💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE: Born in the U.S.A. (Bruce Springsteen)

rumours

Featured Posts

Zaskar
8 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

So glad that you are having a good experience (and Dolly is never off-topic ;))!

In terms of recommendations, it really depends on what you are looking for (she's released tons of albums over the years, so I can understanding that her discography can be kind of overwhelming at first to pick from).

Would you like to first hear more of her pop (even disco believe it or not) albums, or are you down to listen some of her country/folk material? Moreover, are you mainly looking for to hear more commercially successful albums or perhaps some hidden gems that the public has been sleeping on?

I have literally listened to her entire discography, so I am willing to help in any way I can:hug:

Thanks a lot, dear!

Yeah, I was surprised to see that she used to release 2-3 albums in a single year :blink:and here we have to wait 2-3 years for a single album from Miss Gaga :(

After listening to that album more and more today, I really want to go deep into her discography, but her discography is really HUGE! Not that that I'm complaining, 'cause the more the merrier :)

Well, I like most of the song on this compilation album I'm listening. I actually like her voice and the melodies she writes, so anything would be fine. Surprised to see that she even experimented with Disco! Truly a versatile queen :classy:

But I would like more of country-folk sound. And commercial success doesn't matter, does it? 

One more thing (I hope I'm not bothering you too much :selena:). There are just too much love songs, and my love life right now is as deserted as Miss Katy's Grammy shelf :selena:, so can you suggest some of her material that talks about different stuff, like Coat of Many Colours (💞💞💞), or 9 to 5, or Tennessee Homesick Blues, or Starting Over Again etc. Even when it's subtle like Old Flames/The Bargain Store, it's good, but songs like I Will Always Love You are unrelatable:cryga:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
2 hours ago, ARPiT said:

Thanks a lot, dear!

Yeah, I was surprised to see that she used to release 2-3 albums in a single year :blink:and here we have to wait 2-3 years for a single album from Miss Gaga :(

After listening to that album more and more today, I really want to go deep into her discography, but her discography is really HUGE! Not that that I'm complaining, 'cause the more the merrier :)

Well, I like most of the song on this compilation album I'm listening. I actually like her voice and the melodies she writes, so anything would be fine. Surprised to see that she even experimented with Disco! Truly a versatile queen :classy:

But I would like more of country-folk sound. And commercial success doesn't matter, does it? 

One more thing (I hope I'm not bothering you too much :selena:). There are just too much love songs, and my love life right now is as deserted as Miss Katy's Grammy shelf :selena:, so can you suggest some of her material that talks about different stuff, like Coat of Many Colours (💞💞💞), or 9 to 5, or Tennessee Homesick Blues, or Starting Over Again etc. Even when it's subtle like Old Flames/The Bargain Store, it's good, but songs like I Will Always Love You are unrelatable:cryga:

Well, I had a great PM that I was gonna send to you with tons of info, but of course GGD froze on me and it got deleted. :triggered:

Nonetheless, I narrowed it down to 6 albums that I would suggest starting with (focused on mainly her country/folk releases not her pop ones). Hope this helps!

Spoiler

1) Coat of Many Colors (1971)

Largely considered on the best female albums of all time, this is a great example of her amazing songwriting. Strongly suggest!

2) My Tennessee Mountain Home (1973)

An auto-biographical concept album that focuses on the hardships her impoverished family faced in the mountains during the mid 20th century. Her songwriting again is top notch, and you'll get to learn a lot about how Dolly views herself as well as her upbringing. Really beautiful album!

3) The Fairest of Them All (1969)

Probably the most obscure pick of the bunch, this album (along with its first single) was banned from being played on country radio due to Dolly talking about teen sex, infidelity, adoption, etc. Moreover, the song "Just the Way I Am" is an early indicator of her career- long advocation for acceptance of all people. 

4) 9 to 5 (1980)

Less country than anything else on the list, 9 to 5 (associated with the famous film she starred in) is a concept album where she talks about workers in various capacities in society. A very good (probably more "bopable" if you will) album.

5) Hungry Again (1998)

So, this album was released right after Nashville Music Execs/Radio Programmers verbatim told her that she was no longer relevant in country music. She fasted in the mountains, and came back with this album as one last attempt to get country music to love her again. While the ageist country music establishment largely ignored the album, it stands as one of her absolute bests.

6) Little Sparrow (2001)

After Hungry Again, Dolly released a string of albums that brought her even closer to her roots. One of these albums was "Little Sparrow",  a cohesive concept album that explores much of the roots/Celtic influences from her childhood. The result is a stunning, Grammy-winning project that ended up being one of her most critically-acclaimed projects ever.  

