💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Best and worst music of 2017 - add your own

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Don’t use the multi quote feature if you’re gonna type so much. It is spam at this point honestly. 

Idk what attitude I have or what that has to do with likes. 

I don’t actually think the Grammys or Oscars are racist at all, but nice assumption lol.

When you click on your notification, you are directed to the exact point where you are quoted, so what's with that complaint? Don't tell me you're so lazy you can't scroll down? And this response is right at the top so you have no excuse this time.

I mean that you waltz around being extremely judgemental to others in so many posts, including me and yet you get rewarded with likes by the same group of followers. Let's just say when I bring the attitude, it doesn't exactly win me friends.

Hmm, I thought I once saw you say something about it. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else.

18 hours ago, Whispering said:

Don't know why I was tagged in this? :shrug:

TBH, real life was way too busy last year for me to keep up with music much. 

Also, I got a new car with a Sirius XM trial and I've been enjoying stations outside of current music. 

I don't know why some of you are acting so confused. I'm trying to keep this thread going for as long as possible (the one last year barely got any replies), so I just tagged everyone who I thought might be interested in such a topic, first and foremost. As I've seen you post in quite a few music threads, it seemed apt. I also know you like a lot of Taylor's music and you're used to me being critical of her, so I wanted to see how you might react to me putting all her music on the best list this year. Do you even wonder why we've run into so many arguments before? Because you and some others (you know who I'm talking about, seeing as you sure like all the negative comments they aim at me) act so hostile whenever I attempt to speak to you. Can't we ever have a polite, civil, neutral conversation? I've said a few times recently: if I give out politeness, I expect to get it back.

18 hours ago, Whispering said:

I think you weren't the one who tagged me. 

And that's not the reason she gave to someone else.

He got it right, though. And it's not the same reason because I didn't have the same reasons for tagging everyone. What's the problem with just ignoring a tagging notification if you're not interested? I do it all the time. But no, you had to enter to ask why you thought I was worthy of your attention. The fact that you act so surprised that I'd even talk to you shows how much you and your cronies look down your noses at me and think you're better than me.

15 hours ago, bostonGUY said:

Dua Lipa was the best thing to happen to 2017 how dare you pay her dust

New Rules deserved song of the year tbh

I think she's very mediocre. New Rules grew on me, admittedly, but still not good enough to make any best of lists. One inclusion on the worst list isn't that bad, when you consider how much I slammed the likes of Future, Migos, Nelly and NERD with 3 or more inclusions on the worst list. But my opinion isn't law, feel free to make your own list.

12 hours ago, saturn said:

I mean they're not really "critiques" more like opinions based on my own taste, not saying your list is wrong or anything. I choose the singles I added from wikipedia's 2017 singles list so I imagined some might not have been accurate. Bhad Bhabie has a bad attitude yes but she is very creative and talented in my opinion. Ed and Tay's albums don't deserve 3/5 imo

I think some of those singles that appear on that list are submitted when a song merely becomes a promotional single. Back in the day, promo singles got official videos but they're too expensive now, so unless it's an official single, I see no point in including them, especially as some artists have 3 or even 4 promo singles sometimes. Bhad Bhabie, I at least give props to for writing her own material, which is impressive for a 14 year old, even if she sings stuff that's inappropriate and inaccurate for her age (she was even behind the wheel of a car in I Got It!) I mean, there's artists well into their 30's and older who still get their work written for them, so a 14 year old with an attitude could easily be happy enough to have her work ghostwritten, so good for her putting her money where her mouth is, at least. 3/5 is an ok score but it's not good enough to get into my list of my most favourite albums of all time. You have to get at least 3.5/5 for that, citing it as above average (which is still very low, but so few bodies of work are three-quarters good that I have to cut back). Just to give an idea of how my scores mean. 2017 was a bad year. There's usually more above average albums than this.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
19 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

When you click on your notification, you are directed to the exact point where you are quoted, so what's with that complaint? Don't tell me you're so lazy you can't scroll down? And this response is right at the top so you have no excuse this time.

I mean that you waltz around being extremely judgemental to others in so many posts, including me and yet you get rewarded with likes by the same group of followers. Let's just say when I bring the attitude, it doesn't exactly win me friends.

Hmm, I thought I once saw you say something about it. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else.

I don't know why some of you are acting so confused. I'm trying to keep this thread going for as long as possible (the one last year barely got any replies), so I just tagged everyone who I thought might be interested in such a topic, first and foremost. As I've seen you post in quite a few music threads, it seemed apt. I also know you like a lot of Taylor's music and you're used to me being critical of her, so I wanted to see how you might react to me putting all her music on the best list this year. Do you even wonder why we've run into so many arguments before? Because you and some others (you know who I'm talking about, seeing as you sure like all the negative comments they aim at me) act so hostile whenever I attempt to speak to you. Can't we ever have a polite, civil, neutral conversation? I've said a few times recently: if I give out politeness, I expect to get it back.

