meh SNL backlash only made Lana and the 1975 bigger so it's not a bad thing

haven't seen it yet but I can only assume it's because his huntyness came out

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

meh SNL backlash only made Lana bigger so it's not a bad thing

Summertime Sadness remix did, without it she might have face the same fate that Ashlee Simpson had

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

41 minutes ago, GaGaSwift said:

I just watched it. He was everything. Wig flew honestly. But his hunty fully came out so idk if the trump supporters are ok with it

Trump supporters don’t watch SNL :ladyhaha:

RainingOnMe

It was honestly so bad. Troye is slightly annoying as a person and his voice is incredibly weak. He uses way too many writers for his work for my taste.

ctherainbow

I mean, other than that train wreck of an ad-lib in the middle, it wasn't that bad.

The dancing was awkward, but ya'll stan Lorde.

His vocals have always been on the weak and whispery end of things, but ya'll stan Robyn.

:classy: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

4 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

I mean, other than that train wreck of an ad-lib in the middle, it wasn't that bad.

The dancing was awkward, but ya'll stan Lorde.

His vocals have always been on the weak and whispery end of things, but ya'll stan Robyn.

:classy: 

Robyn is MILES better of a singer than Troye :smh: Listen to Dancing on my Own, Hang with Me, Do it Again. Troye is the male Selena when it comes to vocals 

actsleazy
1 minute ago, TheShameMonster said:

overrated twinkpop sensation :lana:

giphy.gif

i read this like black jesus amen fashion :poot::selena:

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

GoldenPonyboy

Is cuz he went peak gay on primetime and i said this in other threads before, people are OK woth gay people as long as they are masculin enough

I agree it wasn't the best performance. Not terrible, but looking back his performances of youth are soo much better. Excited to see his performance of the good side tho! 

don't ask me how or why

7 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Is cuz he went peak gay on primetime and i said this in other threads before, people are OK woth gay people as long as they are masculin enough

Oh Lord, ofc everything has to be homophobic because a gay person is being criticized :awkney: None of these people even mentioned this "peak gay"ness? I'm pretty sure his poor vocal performance and awkward dancing abilities most likely factored into their judgment.

angels forever, forever angels

ctherainbow
6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Robyn is MILES better of a singer than Troye :smh: Listen to Dancing on my Own, Hang with Me, Do it Again. Troye is the male Selena when it comes to vocals 

I've listened to all of them, hunty, I'm a huge Robyn fan.  Her live vocals are around as strong as Troye's.  Didn't say she doesn't have better technique, but to say Robyn has strong vocals is like saying I'm straight.  It's just not realistic.   :rip: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

ItsTommyBitch
14 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Summertime Sadness remix did, without it she might have face the same fate that Ashlee Simpson had

Not to derail this thread, but this isn't accurate...

Born to Die came out in January, 2012, and the hype and acclaim behind Video Games, then Born to Die and her persona and appeal carried that album to be one of the best selling albums of the year globally. It established her fanbase pretty solidly around the world. 

Lana was never supposed to be a "made for radio" pop star, she told Jimmy Lovine this when she signed. She performed on SNL in early 2012. Summertime Sadness the Cedric remix officially "Came out" in July 2013, long after.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived