Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

So who had better vocal talent?

mzncb

Featured Posts

The Bling

Before or after being signed? Cause young Brit had some pipes :staymad: 

**** her label they ruined every little thing :selena:

But after, Janet. Britney's voice became so unstable and she can't sign while dancing even if her life depended on it :selena: still my queen 

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

I was going into this thread thinking Janet will stomp on Britney, but it turns out that both aren't the most talented when it comes to singing, and I dislike their voices equally. But I have to pick Britney.:awkney:

AlexanderMagno
Just now, Sharyu said:

I was going into this thread thinking Janet will stomp on Britney, but it turns out that both aren't the most talented when it comes to singing, and I dislike their voices equally. But I have to pick Britney.:awkney:

Exactly this. Seeing these videos, both are actually... Kind of bad :awkney: ok probably not bad, but definitely veeery unimpressive. I disliked both before and I still dislike them after hearing them again.

I don't even know, because Britney is clearing trying hard and it's weird. And Janet, if those are "GREAT VOCALS" I'm shook.

I'll answer Britney not exactly for her "vocal talent" but because last year she won some poll about being the most recognisable female voice in music this century (something like that). So, I guess that's something.

Joao Aurelio

Im shoook

Britney and madonna as well simply cant control they're voices, theyre always in the verge on actually out of tune/pitch..

Britney singing is a mess..

Janet has little voice but at least its not completely out there and the breath is coordinated. 

4 hours ago, The Bling said:

Before or after being signed? Cause young Brit had some pipes :staymad: 

The vid was clearly after she got signed. 

And the high note when she's singing 'You Got It All' proves she had more range than Janet.

Anyway, I brought this thread up because, in my opinion, I believe Janet Jackson is the one that deserved all the intense hate Britney has gotten all these years from the public for her lack of talent.

She was always a minimal talent, like Britney, yet much worse than Britney is the fact that Janet got to where she was solely because of nepotism.  That's it.  If her last name was not Jackson she blatantly would have never ever been signed to a record deal.

She also never wrote her songs (Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and her ghostwriting ex-husband Rene Elizondo wrote all her most acclaimed work), never choreographed a routine unlike (Paula Abdul), has barely sung live in her more than three decades and had her voice processed in many of her recordings.

I like Janet as a person but if Britney didn't deserve/earn her success Janet sure as hell didn't either.

http://prince.org/msg/8/409387

Janet has no power to her vocals and it sounds like whispering. I've been to a janet concert and I'm sad to say I wasn't super entertained. Britney's voice is pretty much ruined as of now but she sounded decent before. 

5 hours ago, Stevo said:

Janet has no power to her vocals and it sounds like whispering. I've been to a janet concert and I'm sad to say I wasn't super entertained. Britney's voice is pretty much ruined as of now but she sounded decent before. 

Hence my criticisms of Janet.

If you look at this thread from prince.org, a very knowledgeable music forum, every single criticism that has been thrown at Britney by the general public since 1999 is given to Janet here:

The real reason she never came back from the Super Bowl incident is because of her lack of talent.  Nothing to do with Justin Timberlake.

People keeps saying Lady Gaga sings and dances, why can't Britney?  Why can't Janet?  Why isn't there any pressure against Janet?  She never earned the right to not to be dogged about it.  That's why I'm glad Elton John called her out.

Remember, she only got to where did because of nepotism.  Any of the other Jackson sisters-Latoya or Rebbie could have sang any of Janet's songs.

Janet was as much a vessel for other people's work as Britney.

Joao Aurelio
8 hours ago, mzncb said:

Anyway, I brought this thread up because, in my opinion, I believe Janet Jackson is the one that deserved all the intense hate Britney has gotten all these years from the public for her lack of talent.

She was always a minimal talent, like Britney, yet much worse than Britney is the fact that Janet got to where she was solely because of nepotism.  That's it.  If her last name was not Jackson she blatantly would have never ever been signed to a record deal.

She also never wrote her songs (Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and her ghostwriting ex-husband Rene Elizondo wrote all her most acclaimed work), never choreographed a routine unlike (Paula Abdul), has barely sung live in her more than three decades and had her voice processed in many of her recordings.

I like Janet as a person but if Britney didn't deserve/earn her success Janet sure as hell didn't either.

Sorry but how many records did she had before makin it big? A lot of tries!! Ofc the reason she was succesful was due to terry lewis and jimmy jam.. she was the right vehicle for theyre thing to get popularized into mainstream.

Like if you say thats cause she had a name she could afford those many fails. Well that could apply to whitney as well. And that one had huge talent

And after the new jam revolution janet kept going with new things. People identified with her. She could dance and had a great machine working for her. 

The fact she hasnt recovered is mist likely cause shes lost her fire many many yrs ago.

Sorry but shes much more polished than britney

4 hours ago, Joao Aurelio said:

Sorry but how many records did she had before makin it big? A lot of tries!! Ofc the reason she was succesful was due to terry lewis and jimmy jam.. she was the right vehicle for theyre thing to get popularized into mainstream.

Like if you say thats cause she had a name she could afford those many fails. Well that could apply to whitney as well. And that one had huge talent

And after the new jam revolution janet kept going with new things. People identified with her. She could dance and had a great machine working for her. 

The fact she hasnt recovered is mist likely cause shes lost her fire many many yrs ago.

Sorry but shes much more polished than britney

See that's garbage.  If her last name wasn't Jackson she would never gotten the opportunities she did.  It's very much because of her family connections that Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis came knocking at her door in the first place. 

Papa Joe Jackson brought in A&M executive John Mccain who then recruited Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis for Janet. 

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-01-25/entertainment/ca-5641_1_lewis-and-harris

Janet, with two flop albums, recruited Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis?????

Nepotism is the reason for her success.  Period

Are you trying to tell me if her last name was Johnson she would have had the career she had?  Are you kidding me?

Janet never choreographed her routines either and ALL her number one hits were written by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

She didn't deserve her success any more than Britney did. Period.

2 hours ago, mzncb said:

See that's garbage.  If her last name wasn't Jackson she would never gotten the opportunities she did.  It's very much because of her family connections that Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis came knocking at her door in the first place. 

Papa Joe Jackson brought in A&M executive John Mccain who then recruited Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis for Janet. 

Are you trying to tell me if her last name was Johnson she would have had the career she had?  Are you kidding me?

Janet never choreographed her routines either and ALL her number one hits were written by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

LOL Janet Johnson sounds pretty catchy 

Joao Aurelio
On 17/02/2018 at 6:22 PM, mzncb said:

True but calm down jesus. Both deserved they're careers. Its not like they did nothing. Aguilera would never had the career of a britney, just an example. 

Archived