đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Sam Smith Give Up?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

lost in limbo
1 hour ago, Ronlop said:

Well maybe the definition of "flopping" should be revised because as far as I know, fans here treat "Million Reasons" as if it was one of the biggest hits in 2017. 

So in a Gaga forum, I wouldn't mind comparing just to give proportions. 

why don't you go back to FOTP

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, AndyGa said:

Actually MR was one of the biggest hits of 2017 . Fun fact it's the best selling single of the year by a female in pure sales with about 1.2M pure copies in the US. Grammy nominated song , nearly Ă—2 platinum top 5 hit and performed at the biggest events of the year so yeah it's one of the biggest hits of 2017.

clock haaaa

sipthistea

Remember, he's too good at goodbyes, not too good at keeping it interesting :ladyhaha:

Jk. But in all honesty, I don't see any progression in his work. It's quite boring imo. 

2 hours ago, River said:

He's the first gay that the GP lost interest in

how. Too good at goodbyes is massive worldwide. 16 weeks in top 10 is fantastic. this thread makes no sense to me. 

Edonis
54 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

superbowl, coachella, VSFS, that japanese show, the Grammys, the dive bar tour, AMAs :triggered:

But Melon Raisins once, Melon Raisins twice :triggered:

ryanripley
Just now, Edonis said:

But Melon Raisins once, Melon Raisins twice :triggered:

yah, it was the single :triggered: she had to let ppl know she was back and that was the song that did the best with the GP

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Edonis
15 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

yah, it was the single :triggered: she had to let ppl know she was back and that was the song that did the best with the GP

Fair enough :triggered: But I will forever be bitter that she didn’t showcase the bulk of album on love television like she did with that song :triggered: Other songs deserved way better  :triggered:

ryanripley
Just now, Edonis said:

Fair enough :triggered: But I will forever be bitter that she didn’t showcase the bulk of album on love television like she did with that song :triggered: Orher songs deserved way better than that :triggered:

tru :triggered: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

27 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

how. Too good at goodbyes is massive worldwide. 16 weeks in top 10 is fantastic. this thread makes no sense to me. 

:awkney:

humor honey..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

StrawberryBlond

I have no clue what's going on either. One Last Song didn't take off and I have no idea why. Even its music video has barely any views and likes which is bizarre considering how big his lead single was. And now he doesn't seem to be doing anything to remedy it. It seems like the majority of a singer's budget nowadays goes into promoting their lead single but from there on out, they're on their own. It's mad because there's been plenty of albums out there that haven't started gaining serious success until the third single or later. It pays to stick around and work at it. I get that Sam doesn't want to be overexposed after this mega successful debut but disappearing almost completely is just as bad. I really don't know how he's going to perform for the rest of this era because it doesn't stand a chance of being as big as his debut now, ultimate hype has died for it, except in the UK.

Honestly, I can't stand this new model of not promoting established artists. They need it just as much as anyone else, with very few exceptions. It just seems like they save it all for the MTVs and Grammys these days. The rest of the time is just spent doing their shows or maybe rushing out the next album. I get that new artists need the promo to garner a loyal fanbase but these days, even if you're a big name, if you don't do promo, you're screwed. Unless you're an urban artist, who seem to get much higher streams for some reason.

KyliesChild
3 hours ago, AndyGa said:

Actually MR was one of the biggest hits of 2017 . Fun fact it's the best selling single of the year by a female in pure sales with about 1.2M pure copies in the US. Grammy nominated song , nearly Ă—2 platinum top 5 hit and performed at the biggest events of the year so yeah it's one of the biggest hits of 2017.

Million Reasons wasn't the best selling female song in pure sales, however it was one of. The song being performed at one of the biggest events of the year (in the US) is not an achievement for the song itself. If Million Reasons were to be one of the biggest hits of 2017, it would've at least had longevity and momentum. It went down 17 spots after the SuperBowl. :sweat:  

2 minutes ago, KyliesChild said:

Million Reasons wasn't the best selling female song in pure sales, however it was one of. The song being performed at one of the biggest events of the year (in the US) is not an achievement for the song itself. If Million Reasons were to be one of the biggest hits of 2017, it would've at least had longevity and momentum. It went down 17 spots after the SuperBowl. :sweat:  

It went down on the charts because people only stream for FREE the mumble rappers nowadays. On the other hand Gaga got a top 5 and the money as people bought the song with 1.29$ or even a discount still better than free streaming. Also IT IS the best selling single of the year by a female in pure sales followed by Love On The Brain do your research better than assuming. Plus the Super Bowl is a huge achievement in itself for an artist career so being performed at it and selling 150K that week is an achievement. 

Mario Roberto Flores

Without the superbowl, the most watched show on the planet, Million Reasons, 

Would it have been a success?

Archived