music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

And f this happens I will get another album just because I want another version of it. :classy: What if she puts BAR and Roses Bloom For U  on LFL and instead of Get Free so all the fans will buy another copies and she wins even more money. :unicorn:

I just wanna hear Roses Bloom For You already :pray:

FfFfFfFF
Just now, Chrastapher said:

I just wanna hear Roses Bloom For You already :pray:

Also let's not omit Yosemite. :gaycat:

StrawberryBlond

Greed of the highest order. You should only be able to justifiably claim 100% copyright to a song that you wrote and produced with no outside assistance. Basically, the only way this would be possible is if someone literally stole your song from your studio. But all the lyrics are Lana's own and she even helped produce it. Radiohead had absolutely no hand in the entire song, so 100% is ridiculous. Honestly, even though I'm usually quite good at noticing rip-offs very quickly, I didn't see this one...probably because the genre and lyrics are so different. Which is the clincher. When someone gets too inspired by music in their own genre, that's one thing, but when genres differ, take a step back and realise it's a coincidence. Compeltely new sounding music is so hard to make in this day and age. Radiohead probably have some very similar sounding tracks to other artists on their albums that no one noticed. I didn't know that they had actually been sued and lost for plagiarism on Creep originally, which makes this whole case even more outrageous. How would they like it if the shoe was on the other foot?

Honestly, this whole thing smacks of male artists just wanting to exert their power over female artists, who they percieve as weaker and at the same time, a threat. I have recently seen a lot of telling remarks made from male artists to female artists lately that really leave a bad taste in the mouth. Even when they're at the top of their game, they still see women as a threat. To try to claim 100% of a song that you had no part in the production of is theft. Plain and simple. If this beautiful song will then be banned from being played, released, performed in future, I'm going to be mad. It's not a single, Lana has never even performed it live. What monetary gains are Radiohead getting out of this? A pure power play? As I said before, male dominance and male tantrums have a lot to answer for.

Oh, and props to Lana for shading them during her live gig the other day! Rock n roll!

18 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

First: Lana's fans (and some people on this cult site :trollga:) reactions show why I hate anyone under 21.

Second: It doesn't matter if it is a well-known song or a B-side, if it's a rip off, she should be sued.

Third: If you really are a Radiohead fan (like some people here love bragging about), you should know that they respect and preserve art. They don't make music to get money and top charts, they have a message to deliver. They don't write songs about 'wanting to die', 'beautiful dresses' and 'daddy issues'. 

I'm a Lana fan and I'm 28. I mean, to say that anyone who has a reaction you don't like must be under 21 is very short-sighted, particularly from a teacher.

And forgive me, but I think there are better things to do in this world than sue people over songs that aren't singles and are only known by fans. Even if someone ripped off a Gaga song, I wouldn't care if it was just an album track.

I've listened to some of Radiohead's albums and am left distinctly unimpressed. I can't even decipher what words they're saying most of the time. Their diction is awful, which is the biggest musical no-no for me. I can hardly like a song if I can't even hear the words. For the most part, I just think their work is pretentious and people believe it's saying more than it actually is. Some actually call Lana pretentious. Why? Any artist who makes understandable songs can only be so pretentious, surely? Lana writes about more than the topics you listed, her latest album, ironically, deals with politics for a good quarter of the album, which you'd know if you bothered to listen to it. It's typical that you see a female artist singing about things that don't appeal to you and assume she's a bimbo who can't think of anything deep. Lana's art is so lyrically rich and intelligent regardless of what she's singing about. Even if she did just sing about the things you said, she'd still do it with more talent than anyone else could. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to assume that all her fans are dumb kids especially considering that the reason Lana's not more commercially successful is because her music is too intelligent for dumb kids to understand. There's a few fanbases that you're highly unlikely to get an intelligent response from if you criticise them but Lana's is not one of them.

Lona Delery

hes speaking the truth

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Solitaiire
17 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

I didn't insult her, I just said the truth :ladyhaha: Deal with it. By the way, funny how you changed your manners after I called you out :lolga:

It's a joke :laughga: I am a teacher. I have to deal with kids and teenagers everyday. It was just a hyperbole about childish behavior.

You are critizing my comment (or rather joke) about age, by using it yourself. That's clever. Dear, it doesn't matter if the song is about Jesus, about trash, mental illness, whatsoever, IF SHE STOLE, SHE HAS TO PAY. Let just see how the case goes 😉

And nice how you ignored the whole part about how the original song was stolen? mhm okay sweaty! I see you:lana:

Ryusei
58 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

I am spending my time thinking about why she would rip off such famous song and offer 40% if she knew she hadn't :lana:

dude, most opinions on this I see, even from radiohead fans, think this is petty and stupid. Just let it go. She didn't "rip off" anything. Similarities in music happen. 

Musery

22 hours ago, monster78619 said:

If she didn't use their song, why would she give them any credibility at all?? 

Tru

Ryusei
5 minutes ago, Jswolf18 said:

Tru

22 hours ago, monster78619 said:

If she didn't use their song, why would she give them any credibility at all?? 

Cause maybe you can't just ignore it when someone's lawyers are like: Bitch gimme 100% of your get free cash. It's called appeasement. Settling without conflict and without their "artistic hearts getting hurt too much from this shameless thievery" altho they don't give a **** about the song and stole it themselves in the first place but ok, everyone's gotta be a special snow flake and act like they invented music,

Musery

FFXSoul91
2 hours ago, Jswolf18 said:

Tru

Because it's petty and not worth fighting over. She would have added them to the composers and they would get a decent chunk of profits for doing nothing.

But if they want 100%, that makes it their song. Then it's a big deal and worth fighting over.

Cssomeone

@Haroon would you care to explain who I insulted and how? I was attacked in this thread as well and I hope the person has received a warning point too 👀

6 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Greed of the highest order. You should only be able to justifiably claim 100% copyright to a song that you wrote and produced with no outside assistance. Basically, the only way this would be possible is if someone literally stole your song from your studio. But all the lyrics are Lana's own and she even helped produce it. Radiohead had absolutely no hand in the entire song, so 100% is ridiculous. Honestly, even though I'm usually quite good at noticing rip-offs very quickly, I didn't see this one...probably because the genre and lyrics are so different. Which is the clincher. When someone gets too inspired by music in their own genre, that's one thing, but when genres differ, take a step back and realise it's a coincidence. Compeltely new sounding music is so hard to make in this day and age. Radiohead probably have some very similar sounding tracks to other artists on their albums that no one noticed. I didn't know that they had actually been sued and lost for plagiarism on Creep originally, which makes this whole case even more outrageous. How would they like it if the shoe was on the other foot?

Honestly, this whole thing smacks of male artists just wanting to exert their power over female artists, who they percieve as weaker and at the same time, a threat. I have recently seen a lot of telling remarks made from male artists to female artists lately that really leave a bad taste in the mouth. Even when they're at the top of their game, they still see women as a threat. To try to claim 100% of a song that you had no part in the production of is theft. Plain and simple. If this beautiful song will then be banned from being played, released, performed in future, I'm going to be mad. It's not a single, Lana has never even performed it live. What monetary gains are Radiohead getting out of this? A pure power play? As I said before, male dominance and male tantrums have a lot to answer for.

Oh, and props to Lana for shading them during her live gig the other day! Rock n roll!

I'm a Lana fan and I'm 28. I mean, to say that anyone who has a reaction you don't like must be under 21 is very short-sighted, particularly from a teacher.

And forgive me, but I think there are better things to do in this world than sue people over songs that aren't singles and are only known by fans. Even if someone ripped off a Gaga song, I wouldn't care if it was just an album track.

I've listened to some of Radiohead's albums and am left distinctly unimpressed. I can't even decipher what words they're saying most of the time. Their diction is awful, which is the biggest musical no-no for me. I can hardly like a song if I can't even hear the words. For the most part, I just think their work is pretentious and people believe it's saying more than it actually is. Some actually call Lana pretentious. Why? Any artist who makes understandable songs can only be so pretentious, surely? Lana writes about more than the topics you listed, her latest album, ironically, deals with politics for a good quarter of the album, which you'd know if you bothered to listen to it. It's typical that you see a female artist singing about things that don't appeal to you and assume she's a bimbo who can't think of anything deep. Lana's art is so lyrically rich and intelligent regardless of what she's singing about. Even if she did just sing about the things you said, she'd still do it with more talent than anyone else could. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to assume that all her fans are dumb kids especially considering that the reason Lana's not more commercially successful is because her music is too intelligent for dumb kids to understand. There's a few fanbases that you're highly unlikely to get an intelligent response from if you criticise them but Lana's is not one of them.

- Like I said before, it was a joke. Have of seen the tweets I posted here? They were probably posted by people who were over 21, and that doesn't mean they were any smart/nice.

- Radiohead will spend more money on lawyers than they'll receive from the song copyright. Like I said before, this has nothing to do with gaining money, but protecting their art.

- I can't understand half of what  Lana says when she sings live either. It must be because her voice is really bad and she sings like she is sleepy.

- Radiohead has over 25 years of career. They are often found in lists of most influential, important and best bands of all time, considered by many The Beatles of modern times. When Lana receives a Grammy, gets an award  pressing her writing skills, or even gets as musically skilled as any Radiohead member we can talk. 

6 hours ago, Ryusei said:

dude, most opinions on this I see, even from radiohead fans, think this is petty and stupid. Just let it go. She didn't "rip off" anything. Similarities in music happen. 

Gosh, Lana must be way too dumb or good to offer 40% of a song she claims to be original. 

6 hours ago, Solitaiire said:

And nice how you ignored the whole part about how the original song was stolen? mhm okay sweaty! I see you:lana:

I didn't ignore it. I said they were sued and had to pay. That doesn't change the fact that they have all the right to sue Lana as well 🙂

ItsTommyBitch
7 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

hes speaking the truth

I'm shook. Lust for Life converted the sexist :udidnt: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived