đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was the fanbase too young for Joanne ?

Oriane

Featured Posts

Didymus

Hmm.. I don't know, the lyrics on those serious songs aren't that mature or hard to understand when you're young :icega: And god knows we can relate better to songs like DH, A-Yo, JW, DiC etc. :cryga:

In fact, an era where it really was a problem imo was The Fame lol :ladyhaha: She went all retro and used references that young people of current generations simply don't know. Now she stopped with all that. So no, I actually think it's easier for young people to relate to her now.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gagadonna said:

You don't have to have experienced something to understand and appreciate it. 

Of course you don’t! But in a difficult time it would always help me feel better 

25 minutes ago, Benji said:

I don’t think age has anything to do with it, it’s a different sound from her and the fan base wasn’t built on that sound.

THIS! Also I believe those who became fans during/after ARTPOP weren’t aware of Gaga being the type of artist to always change her soundofmusic.mp3 so Joanne probably caught them off guard as well as the GP and monsters. 

PrincessDiez

I love joanne,even though it's the least relatable album of hers for me

Ofc it has everything to do with the fact that I'm 16 lol

Cobyy

rumours

It could also be partially due to the music people grow up with. It may just be hard for people to connect with an album if it isn’t comfortable for them sonically. Look at Cheek to Cheek as another example. Many songs on that album are considered national treasures, but many Little Monsters seem to not like that style of music (their loss imo). 

8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Hmm.. I don't know, the lyrics on those serious songs aren't that mature or hard to understand when you're young :icega: And god knows we can relate better to songs like DH, JW, DiC etc. :cryga:

In fact, an era where it really was a problem imo was The Fame lol :ladyhaha: She went all retro and used references that young people of current generations simply don't know. Now she stopped with all that. So no, I actually think it's easier for young people to relate to her now.

Yeah, Gaga has never been a great lyricist in my opinion. From a lyrical perspective, Gaga’s best album is honestly Cheek to Cheek... and that’s cause she didn’t write any of it (no shade). 

SHALLOW

I mean, i sure don’t like the concept. 

I’m not very connected to my family, i really don’t care about it.

But i still love Joanne and it’s my second favourite album cause it’s full of bops and the quality is really good. 

SHALLOW
15 minutes ago, KING said:

THIS! Also I believe those who became fans during/after ARTPOP weren’t aware of Gaga being the type of artist to always change her soundofmusic.mp3 so Joanne probably caught them off guard as well as the GP and monsters. 

I became a fan after ARTPOP and i was very aware of it, in fact to me ARTPOP it’s her biggest change after Joanne.

PrincessDiez
8 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

It could also be partially due to the music people grow up with. It may just be hard for people to connect with an album if it isn’t comfortable for them sonically. Look at Cheek to Cheek as another example. Many songs on that album are considered national treasures, but many Little Monsters seem to not like that style of music (their loss imo). 

Yeah, Gaga has never been a great lyricist in my opinion. From a lyrical perspective, Gaga’s best album is honestly Cheek to Cheek... and that’s cause she didn’t write any of it (no shade). 

Where's the exscuse me no button when u need it smh

Cobyy

rumours
2 minutes ago, PrincessDiez said:

Where's the exscuse me no button when u need it smh

Okay, so what exactly do you disagree with in my previous post? 

Cello

I'm 23 and Joanne relates to me in a number of ways :happy: The only album I suppose that didn't resonate with me immediately was BTW, but I love it too now. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Archived