šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Twitter Tears Troye Sivan on SNL Apart

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, ctherainbow said:

I've listened to all of them, hunty, I'm a huge Robyn fan. Ā Her live vocals are around as strong as Troye's. Ā Didn't say she doesn't have better technique, but to say Robyn has strong vocals is like saying I'm straight. Ā It's just not realistic. Ā  :rip:Ā 

Not saying that sheā€™s a strong vocalist :poot:Ā just that sheā€™s better than Troye

But lets just both agree their no GagaĀ when it comes to vocalsĀ 

Ā 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RainingOnMe
12 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Is cuz he went peak gay on primetime and i said this in other threads before, people are OK woth gay people as long as they are masculin enough

This has nothing to do with the fact that the performance was awful. :toofunny: Stop trying to make it about something that it simply isn't.Ā 

RAMROD
Just now, ItsTommyBitch said:

Not to derail this thread, but this isn'tĀ accurate...

Born to Die came out in January, 2012, and the hype and acclaim behind Video Games, then Born to Die and her persona and appeal carried that album to be one of the best selling albums of the year globally. It established her fanbase pretty solidly around the world.Ā 

Lana was never supposed to be a "made for radio" pop star, she told Jimmy Lovine this when she signed. She performed on SNL in early 2012. Summertime Sadness the Cedric remix officially "Came out" in July 2013, long after.

Ā 

Ā 

LDR was only popular betweenĀ tumblr tweens, her SNL tainted her debut, and only after the remix she is getting that recognition, then came the H&M collab then the soundtracks.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

RadioIsOurs

Don't you know? Straight men hateĀ looking at sexually expressive men, let alone a gay one.

raginchristians

He was so nervous in MyĀ³ poor babyĀ :giveup:

Listen to him singing the good side later in the show and see him redeem himselfĀ :poot:

he/they

Edonis

It was a tad cringe and his voice was a mess,Ā but do a few negative tweets about his performance really garner a ā€œTwitter tears him apartā€ thread?Ā 

Edit: never mind, the snatching is happening :madge:Ā 

Arturo

Not gonna watch theĀ performance bc Iā€™m trying to keep the ā€œnever heard a Troy Sivan songā€ streak going

LetsGetHigh
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Not gonna watch theĀ performance bc Iā€™m trying to keep the ā€œnever heard a Troy Sivan songā€ streak going

I mean I've heard like one but why is this so me? :air:

LetsGetHigh

Haven't watched the performance and won't, but this reminds me of Lana's performance. Her backlash was muuuuuch bigger though but look at her now!

hoeslay

He actually did good! His adlibs were messy and yeah it's talk-singy at times but u can tell he's really enjoying himself and having a great time. Not everyone's cup of tea but definitely decent. 7/10.Ā 

Clarence

eh. it was ok. he's obviously not the strongest singer but not the worst either. but I feel like torn apart is overexaggerating a little. Ive see way more good comments than bad. and lets not forget gaga even got some negative comments when she did snl ayo (I'm assuming they're deaf :poot: )

EDIT: his 2nd performance was actually pretty good. yall definitely overexaggerating.

EDIT 2: so after some further research, Ive learned that 92% of the "twitter tears troye apart" is coming from this thread. so whats teaĀ :triggered:

GoldenPonyboy
20 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

This has nothing to do with the fact that the performance was awful. :toofunny: Stop trying to make it about something that it simply isn't.Ā 

Dont tell me this was worse than any other popular performer out there topping the charts. The performance was not the best but the hateĀ is amplified by the fact that he is a feminine gay man. I thought he was good considering that he started not too long ago.Ā 

RainingOnMe
1 minute ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Dont tell me this was worse than any other popular performer out there topping the charts. The performance was not the best but the hateĀ is amplified by the fact that he is a feminine gay man. I thought he was good considering that he started not too long ago.Ā 

Troye is well privileged for beingĀ gay. He's received countless awards, has millions of fans, and has had many hits.Ā He is not receiving this backlash for being sexually expressive, it was just awful.Ā 

SychosSoChic

I mean I don't like the song. I love Troye but I just can't. And I did cringe a little not gonna lie :emma:

His vocals are not there, don't try and tell me otherwise. It was a weak performance. And honestly, not very different from his usual gigs :shrug:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived