💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

CEO of Capitol about Katy: "We have a plan"

OBEY

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
36 minutes ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Because she used Witness era to say all the stuff that she held back for years!

No one forced her to do it, but she said that she wasn't feeling the "Katy Perry" vibe anymore, that she is no longer comfortable in acting that way and singing songs like that

So if she goes back to that / it will be clear why she is doing it..

I thought you were talking about her very early stuff.

If she goes back to acoustic, she'll actually go back to Katherin stuff.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, WitnessEye said:

Witness was a flop only because It's real pop album, and you all know what is popular today on the charts. Pop culture is dead, even Taylor Swift flopped with reputation. Imagine The Fame or Teenage Dream being released in 2017. Everyone would hate it, and thats the tea

MESS!!!!!

everyone would hate the fame or teenage dream in 2018 because those albums already existed. You can’t use that argument because the reason we are in a hip hop era is because of how much the pop era before it dominated. If there were no great pop eras in 2009 and beyond there would be room for them now. 

You don’t get to ignore history and it’s role in the present just because your fave isn’t doing well

i medici

Wow this is disgusting. I get that succes can be a big part, but it should never be the biggest. You're an artist, you make art and thats something personal. So make stuff you like an promote it. The word "plan" makes me so sick and mad.:saladga:

GagaMyBlood95
31 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I thought you were talking about her very early stuff.

If she goes back to acoustic, she'll actually go back to Katherin stuff.

Oh no, for sure not. I would love if she went back to acoustic and hopefully she will do something at least similar to that

holy scheisse

Y'all are crazy lol a simple black wig will not rewind her back to her old success... I mean Gaga revived the blonde bang for ARTPOP and...

KyliesChild
1 hour ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Because she used Witness era to say all the stuff that she held back for years!

No one forced her to do it, but she said that she wasn't feeling the "Katy Perry" vibe anymore, that she is no longer comfortable in acting that way and singing songs like that

So if she goes back to that / it will be clear why she is doing it..

I completely understand where you are coming from. This era wouldn't have underperformed as much if she was not influenced by our current political climate during the beginning of the era. Chained to the Rhythm was supposed to be about how the corporations and system we are currently in manipulate us using distractions. It was definitely one of her most abstract concepts to date, however she contradicted herself throughout the rest of the era by partaking in the system she criticized initially. That bewildered the GP, which is one of the many reasons why she underperformed this era.  

It was so refreshing to see her open up—even though the way she chose to do so was contrived. 

Anderson123

People are saying she "Flopped" like she was ignored by the whole world and trashed to death. Come on, it wasn't even that bad. Of course if we compare it to Teenage Dream, her singles were not that successful and charts are different today than they were back in 2010-11. She's not selling albums like Adele but then again who else does this? It's a hip hop dominated market and her album was not something people were here for.

GagaMyBlood95
29 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

I completely understand where you are coming from. This era wouldn't have underperformed as much if she was not influenced by our current political climate during the beginning of the era. Chained to the Rhythm was supposed to be about how the corporations and system we are currently in manipulate us using distractions. It was definitely one of her most abstract concepts to date, however she contradicted herself throughout the rest of the era by partaking in the system she criticized initially. That bewildered the GP, which is one of the many reasons why she underperformed this era.  

It was so refreshing to see her open up—even though the way she chose to do so was contrived. 

This this this!

She should have stayed consistent from the beginning till the end because she was very passionate about her change initially. But after her underperformance (first the singles and then the album itself) she quickly again accepted and did all of those things she said she wasn't feeling like doing before.

So that's just a shame for her as an artist you know..

MaryJaneHolland
44 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Y'all are crazy lol a simple black with will not rewind her back to her old success... I mean Gaga received the blonde bang for ARTPOP and...

What even...? :rip: 

22 hours ago, TheWitness said:

Maybe do For songs similar to Dark Horse / E.T as people might warm to those the most

BA/SS may not be that close but they definitely follow that same route where it's somewhat trying to target the hip hop audience in a way. However it still flopped.

MonsterJay
On 1/12/2018 at 11:21 AM, Phaye Monster said:

I do hope things turn around for her. Witness wasn’t a bad album and she gets a lot of unnecessary hate for it. 

Just please don’t let this ‘plan’ be more music videos with old memes

I agree!!

Witness is actually a decent album (this is coming from someone whos usually negatively bias against Katy).

*Bops to witness and CTTR* 

3 hours ago, Skai Jackson said:

Does the GP even analyze songs like that? It’s literally just people in forums and stan Twitter that put that much thought forward into the meaning of a Katy Perry song. 

I personally think the GP listens to a song and maybe occasionally watches a video, and makes the determination whether or not they like it, and that’s it.

It also doesn’t help that the music that is distributed to mass markets are done so based on spin deals set up by labels. The radio format literally plays the GP like sheep. 

How many times have we proven that “request” lines are fake when we’d have thousands of monsters requesting the current single, and then the radio stations don’t play it despite us visually being able to see we had the most votes?

KyliesChild
16 minutes ago, Doot said:

Does the GP even analyze songs like that? It’s literally just people in forums and stan Twitter that put that much thought forward into the meaning of a Katy Perry song. 

I personally think the GP listens to a song and maybe occasionally watches a video, and makes the determination whether or not they like it, and that’s it.

It also doesn’t help that the music that is distributed to mass markets are done so based on spin deals set up by labels. The radio format literally plays the GP like sheep. 

How many times have we proven that “request” lines are fake when we’d have thousands of monsters requesting the current single, and then the radio stations don’t play it despite us visually being able to see we had the most votes?

That is so untrue. In fact, the subtlety of the meaning behind "Chained to the Rhythm" is what made news outlets publish several stories of the political underlinings of the song. Sure, preconceived notions about the GP indicate that they're ignorant but this clearly isn't the case since rallying against political causes (ex: she went to several Hillary Clinton rallies) is how she marketed herself at the time. 

"Chained to the Rhythm" is a song about the sedative powers of pop and the collapse of American society. It still gives me goosebumps, and even a shock of self-recognition. Dancing or singing along, I've been one of the literal "wasted zombies" to which the chorus is addressed, spiraling in the Trump era into loops of alcohol-fueled escapism and dread.—Vice

Of course, Perry has been a political pop star outside of her music for years, serving as the most visible musical artist to stump for Hillary Clinton during last year's campaign. And she's hardly the only pop artist making these types of politically charged statements -- "Chained To The Rhythm" is unique, for doing two things: striking the first anti-Donald Trump blow since the man actually became president, and amplifying Perry's new musical agenda at a time when she needed one.—Billboard

Katy Perry’s new video for “Chained to the Rhythm” throws shade at fossil fuels and predatory home lending, nuclear weapons and nuclear families, lines at amusement parks and space helmets worn on Earth. “Katy Perry was the first pop star on the Hillary train, and if Clinton gets elected, she’ll have the most powerful woman in the world in her corner,” said the subhead on an October 2016 Daily Beast piece. “Looks like it’s gonna be a looong four years for her nemesis.”-The Atlantic

While upbeat on the surface, “Chained to the Rhythm” reflects a dire world of repetition and ignorance, all of us trapped like hamsters on a wheel—more on that later—feeding on a false reality. “So comfortable we’re living in a bubble, bubble/ so comfortable we cannot see the trouble, trouble,” she repeats.—TIME

You get the gist. In fact, she received criticism several times because of her political agenda after her interview during the infamous "Witness World Wide" installment. She promoted political messages at the GRAMMYs and BRITS, the music video to the song also has several political messages, and she even called "Chained to the Rhythm" purposeful pop which was all over social media. 

Archived