other

Steven Universe

Quartz

Featured Posts

Quartz
7 hours ago, Killa said:

This hyped me.

Luv ha to death

Bops and really musical tony worthy moments.

Whts this!!??? I need to watch it asap

Omg bro it's never too late to join the broniverse :) stick out the first 15 episodes and you'll be addicted from 16 onward. These videos BARELY scratch the surface of Steven Universe. Like what other cartoon has youtube channels and podcasts dedicated to the lore of the show? Nothing. This is not a cartoon, this is a phenomenon :cryga:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, hellothing said:

OMG WHITE!!! WHY IS NO ONE FREAKING OUT?????

I flipped when I saw both White Pearl and White Diamond yesterday. :air: It was so worth it trying to avoid spoilers till the episode was out. :laughga:

Their concepts were unprecedented. Most fanarts that depicted both of them were FAR from the actual thing. Nobody could have known White Diamond would have a light bulb for a head. :emma:And back then, White Diamond was under the impression of having this grandmother-ly like persona by most people, but instead she emits this haunting, eerie, passive-aggressive demeanor that the thought of approaching her would shake even the likes of Yellow Diamond down to her boots.

And can we talk about White Pearl? I have SO MANY questions about this gem, although just by looking at her, I'm pretty sure y'all do to too. :flop:  The crewniverse are trying to foreshadow something with her cracked eye, and this isn't the first time they're referencing a missing eye. (see Steven's one-eyed cat, Eyeball, Connie).

Honestly, I have no idea where this show is going from this point on. They made White Diamond this terrifying imagery of a perfect villain but then again, most of us never foresaw Pink would fake her shattering so literally anything could happen!

We already have the titles for the upcoming episodes which are Familiar, Together Alone, and Escapism.

Tbh I smell another hiatus. :poot:

Quartz
1 hour ago, Lagg said:

I flipped when I saw both White Pearl and White Diamond yesterday. :air: It was so worth it trying to avoid spoilers till the episode was out. :laughga:

Their concepts were unprecedented. Most fanarts that depicted both of them were FAR from the actual thing. Nobody could have known White Diamond would have a light bulb for a head. :emma:And back then, White Diamond was under the impression of having this grandmother-ly like persona by most people, but instead she emits this haunting, eerie, passive-aggressive demeanor that the thought of approaching her would shake even the likes of Yellow Diamond down to her boots.

And can we talk about White Pearl? I have SO MANY questions about this gem, although just by looking at her, I'm pretty sure y'all do to too. :flop:  The crewniverse are trying to foreshadow something with her cracked eye, and this isn't the first time they're referencing a missing eye. (see Steven's one-eyed cat, Eyeball, Connie).

Honestly, I have no idea where this show is going from this point on. They made White Diamond this terrifying imagery of a perfect villain but then again, most of us never foresaw Pink would fake her shattering so literally anything could happen!

We already have the titles for the upcoming episodes which are Familiar, Together Alone, and Escapism.

Tbh I smell another hiatus. :poot:

Please no more hiatuses! I have this crazy theory that that was NOT the real present day White Diamond. That way she talked was like how a recording/projection would talk. It was too robotic. If she isn't, then yikes, we have a psychopath in our hands. I am honestly freaking out. She seems like a perfect monster.mp3. You know what might happen though, she might be so psychopathic that she might separate pink diamond from steven. Now THAT'S scary.

And bro, fans have a reason to believe that White's pearl was originally Pink's and vice versa. Look at their gem placement. It should follow the gem placement of their masters.

58 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Please no more hiatuses! I have this crazy theory that that was NOT the real present day White Diamond. That way she talked was like how a recording/projection would talk. It was too robotic. If she isn't, then yikes, we have a psychopath in our hands. I am honestly freaking out. She seems like a perfect monster.mp3. You know what might happen though, she might be so psychopathic that she might separate pink diamond from steven. Now THAT'S scary.

And bro, fans have a reason to believe that White's pearl was originally Pink's and vice versa. Look at their gem placement. It should follow the gem placement of their masters.

White Pearl intrigued me the most.

Just like the majority of us, I also genuinely believe that Pink and White Diamond swapped their pearls, but not solely because of their gem placement. Our Pearl was given to Pink Diamond as a gift as this was stated in "Now we're only falling apart", and I've read in an artbook I saw in reddit a few months ago that a "more sensible Pearl" was delivered to Pink. Now that alone would say a lot about the original Pink Pearl. Its worth considering that the Pearls' personalities are reflective of the Diamonds they serve. This is obvious if we look at Blue and Yellow Pearl. But then we have White Pearl, or theoretically Pink Pearl, and our Pearl, who's theoretically White Diamond's Pearl. We know Pink Diamond is a childish, reckless character to begin with, and it can be said the same with Pink Pearl.

