💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

DJ Snake disappointed in working with Gaga

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

monster4life231

He described Gaga as someone with "a strong personality but at the same time, she is one hell of a talented person." DJ Snake also shared a bit of her work ethic: "Lady Gaga is working with a very closed team. She is super professional. What she wants is to bring fresh music. She's the best pop artiste today in terms of creativity and talent. She does not follow the hype, she's the hype."

spread peace - #MJInnocent

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The same way Gaga's salty that she cancelled the duet with Kendrick and Cher?

It is only natural for an artist who have vision of what they want a song to sound feel insulted when their work are edited in certain way that ruin the illusion they want to show with it. I don't think you can fault DJ Snake to feel what he felt.

The Kendrick one was also a little unique in that his team thought she was a little too gay for his image. 

6 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Just saying but he is not the first one who seems a bit bitter after working with her... Maybe she is not that easy as well.. 

Maybe we shouldn't defend her blindly everytime someone is 'criticizing' her... I mean we are not in the studio with her and her team

I’m sure she’s not easy to work with. She’s a shrewd judge of personality and doesn’t take bullshit from people. There’s a reason she generally only works with a specific, tightly-knit group of people. If she was super easy-going she’d be like Beyoncé or Rihanna and likely have more collaborations (that’s not a dig, just saying that their work features many many more people which would lead me to think they’re easier to work with). Gaga, by contrast, must not be very easy and probably likes to feel a strong bond more than anything and you don’t get that with just anyone.

Abramovic
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I compared the instrumental to a canvas because

1. It's the framework of a pop song
2. you can write billions of top lines & melodies on the same instrumental/chord progression
3. contrary to popular belief the frameworks of pop music are not unique and special, they are pretty mundane and conventional

Music in reality is easy math (evidenced by literally 80% of all pop songs having the same chord progression, just modulated through different keys), and for me (just personally) it makes no sense to look at music as some complex god given high art, because it furthers the idea that in order to be moved by it, I must be some some complicated, special person that is only moved by the finest materials, when the reality is that no one is really that special.  We're simple creatures, being moved by simple things. And just because something is simple or understated, doesn't mean it's bad, it can mean quite the opposite.

I agree maybe in some points but music can be complex. Maybe not Gagas work but there are so many other examples if you just look back in history. I also don’t think that the instrumental is just a Framework because it also should react to your voice (vocals) and your voice (vocals) should react with sounds and the rhythm.  It maybe does embrace the vocals but it’s more than that. You use a framework to stabilize pictures and maybe because it looks better with a framework but a lot of pictures  work without a framework. The instrumental sets the first tone and you usually don’t do a song without that. 

And btw I don’t agree that we are simple creatures. Life is not simple, there is no simple creature on this planet. I don’t know why you think this, it makes me sad I have the feeling you see things too superficial. 

DiscoStyx

well that's funny cause I remember like two years ago he said in an interview that the artist he enjoyed working with the most was gaga because she was so demanding and professional... so what is the truth? :oprah:

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
9 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I compared the instrumental to a canvas because

1. It's the framework of a pop song
2. you can write billions of top lines & melodies on the same instrumental/chord progression
3. contrary to popular belief the frameworks of pop music are not unique and special, they are pretty mundane and conventional

Music in reality is easy math (evidenced by literally 80% of all pop songs having the same chord progression, just modulated through different keys), and for me (just personally) it makes no sense to look at music as some complex god given high art, because it furthers the idea that in order to be moved by it, I must be some some complicated, special person that is only moved by the finest materials, when the reality is that no one is really that special.  We're simple creatures, being moved by simple things. And just because something is simple or understated, doesn't mean it's bad, it can mean quite the opposite.

I disagree with almost everything you said. There are 3 parts in a song: the intrumental, the lyrics and the vocals. Those three are on the same level of importance. Without on of ‘em, you can’t do a song. The instrumental aint a canvas at all. It might even be more important that the vocals, and producing a real complex work. 

I´m not naive ,and all that thing about "written by & produced by" is Music Industry´s big secret. 

So we will never know,what really happens when a song takes it´s final cut right before it´s release.

On the other hand,this guy is young visionary,and really talented and he did envolve in GHooker,Applause,DWYW and mostly for me SexxxDreams,some of Gaga´s best songs.

I don´t his visions about that tracks but with or without his visions are still BRILLIANT!

I don´t thing whether it´s Intescope that turns things upside down ,when it comes down to final choices or Gaga though..... 

Inferno
20 hours ago, monketsharona said:

There was a lot of threads about it in 2015 / 2016.

Diane Warren confirmed in an interview she worked with Gaga on writting songs for her upcoming album. Like we know it didn't happen. Giorgio Moroder said Gaga called him to work on LG5, it didn't happen too. Nile Rodgers also talked about him being in the studio and working on songs (and him being able to give her some writings as he wants), it didn't happen. Same goes to Elton John that confirmed writing songs for her album (Room in my Heart is one of them) that didn't happen too...

Where I think you're wrong is in assuming anything they worked on was immediately destined for release. These are all people she was already working with and they probably just felt inspired and decided to collaborate on some music. Just because she didn't use it in whatever her most recent release then was, doesn't mean that what she worked on with them won't be used for a future release. Exactly why they have not leaked and why artists protect their unreleased material.

monketsharona
23 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Where I think you're wrong is in assuming anything they worked on was immediately destined for release. These are all people she was already working with and they probably just felt inspired and decided to collaborate on some music. Just because she didn't use it in whatever her most recent release then was, doesn't mean that what she worked on with them won't be used for a future release. Exactly why they have not leaked and why artists protect their unreleased material.

Well I really really hope you're right ^^ 

But tbh I have the feeling she'll release some of the songs she has done with RedOne on LG6, just a strong feeling, we'll see

Inferno
39 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Well I really really hope you're right ^^ 

But tbh I have the feeling she'll release some of the songs she has done with RedOne on LG6, just a strong feeling, we'll see

Personally I miss RedOne+Gaga, even though I think some fans hate on the possibility of a collab again? I don't really know why. And im not really sure why anyone prefers DJWS. Not to be like a hater but I don't think hes the greatest producer. He doesn't really take Gaga to that level and I dont think hes capable.

monketsharona
21 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Personally I miss RedOne+Gaga, even though I think some fans hate on the possibility of a collab again? I don't really know why. And im not really sure why anyone prefers DJWS. Not to be like a hater but I don't think hes the greatest producer. He doesn't really take Gaga to that level and I dont think hes capable.

I honestly think they both do amazingly good with her (on a different level)... I wouldn't mind having both of them for next album, especially knowing she's celebrating the 10th anniversary of her career this year

GagaUnderYou
On 2018-02-18 at 4:50 PM, monster4life231 said:

He described Gaga as someone with "a strong personality but at the same time, she is one hell of a talented person." DJ Snake also shared a bit of her work ethic: "Lady Gaga is working with a very closed team. She is super professional. What she wants is to bring fresh music. She's the best pop artiste today in terms of creativity and talent. She does not follow the hype, she's the hype."

I'm sure he still thinks this, but he just didn't agree with the changes made during the final stages. It happens. Take Cher & Gaga collab. She didn't like the final edit, but doesn't mean she feels any different about Cher's artistry. He is entitled to feel what he feels. I'm sure all of the producers including Gaga had bigger plans for the success of ARTPOP and it didn't take off how we hoped it would have. 

Archived