He got it right, though. And it's not the same reason because I didn't have the same reasons for tagging everyone. What's the problem with just ignoring a tagging notification if you're not interested? I do it all the time. But no, you had to enter to ask why you thought I was worthy of your attention. The fact that you act so surprised that I'd even talk to you shows how much you and your cronies look down your noses at me and think you're better than me.

I think she's very mediocre. New Rules grew on me, admittedly, but still not good enough to make any best of lists. One inclusion on the worst list isn't that bad, when you consider how much I slammed the likes of Future, Migos, Nelly and NERD with 3 or more inclusions on the worst list. But my opinion isn't law, feel free to make your own list.

I think some of those singles that appear on that list are submitted when a song merely becomes a promotional single. Back in the day, promo singles got official videos but they're too expensive now, so unless it's an official single, I see no point in including them, especially as some artists have 3 or even 4 promo singles sometimes. Bhad Bhabie, I at least give props to for writing her own material, which is impressive for a 14 year old, even if she sings stuff that's inappropriate and inaccurate for her age (she was even behind the wheel of a car in I Got It!) I mean, there's artists well into their 30's and older who still get their work written for them, so a 14 year old with an attitude could easily be happy enough to have her work ghostwritten, so good for her putting her money where her mouth is, at least. 3/5 is an ok score but it's not good enough to get into my list of my most favourite albums of all time. You have to get at least 3.5/5 for that, citing it as above average (which is still very low, but so few bodies of work are three-quarters good that I have to cut back). Just to give an idea of how my scores mean. 2017 was a bad year. There's usually more above average albums than this.

It bothers me to have to quote your entire post to 20 people. It just looks messy. Not because I have to scroll. Plus it creates unnecessary space on a page. 

My attitude towards YOU probably. I’m nice to most members here and most are great people. 

Whispering
32 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

It bothers me to have to quote your entire post to 20 people. It just looks messy. Not because I have to scroll. Plus it creates unnecessary space on a page. 

My attitude towards YOU probably. I’m nice to most members here and most are great people. 

Same here. I try to erase the parts that don't pertain to me, but it's a pain to do on mobile. I've asked to not get the half page post several times. That's why I just quoted you instead, lol. That...and you are one of my "cronies". :) 

Blackout19

Calvin Harris feat. Frank Ocean & Migos - Slide .. in the worst list? :ladyhaha:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

StrawberryBlond
38 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

You just delete the other parts, it's not hard to do. You're complaining over nothing.

I've seen you be nasty to others as well. Though i seem to notice that you're weirdly more willing to accept controversial opinions when they don't come from me. I bet your new signature is aimed at the likes of me. Shows how little you know. :nails:

13 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Same here. I try to erase the parts that don't pertain to me, but it's a pain to do on mobile. I've asked to not get the half page post several times. That's why I just quoted you instead, lol. That...and you are one of my "cronies". :) 

I didn't know you were on mobile. And even if I was, it's not my first thought or my responsibility to change things because of what device people are using. I bet you'd say the same thing to me if I was the one saying this. The whole world doesn't revolve around you. What do you expect me to do? Reply to every quote with a different post each time? That's a dreadful waste of space and would be intentional double posting.  The multi quote function is there for a reason and as this is my thread, most of the posts here are in a response to me, so of course I'll do all the replies at once. If you can't deal with it on mobile, wait until you can access it on a computer.

Cuchulainn

Gotta be honest. I don’t know 95% of these songs :ladyhaha:. My drive to work consists mostly of listening to the classical station. 

@StrawberryBlond You can only try so hard. It’s obvious some people are just trolling you because they know it riles you up. There was no need for that attitude in a music review thread and I’m sorry for derailing it a bit as well :kara:

I do agree with Praying being a great song! Such a great comeback single :) 

Morphine Prince
56 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You just delete the other parts, it's not hard to do. You're complaining over nothing.

I've seen you be nasty to others as well. Though i seem to notice that you're weirdly more willing to accept controversial opinions when they don't come from me. I bet your new signature is aimed at the likes of me. Shows how little you know. :nails:

I didn't know you were on mobile. And even if I was, it's not my first thought or my responsibility to change things because of what device people are using. I bet you'd say the same thing to me if I was the one saying this. The whole world doesn't revolve around you. What do you expect me to do? Reply to every quote with a different post each time? That's a dreadful waste of space and would be intentional double posting.  The multi quote function is there for a reason and as this is my thread, most of the posts here are in a response to me, so of course I'll do all the replies at once. If you can't deal with it on mobile, wait until you can access it on a computer.

It’s a pain on mobile. Multi quote is great with maybe 2 or 3 short posts. However you type a lot so we’re just suggesting you make conversations much easier on everyone on the site. 

I’m “nasty” if provoked. I am overwhelmingly nice to people on this site. 

I’ve had that signature for months and it’s one of those “if the shoe fits” statements. 

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

Gotta be honest. I don’t know 95% of these songs :ladyhaha:. My drive to work consists mostly of listening to the classical station. 

@StrawberryBlond You can only try so hard. It’s obvious some people are just trolling you because they know it riles you up. There was no need for that attitude in a music review thread and I’m sorry for derailing it a bit as well :kara:

I do agree with Praying being a great song! Such a great comeback single :) 

Yeah, if you don't listen to modern music, they'll be pretty much lost on you. YouTube has made listening to music so much easier that I listen to every new song these days, though. I think it's great to find so much music that isn't promoted where I live. I cry my eyes out whenever I listen to Tin Man. It's a shame such a beautiful song is only marketed to country music fans as the genre is just so polarising.

It's ok, I appreciate you defending me.

38 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

It’s a pain on mobile. Multi quote is great with maybe 2 or 3 short posts. However you type a lot so we’re just suggesting you make conversations much easier on everyone on the site. 

I’m “nasty” if provoked. I am overwhelmingly nice to people on this site. 

I’ve had that signature for months and it’s one of those “if the shoe fits” statements.

My replies to you have been very short, there's not much more I can do.

I'm nasty if provoked as well. If you didn't say what you did about me, we'd be fine.

I'm just saying that such a political quote on a pop forum signature is a bit confrontational.

Morphine Prince
29 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yeah, if you don't listen to modern music, they'll be pretty much lost on you. YouTube has made listening to music so much easier that I listen to every new song these days, though. I think it's great to find so much music that isn't promoted where I live. I cry my eyes out whenever I listen to Tin Man. It's a shame such a beautiful song is only marketed to country music fans as the genre is just so polarising.

It's ok, I appreciate you defending me.

My replies to you have been very short, there's not much more I can do.

I'm nasty if provoked as well. If you didn't say what you did about me, we'd be fine.

I'm just saying that such a political quote on a pop forum signature is a bit confrontational.

Actually there is, but you won’t listen so whatever. 

I said what I said :shrug: 

It’s only confrontational if you feel it bothers you. It’s a nice quote imo. 

Whispering
3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

It’s only confrontational if you feel it bothers you. It’s a nice quote imo. 

I like the quote and noticed it months ago. It reminds me of Trump and his "I'm the least racist person you'll ever meet" BS. :toofunny:

:smh: at someone trying to tell you what kind of signature you should have. 

Ooops...just realized I have a political statement under my username. Oh noooes! 

Morphine Prince
9 minutes ago, Whispering said:

I like the quote and noticed it months ago. It reminds me of Trump and his "I'm the least racist person you'll ever meet" BS. :toofunny:

:smh: at someone trying to tell you what kind of signature you should have. 

Ooops...just realized I have a political statement under my username. Oh noooes! 

As if GGD is apolitical :smh: 

We’ve all been on this site for years and politics are discussed very frequently. People participate in the World News section quite often. 

And actually it’s more of a social commentary than politics lol. 

Guess I should change it back to my old sig to be less “confrontational” :smh: 

Whispering
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

As if GGD is apolitical :smh: 

We’ve all been on this site for years and politics are discussed very frequently. People participate in the World News section quite often. 

And actually it’s more of a social commentary than politics lol. 

Guess I should change it back to my old sig to be less “confrontational” :smh: 

Yeah, the majority of my comments on this site are in the World News Section or revolve around social politics somehow. 

Some of us gravitate to those sections. They are obviously available because there is a group of members here who are interested in discussing those topics. 

StrawberryBlond

@Morphine Prince and @Whispering, please stop derailing my thread with off-topic discussion. Morphine, I'm not trying to tell you what you should put in your signature, just offering my opinion on it. I think it's a true quote, just that it seems to be accusing the person who's reading it, even if they're not guilty of it. And Whispering, less of the sarcastic, shady comments and talking about me as if I'm not here. You two really need to chill out and realise that if you're civil with me, we wouldn't have to argue all the time.

Morphine Prince
17 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

@Morphine Prince and @Whispering, please stop derailing my thread with off-topic discussion. Morphine, I'm not trying to tell you what you should put in your signature, just offering my opinion on it. I think it's a true quote, just that it seems to be accusing the person who's reading it, even if they're not guilty of it. And Whispering, less of the sarcastic, shady comments and talking about me as if I'm not here. You two really need to chill out and realise that if you're civil with me, we wouldn't have to argue all the time.

You tagged us, you responded to us. You derailed your own thread. 

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

You tagged us, you responded to us. You derailed your own thread.

But you responded with hostility, so I had to defend myself, right? Stop putting all the blame on me and take some responsibility for your rudeness.

Archived