💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

FFXSoul91
53 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

P.S.: Hummmm, Radiohead have been discussing this since last August, keeping it out of the public eye and agreeing to share the rights of "Get Free" among all "Creep" writers. And LANA herself made it public by tweeting about it. It looks like the tables have turned, haven't they? :trollga:

It already was public before she tweeted, she just confirmed it.

I'm curious to know what was actually said to make her think there was a lawsuit then?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cssomeone
5 minutes ago, FFXSoul91 said:

It already was public before she tweeted, she just confirmed it.

I'm curious to know what was actually said to make her think there was a lawsuit then?

It was public because the information leaked, not because Radiohead made it so. They have been discussing this since last August, but when did you first hear about it though? She confirmed something which is not true :lolga: Also known as a lie or pure ignorance. 

FFXSoul91
23 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

It was public because the information leaked, not because Radiohead made it so. They have been discussing this since last August, but when did you first hear about it though? She confirmed something which is not true :lolga: Also known as a lie or pure ignorance. 

I didn't say they did. I didn't hear about it until shortly before she said something.

We don't know why she believes that, but of course you'd like it to be that she's a stupid lying attention *****, and that's fine. I'm more interested in what was said (which we will probably never know) and not the speculation of it all.

Cssomeone
5 minutes ago, FFXSoul91 said:

I didn't say they did. I didn't hear about it until shortly before she said something.

We don't know why she believes that, but of course you'd like it to be that she's a stupid lying attention *****, and that's fine. I'm more interested in what was said (which we will probably never know) and not the speculation of it all.

I know you didn't say that, I just confirmed that Lana could have been quiet, however she decided to make it public (while Lana fans were attacking Radiohead for "not accpeting the 40% she offered and wanting to make the whole thing public").

HAHAHAHA You are making assumptions about me. I don't think she is a lying attention *****, I just condemn her for turning something which was private, into a big mess. If she hadn't confirmed something which is not true (Radiohead suying her and asking for 100% of the song's copyrights), we wouldn't have had half of the outburst we faced. I just hope she apologizes/clarifies herself soon.

Inferno

What no publication seems to be saying is that I think Radiohead only wants whats fair. They were reprimanded and had to admit to giving credit to the songs chord progression from which Creep derived and all they're asking is for Lana to have to do the same since its ultimately the same progression/melody. Why should she get a pass when they didn't? Im pretty sure thats all it comes down to. So she not only has to credit Radiohead but also the other artists which Radiohead had to credit as well. Shes honestly just being drama and she got what she wanted, her streaming/sales have boosted due to this exposure and as always everyone is running to protect her.

funkyhaus
On 8/1/2018 at 12:23 AM, FFXSoul91 said:

For the record, Get Free is very deep song with a beautiful message about overcoming mental illness. 

Never thought Get Free in this light, new meaning to the song for me :selena:

On 1/7/2018 at 3:20 PM, Cssomeone said:

First: Lana's fans (and some people on this cult site :trollga:) reactions show why I hate anyone under 21.

Second: It doesn't matter if it is a well-known song or a B-side, if it's a rip off, she should be sued.

Third: If you really are a Radiohead fan (like some people here love bragging about), you should know that they respect and preserve art. They don't make music to get money and top charts, they have a message to deliver. They don't write songs about 'wanting to die', 'beautiful dresses' and 'daddy issues'. 

if they respect art and value it why are their albums replicas of hundreds of artists? radiohead is not original. they are corny af and will get not one cent and will look stupid like the flaps on their legs from their wrinkled skin

Lassex

I always thought the song sounded a bit like Creep! But what they're asking for is way too much... :nails:

Cssomeone
1 hour ago, Cssomeone said:

Where are all the outraged Lana fans who were here before tho?

Oh, hi there @ARTPOP39 :yay:

15 minutes ago, ARTPOP39 said:

if they respect art and value it why are their albums replicas of hundreds of artists? radiohead is not original. they are corny af and will get not one cent and will look stupid like the flaps on their legs from their wrinkled skin

if they respect art and value it why are their albums replicas of hundreds of artists? radiohead is not original.

Oh, really? Can you give me examples of bands they have copied? 

and will get not one cent

We shall see :)

like the flaps on their legs from their wrinkled skin

You've been listening to "Young and Beautiful" way too much, darling :ladyhaha: Do you think Lana will never get old? Will she commit suicide before she gets a wrinkle or her hair gets white hair? Or will she not be relevant by then?

8 minutes ago, Lassex said:

I always thought the song sounded a bit like Creep! But what they're asking for is way too much... :nails:

They want an equal split among everyone who has copyrights for "Creep". How is that too much?

Lassex
1 minute ago, Cssomeone said:

They want an equal split among everyone who has copyrights for "Creep". How is that too much?

Oh, I reacted too fast - I didn't read the whole thread. Such a shame that Lana (accidentally) used the melody and now has to face the consequences for something she didn't do intentionally. Anyway, I hope this all ends up in good terms.

freebit

If I were a musician in this day & age, I'd be SO nervous about releasing something too similar to another artist. Ever since the Blurred Lines guys lost to Marvin Gaye's family it's been open season.

That said, this definitely sounded too much like Creep, it wasn't subtle with its influence at all. I don't know how this got through the final cut if Lana and co. weren't ready to credit people or go to court, since as I said, that's just how it is now. :shrug: 

23 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

Oh, hi there @ARTPOP39 :yay:

if they respect art and value it why are their albums replicas of hundreds of artists? radiohead is not original.

Oh, really? Can you give me examples of bands they have copied? 

and will get not one cent

We shall see :)

like the flaps on their legs from their wrinkled skin

You've been listening to "Young and Beautiful" way too much, darling :ladyhaha: Do you think Lana will never get old? Will she commit suicide before she gets a wrinkle or her hair gets white hair? Or will she not be relevant by then?

please radiohead has copied people like Bowie and Mercury so much!!!!!

They will get nothing !!!!! like how you sue someone after you were sued from the same thing like you copied and lost and then now wanna sue because you're dusty and irrelevant. they need to retire.

+++

Don't act like you're not a lana stan!!!! You know her music and listen to it everyday. Stop sucking the nuts and **** of white privilege men that are homophobic sexist and transphobic. You stan bland unseasoned rotten potatoes. Get a life and learn to not be prejudice.

Why are you bringing suicide into this??? STOP !!! YOU ARE DISGUSTING!!!!! 

Archived