago, Chiunzhan said:

Oh my God, that was your favorite, now I understand :hug:

We were like the complete opposite about it 

It's OK don't worry, at least it made Top 5 :kara: I think my 11 should've been Costume Makes The Clown :ladyhaha:

Chiunzhan
1 minute ago, The Bling said:

It's OK don't worry, at least it made Top 5 :kara: I think my 11 should've been Costume Makes The Clown :ladyhaha:

Totally! The good sis needed that 11 to go higher in the ranking hahahahaha :cryga:

Salvador Sequea

Thank you so much for including me into this awesome megarate :hug:! It was a lot of fun actually :poot:! Can wait for the next Shakira's albums such Fijación Oral, She Wolf/Loba , Sale El Sol and why not El Dorado?

giphy.gif

The Bling
2 minutes ago, Salvador Sequea said:

Thank you so much for including me into this awesome megarate :hug:! It was a lot of fun actually :poot:! Can wait for the next Shakira's albums such Fijación Oral, She Wolf/Loba , Sale El Sol and why not El Dorado?

giphy.gif

I plan on doing all of them eventually so yeah :hor: we're gonna have a fun year :ladyhaha:

Let's see who wins the poll by the end of the week :reductive:

And thank YOU for participating :cryga::hug:

I wanted to participate, i am Colombian and i grew up listening her, for the next time please include me:wub:, i have all of her albums even the first two albums that flopped.

The Bling
8 hours ago, LDGA said:

I wanted to participate, i am Colombian and i grew up listening her, for the next time please include me:wub:, i have all of her albums even the first two albums that flopped.

Oh I love Peligro :diane: Magia on the other hand... :triggered:

BookmarkedT for the next one don't worry :hug: We'll start in a week

Archived