opinion

Was the fanbase too young for Joanne ?

Oriane

Featured Posts

FameHookah
On 11/2/2018 at 1:32 PM, The Bling said:

It seems like a big part of this fanbase only wants to bop their asses :derpga:

nCGb8vb.gif

i bop ma bussy to JW DIC PI AYO and Diamond Heart tho ;v its a great album (the second half is really boring tho)

idk if age is the problem i'm 26 btw

WTF is MDNA

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob Marley

I fully expect the next album to be a bit of a course correction. Not so much an album of solely pop bobs, but a mix.

That aside - I loved Joanne. It was well written and well composed. I’m 24 years old and I related to almost every song on the record. The issue that she ran into with the album, however, was walking the razor thin line between creating a relatable album and an uber-personal manifesto. She got bogged down in it, just like she did on ARTPOP. 

While I don’t think the music suffered from this, the most polarizing aspect of the album/era did: the visuals. The visuals were white noise, and she knew that. She discussed it in 5’2”. Audiences watch music videos for one of two reasons: 1.) To escape or 2.) To finds ourselves in the video. That’s what people didn’t connect with - the music can standalone without the back story. The videos could not.

The Bling
4 hours ago, FameHookah said:

i bop ma bussy to JW DIC PI AYO and Diamond Heart tho ;v its a great album (the second half is really boring tho)

idk if age is the problem i'm 26 btw

As long as you can appreciate the other songs as well you're fine :hor: Im 19 btw :whitney:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

I had a thought yesterday that I think she messed up the order of songs on Joanne. If you listen to TFM, BTW, and ARTPOP, they start and end on songs that set up and finish a journey of the album theme. Joanne ends with Angel Down (excluding the bonus songs), which I think is probably the weakest song on Joanne. I just don't connect it very well to Gaga/Joanne. I also don't think it ends the journey of Joanne very well and feels like a filler track. I personally think she should've started Joanne with PI and ended it with DH. We start the album feeling Gaga's pain and end it feeling empowered. 

I used to think that the concept of the album was a bit odd to me, an album titled Joanne who is her aunt who she never met before or any of us know about, and that she thinks that Joanne lives through her Idk it’s a bit of a strange one to me, even Gagas Grandma in 5ft2 was like HUN this happened a very long time ago It’s fine :selena:.  I also never got why Dancing In Circles was anything to do with Joanne at all but hey hey it’s a BOP. But I do love the album it’s beautiful. And Infact Joanne is one of my favourites of the album. I know some friends who aren’t really big fans who said that it’s helped them get through a tough time with one of their family members passing. So it’s good that it speaks to people in that way. I understand it more now tho after going to The Joanne world tour. :rockstar:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Pamelaisley

I lost my aunt a year and a month after Joanne came out and my dad only 7 months after Joanne's release. My best friend of 9 years didn't want me in his life anymore a few months before Joanne came out. I'm only 18. 

I thought of my best friend when I heard Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons for the first time.
I can't help but think of my father and aunt when I hear "and I'll still love you even if I can't see you anymore." After my aunt died, I realized that she was my Joanne.

Personally, I don't think Joanne is that country sounding. There's a bunch of different sounds on this album, and yes some are country influenced, but I love that Gaga changes with each album! I love that her team lets her get creative.  

On 2/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, Secret said:

Joanne resonates with me. I mean, I’m only 18, but it really healed my soul when this summer one of my best friend died in a car accident. I think it is more about what you’ve gone through than your age. I love bops and bangers but really, some songs on Joanne go beyond that. It speask volumes to me: ‘I’ll still love you even if I can’t see you anymore’❤️

Yes!!!! Wow I read this after I wrote my comment. This is really great and I have to agree with you on the part that I bolded. I've been through so much in my 18 years and it's weird to think someone older than me might have not had those same experiences. I love Gaga's bops too but she always has those songs that just get me crying each time!!! 

the moon lights her way 🌖🦇

Archived