Here comes the crazy part.

Spoiler

I just read its been confirmed that White Diamond has an abusive relationship with White Pearl. We can obviously see this with the crack on her face. But what's creepy is that, gems' physical attributes are only mere light projections. Any faults on their body would only be caused by a crack on their gem, but if we take a look at White Pearl's pearl, its completely unscathed. If White Diamond damaged a ****ing LIGHT PROJECTION, that says a hell lot about what she is capable of. :wtfga: A theory was made that White Pearl has been brainwashed or mind controlled by her Diamond. We're already aware of the Diamond's powers with Yellow affecting the physical attributes while Blue with the emotional state. And I think, like a lot of people already do, White Diamond's powers has something to do with a gem's mentality. If White Pearl was indeed Pink Pearl, then it could only mean she had similar personality traits as Pink Diamond, which is a HUGE mismatch with White Diamond's if you ask me. Pearls are PROGRAMMED to obey their Diamond's orders, and White Pearl, being originally Pink Pearl, hypothetically used to be as stubborn as Pink Diamond, and White Diamond can't indulge herself with that kind of b*llshit, which is probably why she resorted to mind control. I'm not sure if this was mentioned before (probably is), but White Pearl losing her pink color, losing her original hue resulting in a grayscale color, must be a symptom of White Diamond's mind control. She is completely stripped off of her personality and individuality, an empty shell where her Diamond controls her like a puppet. No wonder she speaks robotically and has the same voice actress as White Diamond instead of DeeDee like the other Pearls. This is my take on why White Diamond is a ****ing brute to White Pearl.

In the recent episode, its important to note that our Pearl spoke out first about how different White Diamond is from the rest of them. She wouldn't have known unless she had served under her before. Seriously, the writers just can't live without at least one line of foreshadowing in each episodes, huh? :poot: 

And I have an idea (this time its not something I thought of on my own :flop: ), why you would think White Diamond speaks like a pre-recorded voice. If White Diamond's concept is all about the mind, then she's probably talking to Pink Diamond's gem, which is objectively in an inactive status. This is probably why she completely ignored Steven 'cause she was talking to Pink Diamond herself.

Spoiler

And can we talk about how she treated Pink Diamond's shenanigans, from the rebellion up to Steven's birth, a ****ing game? Like her design is already terrifying as it is, but to undervalue a 6000 year conflict just like that? hoo boi :air:

You're probably on to something when you said White will strip out Steven's gem. We know that its not possible for now 'cause Steven has to be poofed for that to happen but he's organic. But if White Diamond was able to make a number on White Pearl's projection, then she might have the omnipotent to either remove the gem without any problems, or she could be a heartless psychopath with no concern to Steven's life and take it the messier way. :gum:

Spoiler

I did not intend this post to be this long i swear i wrote this in less than 10 minutes :air::air::air:

Quartz
1 hour ago, Lagg said:

White Pearl intrigued me the most.

Just like the majority of us, I also genuinely believe that Pink and White Diamond swapped their pearls, but not solely because of their gem placement. Our Pearl was given to Pink Diamond as a gift as this was stated in "Now we're only falling apart", and I've read in an artbook I saw in reddit a few months ago that a "more sensible Pearl" was delivered to Pink. Now that alone would say a lot about the original Pink Pearl. Its worth considering that the Pearls' personalities are reflective of the Diamonds they serve. This is obvious if we look at Blue and Yellow Pearl. But then we have White Pearl, or theoretically Pink Pearl, and our Pearl, who's theoretically White Diamond's Pearl. We know Pink Diamond is a childish, reckless character to begin with, and it can be said the same with Pink Pearl.

Here comes the crazy part.

Reveal hidden contents

I just read its been confirmed that White Diamond has an abusive relationship with White Pearl. We can obviously see this with the crack on her face. But what's creepy is that, gems' physical attributes are only mere light projections. Any faults on their body would only be caused by a crack on their gem, but if we take a look at White Pearl's pearl, its completely unscathed. If White Diamond damaged a ****ing LIGHT PROJECTION, that says a hell lot about what she is capable of. :wtfga: A theory was made that White Pearl has been brainwashed or mind controlled by her Diamond. We're already aware of the Diamond's powers with Yellow affecting the physical attributes while Blue with the emotional state. And I think, like a lot of people already do, White Diamond's powers has something to do with a gem's mentality. If White Pearl was indeed Pink Pearl, then it could only mean she had similar personality traits as Pink Diamond, which is a HUGE mismatch with White Diamond's if you ask me. Pearls are PROGRAMMED to obey their Diamond's orders, and White Pearl, being originally Pink Pearl, hypothetically used to be as stubborn as Pink Diamond, and White Diamond can't indulge herself with that kind of b*llshit, which is probably why she resorted to mind control. I'm not sure if this was mentioned before (probably is), but White Pearl losing her pink color, losing her original hue resulting in a grayscale color, must be a symptom of White Diamond's mind control. She is completely stripped off of her personality and individuality, an empty shell where her Diamond controls her like a puppet. No wonder she speaks robotically and has the same voice actress as White Diamond instead of DeeDee like the other Pearls. This is my take on why White Diamond is a ****ing brute to White Pearl.

In the recent episode, its important to note that our Pearl spoke out first about how different White Diamond is from the rest of them. She wouldn't have known unless she had served under her before. Seriously, the writers just can't live without at least one line of foreshadowing in each episodes, huh? :poot: 

And I have an idea (this time its not something I thought of on my own :flop: ), why you would think White Diamond speaks like a pre-recorded voice. If White Diamond's concept is all about the mind, then she's probably talking to Pink Diamond's gem, which is objectively in an inactive status. This is probably why she completely ignored Steven 'cause she was talking to Pink Diamond herself.

Hide contents

And can we talk about how she treated Pink Diamond's shenanigans, from the rebellion up to Steven's birth, a ****ing game? Like her design is already terrifying as it is, but to undervalue a 6000 year conflict just like that? hoo boi :air:

You're probably on to something when you said White will strip out Steven's gem. We know that its not possible for now 'cause Steven has to be poofed for that to happen but he's organic. But if White Diamond was able to make a number on White Pearl's projection, then she might have the omnipotent to either remove the gem without any problems, or she could be a heartless psychopath with no concern to Steven's life and take it the messier way. :gum:

Hide contents

I did not intend this post to be this long i swear i wrote this in less than 10 minutes :air::air::air:

Only Steven Universe can inspire a plethora of theories from a single episode :laughga:

I know the theories you're talking about. I watch Crystal Clear and Otaku's channel on youtube on the daily :) and it is freaky that she can damage a light projection. I really have a strong suspicion that White isn't as she is being shown. It's too... Easy, don't you think?

I think the overarching theme from now on is Steven saving not only earth, but the gems. I think there is a big threat that has the power to end ALL life in the universe, and White is involved somehow.

I mean this is just theory land for now, but where do we go from here? There are no more antagonists now 🐖

1 hour ago, hellothing said:

Only Steven Universe can inspire a plethora of theories from a single episode :laughga:

I know the theories you're talking about. I watch Crystal Clear and Otaku's channel on youtube on the daily :) and it is freaky that she can damage a light projection. I really have a strong suspicion that White isn't as she is being shown. It's too... Easy, don't you think?

I think the overarching theme from now on is Steven saving not only earth, but the gems. I think there is a big threat that has the power to end ALL life in the universe, and White is involved somehow.

I mean this is just theory land for now, but where do we go from here? There are no more antagonists now 🐖

I keep forgetting to subscribe to them. :laughga: I'll check those out maybe there are some things that I've missed. :) I was just putting the pieces together from what I saw on reddit. :sweat:

Yeah, in spite of her befitting persona as a villain, it is indeed too easy in a narrative stand point. She just has this haunting vibe and may objectively be a brute to her pearl, but I never actually thought of her as a direct threat to the protagonists even before her big reveal. 

At this point, I don't have a god damn clue what to expect next. But according to the same source that I read about White Pearl and White Diamond's relationship, the next few episodes will blow us away. 

Quartz
13 hours ago, Lagg said:

I keep forgetting to subscribe to them. :laughga: I'll check those out maybe there are some things that I've missed. :) I was just putting the pieces together from what I saw on reddit. :sweat:

Yeah, in spite of her befitting persona as a villain, it is indeed too easy in a narrative stand point. She just has this haunting vibe and may objectively be a brute to her pearl, but I never actually thought of her as a direct threat to the protagonists even before her big reveal. 

At this point, I don't have a god damn clue what to expect next. But according to the same source that I read about White Pearl and White Diamond's relationship, the next few episodes will blow us away. 

Dude, when will we get the next episodes though?? Huhu this is like waiting for the DWUW video. There's even this leak that there is a diamond fusion called a BLACK diamond. But I didn't delve too much into it as it is a legit leak. I want to wait for the actual reveal. UGH this is too much

9 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Dude, when will we get the next episodes though?? Huhu this is like waiting for the DWUW video. There's even this leak that there is a diamond fusion called a BLACK diamond. But I didn't delve too much into it as it is a legit leak. I want to wait for the actual reveal. UGH this is too much

You can't compare it to DWUW video if it never actually arrived. :poot:

Be strong, my friend. :cryga: We've been through worse hiatuses before. :cryga: This is nothing. :cryga:

Quartz
13 minutes ago, Lagg said:

You can't compare it to DWUW video if it never actually arrived. :poot:

Be strong, my friend. :cryga: We've been through worse hiatuses before. :cryga: This is nothing. :cryga:

I'm trying :selena:

Problem is I started late when I can binge. Now I have to wait weeks for 10 minutes more of the story. Steven Universe, I hate you for making me love you so much :selena:

12 minutes ago, hellothing said:

I'm trying :selena:

Problem is I started late when I can binge. Now I have to wait weeks for 10 minutes more of the story. Steven Universe, I hate you for making me love you so much :selena:

Blame CN for the shoddy scheduling. :neyde: I swear if only the Crewniverse have control over the schedules, we wouldn't have to worry about any mid-season hiatus. :selena:

Quartz
3 minutes ago, Lagg said:

Blame CN for the shoddy scheduling. :neyde: I swear if only the Crewniverse have control over the schedules, we wouldn't have to worry about any mid-season hiatus. :selena:

It's annoying that they're prioritising Teen Titans Go. But I can't really blame them. They're a dying TV network in the internet age. I just hope that they just release Steven Universe with a regular schedule on their website instead. If they're so concerned about ad money, they can place ads inside the webisodes. Cartoon Network is a mess. But I can't get too mad. Their cartoons as of late has been kicking ass, Steven Universe included.

lost in limbo

Honestly, I'm just hyped for what's to come. AFTER SO MUCH TIME, WE FINALLY HAVE WHITE DIAMOND. I saw reactors watching the episode and I was expecting screams, chaos, panic and while there was shock, everyone was just...too calm. I watched the episode at 2 AM and I was trying so hard not to scream, I was euphoric inside, I jus found it weird.

Also, as much as I loved WD and I'm really curious about more of her backstory and future actions, I'm actually more curious about WP's backstory and future. I definitely believe in the Pearl swap theory and I can't wait for more SU episodes.

As for the future hiatus, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's basically been confirmed the hiatus between the Wanted event and the Steven Bomb 7 was because of the movie's production, and even if the hiatus is long (obviously not as long as the previously mentioned hiatus), the SU fandom is still good compared to other shows. I mean, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil had an hiatus of 10 months (!!!), while the Wanted/Steven Bomb 7 hiatus was 6-7 months and now SVTFOE is only coming back in 2019 (mind you, the series went on hiatus in April).

So yeah, messy scheduling aside, SU hiatuses are not that hard as people make it out to be.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Quartz
On 7/30/2018 at 11:52 PM, lost in limbo said:

Honestly, I'm just hyped for what's to come. AFTER SO MUCH TIME, WE FINALLY HAVE WHITE DIAMOND. I saw reactors watching the episode and I was expecting screams, chaos, panic and while there was shock, everyone was just...too calm. I watched the episode at 2 AM and I was trying so hard not to scream, I was euphoric inside, I jus found it weird.

Also, as much as I loved WD and I'm really curious about more of her backstory and future actions, I'm actually more curious about WP's backstory and future. I definitely believe in the Pearl swap theory and I can't wait for more SU episodes.

As for the future hiatus, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's basically been confirmed the hiatus between the Wanted event and the Steven Bomb 7 was because of the movie's production, and even if the hiatus is long (obviously not as long as the previously mentioned hiatus), the SU fandom is still good compared to other shows. I mean, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil had an hiatus of 10 months (!!!), while the Wanted/Steven Bomb 7 hiatus was 6-7 months and now SVTFOE is only coming back in 2019 (mind you, the series went on hiatus in April).

So yeah, messy scheduling aside, SU hiatuses are not that hard as people make it out to be.

Waiting a whole month for a 10 minute episode is already torture, let alone 7 :selena: At this rate, American Horror Story, A Star Is Born, and LG6 would be released before we see new Steven Universe :laughga:

I am INTRIGUED as to where the story will take us after White's introduction. Also, there's this theory that White IS Homeworld. And she's like God who just existed forever.

I do want to see an episode where it shows how Rose Quartz got pregnant. That would be bomb :trollga:

• 4 months later...
lost in limbo

Anyone still here that has thoughts on the new episode lmao?

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Archived