Those listed are in no particular order. There are so many albums I had to leave out (even many great Country albums), but I figured I should condense it down so you'd have a place to start from. :wub: I figured just included 20 albums would be a little overwhelming lol:ladyhaha:

rumours

@MarlonBrando7 @Jus @malazam @DaftFameMonster @Danny Milk @GovHooker @kihlophix@Punktious @Ronk @PunkTheFunk @GypsyBabe @KyliesChild @GypsyHeartGaga@BBhomemaker @highongaga @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians  @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea @that juju @Edge of Fame @fayecuntaway @blackcoffee @Kandy life @badgirlmeat  @ssslyboy@gabrielflorin01@ryanripley @kihlophix @GaGaSwift

Hi :kara:

This is just another reminder about the megarate. Due date for submissions is approaching quickly (March 14th):excited2:.

Moreover, the ceremony will be taking place the same week (I will provide a specific day/time VERY soon).

PunkTheFunk
11 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

This is just another reminder about the megarate. Due date for submissions is approaching quickly (March 14th):excited2:.

It's coming I promise :pray: Plus I've always wanted to listen to this album so this is the perfect chance :poot: If I don't do it by Monday night DM me 

rumours
4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It's coming I promise :pray: Plus I've always wanted to listen to this album so this is the perfect chance :poot: If I don't do it by Monday night DM me 

Will do :hug:

rumours

@calmar@datlastfam @EvilRegal @MarlonBrando7@warholagaga@The Louvre@Jus @DaftFameMonster @ARPiT @ThaFame @Danny Milk @GovHooker @kihlophix@Punktious @Ronk @PunkTheFunk @GypsyBabe @KyliesChild @Oriane @GypsyHeartGaga@BBhomemaker @highongaga @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians @Jeroen Bloeming @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea@memomemome@slayo@that juju @Edge of Fame @fayecuntaway @blackcoffee @Kandy life @badgirlmeat @That J @ssslyboy@gabrielflorin01@ryanripley @TheShameMonster @kihlophix @GaGaSwift @kyanewest

Hello everyone. This message is to announce the date/time of the ceremony. 

The ceremony will take place on Thursday March 15th at 2:30PM EDT/11:30AM PDT/6:30PM UTC.

giphy.gif

Moreover, just another reminder that the rates themselves (if you haven't sent them yet) are due Wednesday March 14th.:kara:

Hope you'll be able to make it to the ceremony! :)

rumours
3 hours ago, Ronk said:

Should be able to rate it tomorrow.

Watch 6:33 into this: 

and this performance:

https://rutube.ru/video/85019d10590b9690ee0518b42b938927/

I have never watched this interview of her before. Such a great story about the connection between her and Springsteen. I really think that’s gonna make this megarate super special, knowing that she has such a connection with him:wub: 

Ronk
17 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

I have never watched this interview of her before. Such a great story about the connection between her and Springsteen. I really think that’s gonna make this megarate super special, knowing that she has such a connection with him:wub: 

There was another interview where she said she and her father are the biggest Springsteen fans ever.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours
16 minutes ago, Ronk said:

There was another interview where she said she and her father are the biggest Springsteen fans ever.

I’d love to hear her sing Jungleland. :giveup:

rumours

@MarlonBrando7 @Jus @malazam @DaftFameMonster @Danny Milk @GovHooker @kihlophix @Ronk  @GypsyBabe @KyliesChild @GypsyHeartGaga@BBhomemaker @highongaga @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians  @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea @that juju @Edge of Fame @fayecuntaway @blackcoffee @Kandy life @badgirlmeat  @ssslyboy@gabrielflorin01@ryanripley @kihlophix @GaGaSwift

Hey Everyone!:)

This is a reminder to those whom haven't yet submitted that ratings are due anytime tomorrow (March 14th):excited2:

Moreover, please refer to my previous post (or the OP) regarding the exact time for the ceremony on March 15th.

- @Rumours1977

Ronk

Oh come ON, not another album impossible to rate because there are no fillers!  How am I supposed to choose between perfect songs?   You do this every time, with your album choices.

Anyway, I sent mine in.  :)

Listen to 2:35 into this:

I live outside the space time continuum.

KyliesChild

Ok I have time tomorrow to finish my rates. Remind me again tomorrow please. 

rumours
2 hours ago, KyliesChild said:

Ok I have time tomorrow to finish my rates. Remind me again tomorrow please. 

Will do :)

Archived