💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was the fanbase too young for Joanne ?

Oriane

Featured Posts

Her fans, causal listeners and even the radios were expecting a pop album full of bops, and Joanne was the complete opposite.  It’s a good album, just not the GP’s cup of tea except for MR. 

If the fan base was too young for Joanne, then explain the 5/6 year old that was dancing and singing along to every word (yes, even to JW and DIC :selena:) next to me at the JWT :toofunny: 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
1 hour ago, Doot said:

Gaga is an excellent and clever lyricist when she wants to be. People talk sh*t about her lyrics on The Fame when they remain to this day some of her best. This site currently consists of a large number of new fans who came into the fold with Joanne and like to talk sh*t about everything that came before.

The Queen shows that her lyrics can be as abstract and innovative like no other  

That’s actually the perfect word to describe her lyricism: clever. 

Again, I’m not hating on her in any way. I think she is overall a pretty ok/good lyricist. Perhaps, I should clarify that my definition of “excellent” are those whom are known for lyricism (I.e. legends). Would I ever say Gaga is the caliber of a Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Dolly Parton, Bruce Springsteen, etc. when it comes to songwriting? No. 

The Queen does have a good message, though. 

lost in limbo

I'm 14 and I can relate to Joanne so much, so no, it's not an age thing.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Darcklighter22

i'm 27 and no I loved the album. But your talking about an artist who got her peak from making electronic dance music.....there's your answer :awkney:

moonboywow

I think people need to just stop being so uptight about changes in sounds. Like I have massively drifted away from the American pop world and I’m now more interested in Kpop. Why? Because there’s always new concepts and sounds from my favorite groups and solo idols. I don’t think Joanne was “too old” for fans at all. It’s just a stupid reaction that some fans have just because it wasn’t ~poker face pop~

Pop Music

I don't wanna get too emotional but i'm gonna be very raw. I am 16 years old and i'll be 17 in 2 weeks. When I was 12 my dad passed away from a aneurysm and it tore me apart inside. Then over the next 2 years I watched my mom dive into an alcohol addiction and then in 2014 she passed away. I now live with my stepdad and we have a very happy little family. But with both ARTPOP and Joanne gaga helped me get through my pain. I used to listen to ARTPOP every day after school  for hours for almost a year straight crying because I missed my dad and I was heavily bullied. I did the same when my mom passed away. You really don't understand Joanne fully until you've lost someone and can heavily relate to the themes and concepts of the wonderfully crafted era.  This album got me to come to terms with both of their deaths and "move on" and come to peace in a sense. This is why I love gaga so much. She saved my life from my intense pain and suffering I went through from 2012-2016. 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

There is nothing like a "Mature Fanbase", if most LM did not like Joanne was because they expected something more pop, instead she gave us something more country. Still if you wait for a fanbase to become "old" or to become "mature", girl you will die waiting.

Cavadour

So sorry to read you and for your loss @GaGaSwift and at the same time happy you found solace in Gaga's music. It's such a pity to lose your parents so young...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Pop Music
5 minutes ago, Cavadour said:

So sorry to read you and for your loss @GaGaSwift and at the same time happy you found solace in Gaga's music. It's such a pity to lose your parents so young...

Thank you so much monster :wub::hug:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Lord Temptation

People always get upset when they expect Gaga to repeat herself :saladga:

Newsflash hunties: She never has and she never will :icega:

RAMROD

I am not sure age is the reason here actually. Many just want quick bops from a pop artist which is very limiting tbh. And as for Gaga, it is even more ironic and hypocritical. Since many of their fans are person of LGBTQ and does not want to be labeled. Yet, they put Gaga in a box on what a pop artist should do with their career and music.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

8 hours ago, River said:

Most of the fanbase were around 18 years old when JD was released and now they are almost 30 and above..

Polls in GGD can't show the real average of age because 30+ people don't use forums anymore..

Hi from a 30 year old :stalkga:

blackthorns

I certainly agree with you, but with that being said I'm a baby at 17 and I become a fan because of it, so

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

Glamourpuss
6 hours ago, NicoK said:

It really gets me tired of adults thinking teenagers/young adults are not mentally ready for Joanne! Like what? That has nothing to do with the age! I know you (@pussyglam) said that there are mature ones. But your speaking about it as this are exceptions. No there are MANY young people like me struggeling with those problems, especially in this fanbase! It gets me tired (not just here) to see adults treat us (I am 19) as little kids ONLY living for the Bops and Mainstream media! I loved Joanne and feel it cause many things happened in my life. But I don’t agree that you have to experience the things to love the album! You can love it anyways and it don’t depends on the age AT ALL... Stop it!

Its nothing against you personally. I just don’t agree with what you said

I understand. But I was thinking of the youth who care more for charts and bops. It's great that there are exceptions who can appreciate Joanne. I didn't meant to generalise. I know if I was much younger I wouldn't appreciate it, I would be saying where are the bops? :toofunny:

Archived